★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Also check out LOGO COLOR QUIZ - It's NEW and FREE!

School is back in session, but don't let that get you down. MegaRunner is here to help you waste some time!

It's the perfect companion when you only have a couple seconds to game, or are going for the high score on the leaderboards.

15 Levels of play

3 Difficulty Settings

Super Challenging Gameplay for all ages and skill levels

====
NEXT UPDATE TO INCLUDE:
-----------------------
+ More Character Animations
+ More levels
+ An Additional Difficulty level
01-29-2012, 03:35 PM
glad to see a new game from you

01-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks! I wanted to make something quick, simple, and fun. I've been working on another project for so long that I just wanted to take a couple weeks to work on something else. So out came MegaRunner.

I'm responsible for the programming, art, and design in this one.

Right now the game is kind of like a blank canvas, but don't be fooled. I've put all the basics in there to make it like any other 'line runner' type game, (I'd say it plays a great deal better too). I'm planning on putting a whole bunch more into the game. I'm working on an update as I type..

In fact I'm looking for more ideas. This is a little random, I just came up with this, but any idea suggested here or via email (there's a link in the game), and I use I'll put that person's name/handle in the credits of MegaRunner!

I think that'll be fun.

So what's new with you?

Edit:
Just saw Gun Head!!! Whoa.

I can't wait to see more.
01-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Cool I was hoping for a 'runner' type game for iOS, when I had an Android Tablet I had iRunner and the iPhone needs something like it!
01-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks! Let me know if you have any suggestions that could make the game better.

It might not be completely relevant, but currently MegaRunner is ranked #83 in the Games Category over on Amazon's Kindle store. It's the second most popular new app section too.

For all those wondering, the iPad and Nook Color versions of MegaRunner should be available this week.

Then, in about two weeks it's the triumphant return of An Impossible Game, but this time under a new name. I've spent a good amount of time working out all the kinks, updating the graphics, adding gamecenter, etc. I think everyone is going to be surprised with how it's come together.

Last edited by mrWalrus; 01-29-2012 at 08:05 PM.
01-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrWalrus View Post
Edit:
Just saw Gun Head!!! Whoa.

I can't wait to see more.
new xbox vid just posted up on my youtube, i'll send you the iOS one as well if you like

glad to hear you got over on nook, that store is a good place to be!
02-17-2012, 02:01 PM
I wanted to let everyone know MegaRunner is currently Free.

The next update is right around the corner as well. The game is getting more character animations, more levels, and another level of difficulty.

I'm also thinking about adding another jump setting since some people have emailed saying it feels a little too floaty, while others I've talked to say it works well because it gives them a little extra distance if they hold the button down longer. I might also increase the amount of gravity on the character when you press the roll button in the air. It's increased about 50% right now, but I think it could be turned up a tad.

Anyway, I'm going to keep polishing this project on the side. So please ALL feedback will be seen as constructive. It's a good break from working on the bigger more serious projects. Especially when they hit snags..
02-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Looks fun. Too bad it isn't optimized for the iPad.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
02-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Looks fun. Too bad it isn't optimized for the iPad.
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean, by 'optimized for the iPad'? Do you mean, Universal?
02-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi,

I agree with the previous post - it would be good if we could install it on iPad as well. I love this kind of games.