★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

AWESOME Land - Now THIS is how we pay tribute to classic platform games!!

01-29-2012, 05:28 PM
AWESOME Land - Now THIS is how we pay tribute to classic platform games!!

Introducing AWESOME Land! This game marks FreakZone’s true return to console-style retro gaming.

Manley's motorcycle has been stolen by evil aliens! It's up to you to help him kick some alien hide and claim it back in this incredible tribute to the great platform games of the past!

Venture into a twisted version of the Nevada Desert! Discover alien bases! Stamp on monsters with your massive biker boots! Weave between furious flamethrowers! Munch on meat... from the walls!

Remember when console games were AWESOME? When the challenge was in conquering fearsome obstacle courses rather than getting through needless tutorials? Awesome Land will restore your faith in true gaming and whether you spent your childhood jumping on mushrooms, rolling around loops or even whipping skeletons, this game will give your nostalgia muscles a good workout without having to fork out big bucks in some dusty vintage game store.

- 20 amazing, challenging levels!
- Unique HD retro "photorealistic pixels" art style
- Beastly bosses!
- Silky smooth platform engine
- Rocking soundtrack!

Do you have what it takes to save Manley's bike, or will you be hitchhiking home?

Trailer: http://youtu.be/zs9J9BRzTeo

AWESOME Land is due out on Friday, February 3rd, provided Apple's review process meets the deadline.

Promo codes will be dished out generously on Touch Arcade, so keep your eyes open for the thread!
01-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Will this be Universal?

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

01-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Yep, works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Looks fantastic on the iPad.
01-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I'll prolly be picking this up on Feb. 3!

I just hope this isn't another platformer without GC achievements.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Holy hell, this looks trippy. If it controls well then I'm sold!
01-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Trust me, a lot of time has been taken to make sure this game plays as silky smooth as those classics, and it's been through a lot of testing with gamers.

@GoofyJmaster: GameCenter support is soon to follow! There are some pretty bizarre achievements in this one, with hidden puns for retro gamers
01-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
Trust me, a lot of time has been taken to make sure this game plays as silky smooth as those classics, and it's been through a lot of testing with gamers.

@GoofyJmaster: GameCenter support is soon to follow! There are some pretty bizarre achievements in this one, with hidden puns for retro gamers
Awesome! I'll prolly just buy it and out it on the back burner while I wait for achievements. Well, I'll prolly play the first couple of levels so that I can leave impressions and get the word out upon release.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
01-29-2012, 07:10 PM
oh my god this game looks awesome!

*open arms* come to me D:

All Time Favorites:Super Crossfire HD
Playing:Dodonpachi:BD ,UMK3, KOF-i
Waiting for:fleetCOMM, Noble Armada, God of Blades
Follow me on Tumblr
01-29-2012, 07:54 PM
This looks batshit crazy. I want it.
01-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Wow this looks amazing and crazy with the graphics I'm loving it! Can't wait to try this one out definitely going to have to keep my eyes peeled for a promo code!