Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 06-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Connector Connector is offline
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 14,835
Default

You're right about BP2, there's less bullets, so manuering is easier. Dodonpachi is crazy with all the crap they send at you, but that's why I like it. Just plain crazy sometimes is fun.

Anyone know Cave's next shooter is going to be? There was a rumour that they might be working on a puzzle or social networking game, but I sure hope they stick with shooters cause that is what they are awesome at.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-07-2012, 07:54 PM
bossepy bossepy is offline
Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 53
Default

I hope they port Deathsmiles II.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-23-2012, 03:05 PM
kioshi kioshi is online now
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 774
Default

Do you guys prefer playing these games on the iPhone or iPad?

There are some games I prefer the iPhone (racing, inferno+) and since Cave's titles are not cheap, that would influence my decision because I'm thinking about Bug Panic or Bug Princess 2 - got the lite version of bp2, not so sure I like it on the tablet, I"d rather hear feedback from you pros
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Connector Connector is offline
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 14,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
Do you guys prefer playing these games on the iPhone or iPad?

There are some games I prefer the iPhone (racing, inferno+) and since Cave's titles are not cheap, that would influence my decision because I'm thinking about Bug Panic or Bug Princess 2 - got the lite version of bp2, not so sure I like it on the tablet, I"d rather hear feedback from you pros
Hands down on my new ipad. With all the bullets, it is hard to become an expert on the iphone version. While I find the iphone version fun, it does seem like a different game than the ipad version.

Plus with the ipad, I can play with a stylus, and that is the way I like to play shmups because it feels like I am playing with a joystick. I can use my stylus with the iphone, but since the screen is small, it doesnt feel like a joystick to me. I cant even play my cave shooters without my stylus, it feels weird playing the games with my finger.

I would buy bug princess 2 over bug panic in an instant. I have both on both my ipad and iphone. I play bug princess 2 all the time on my ipad, in fact it is one of my favorite games on it, and bug panic does not play well on the ipad because the dual stick controls are so big and hard to reach.

Buy bug princess 2, and get a stylus, you will love it, I guantee it!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-23-2012, 04:06 PM
kioshi kioshi is online now
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I would buy bug princess 2 over bug panic in an instant. I have both on both my ipad and iphone. I play bug princess 2 all the time on my ipad, in fact it is one of my favorite games on it, and bug panic does not play well on the ipad because the dual stick controls are so big and hard to reach.

Buy bug princess 2, and get a stylus, you will love it, I guantee it!
Thanks for the feedback! Since I won't go out tonight like planned (a lil sick) I decided to grab Bug Panic before you answered (I was playing Ballistic and Inferno but I was getting bored) and WOW the game is awesome. I actually didn't put it down until the 1st world end because of the adrenaline rush, which was already more than any other dual-stick gave me.

Since I noticed (from playing the 1st level of BP2's lite version) that Cave's games ooze quality, I thought B. Panic would be a fabulous twin stick shooter to play on the go, and I'm glad I was right

As for the top down shooters, I'm set on BP2 - I do have a Wacom stylus and an iPad 2, good to know it's nice to play on the tablet and the stylus tip, I'll spend more time with B. Panic and decide if later I get BP2 or the Black Label one (the premium price of the new one scares me a bit - I got Chaos Rings Omega without thinking since I love the FF series and I ended up not playing it much because ya know, no 'quest' like the Final Fantasies).
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Connector Connector is offline
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 14,835
Default

Probably the black label new version would be a better buy than the original bug princess 2, that seems to be the opinion in the bug princess 2 black label thread. I would like the black label version, but since I already have the original version, I probably won't buy the new version.

I like bug panic too, but since I do almost all of my gaming on my ipad, bug princess 2 is whack, and it doesnt take up too much memory like dodonpachi hd does. I would highly recommend it whenever you have an urge to buy another game.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-23-2012, 05:48 PM
kioshi kioshi is online now
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 774
Default

You're right, BP2 is much better to play on the iPad, just tried the lite version here.

But I thought it looks crappy on my iPad 2 (looked fine on the iPhone 4S, and the lite version is universal), even with screen set to medium. For comparison, I got the lite version of Espgaluda HD and it looks much better to me even with the screen set to large. Is Espgaluda rendered at a higher resolution?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:49 PM
ednan ednan is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
You're right, BP2 is much better to play on the iPad, just tried the lite version here.

But I thought it looks crappy on my iPad 2 (looked fine on the iPhone 4S, and the lite version is universal), even with screen set to medium. For comparison, I got the lite version of Espgaluda HD and it looks much better to me even with the screen set to large. Is Espgaluda rendered at a higher resolution?

Thanks!
Yes, both ESPGaluda II HD and DoDonPachi Ressurection HD use the Xbox version graphics and are superior, hence the hardware limitations in the description (it runs just fine on iPhone 4 though)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-24-2012, 12:22 AM
kioshi kioshi is online now
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
Yes, both ESPGaluda II HD and DoDonPachi Ressurection HD use the Xbox version graphics and are superior, hence the hardware limitations in the description (it runs just fine on iPhone 4 though)
Thank you a lot, ednan. It's weird, while Bug Panic looks nice on my iPad 2 even upscaled (I use the Retinapad Cydia tweak but I tried to compare now with it on and off, only the text like the menus seem to change, so the game looks ok even at normal 2x).

But PB2 Lite... the colors looks washed out, the game looks kinda bland (the universal one) even at 'medium' screen with the borders. On the iPhone 4S it looked okay.

So I'll get Espgaluda since from what I've seen in discussions, I like the theme better than DoDondon whatever and people are saying it's not as fast paced, I don't need it now since it's been a long time I haven't played a top down shooter. I won't get it now because I found Lightning Fighter from some people saying it's better than Cave's ones - although it doesn't seem the case to me, it's a buck and I'm having tons of fun with it and it looks crisp at 2x too (fought three bosses and the game is really polished, but I found the first level of Esp and Dondon very elaborate so when I buy ESP I'll be able to compare).

And well if I get on this shooter craze I'll end up buying Princess too, looks good enough on my iphone. But HD ones first.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Royce Royce is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
Thank you a lot, ednan. It's weird, while Bug Panic looks nice on my iPad 2 even upscaled (I use the Retinapad Cydia tweak but I tried to compare now with it on and off, only the text like the menus seem to change, so the game looks ok even at normal 2x).
Bug Panic is Cave's iOS original title, so the graphics are decent as they were designed for iPhone resolution. Both Bug Princess games use graphics from an arcade title designed for much lower resolution displays.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent