Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Bug Panic is Cave's iOS original title, so the graphics are decent as they were designed for iPhone resolution. Both Bug Princess games use graphics from an arcade title designed for much lower resolution displays.
True dat, I read it on a review but I forgot. I actually only found out about how Cave games are revered yesterday and my reasoning for getting Bug Panic first is that I already like Dual stick shooters, and after beating the first three worlds and stopping because my thumb got sore, I don't regret it since I liked it much, much more than the others I have.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossepy View Post
I hope they port Deathsmiles II.
+1, in a Universal App (HD).
Old 08-13-2012, 09:58 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I pretty much settled on DDPR after enjoying all the others but never really preferring them over DDPR. When I'm not in the mood to play DDPR, I'm not in the mood to play a bullet-hell in general.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:38 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Sorry to bump an older thread. With the new game from Cave, Dodonpachi Maximum, my list of favorite Cave games has finally shifted. The top 3 are:

1. Mushihimesama Bug Panic
2. Deathsmiles
3. Dodonpachi Maximum

The main reason I like DDPM more than the others is it feels simpler and the bullets feels slower. There's no switching shots for the 3 ships I tried so far. The slower bullets helps me to focus on just dodging bullets, giving me more time to focus on bullet patterns. The later stages of their other games get too fast for me to see the bullet patterns, so its more of a reflex test for me.

Anyways, for me, I'd recommend Dodonpachi Maximum for beginners as a good starting point.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

1. Bug Princess 2 Black Label

I know there was a huge gripe here about the cost and the IAPs, but this really is the definitive version and well worth the money. The improvement to the core game scoring system and God Mode are worth it.

2. Dodonpachi Maximum

Simpler, but fun as ever. The ship variety makes up for the lack of harder difficulties on the earlier levels. It has surpassed Espgaluda II due to its smartphone design; as much as I love that one, I often have trouble hitting the right buttons when I'm focused on the core of the ship.

3. Espgaluda II

This one has the most complex but ultimately satisfying scoring system. That also makes it the most unforgiving. From a purely survival standpoint, it's the most difficult Cave game (for me). Playing for score turns it into a completely different experience. Has my favorite art style/story as well.

4. DDPR

Growing on me rapidly since I broke down and bought the HD version. Can't wait for the Cave Christmas sale to snag Espgaluda HD.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Just wait for Ikaruga! Out on ANdroid now
Old 12-14-2012, 12:36 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Dodonpachi Resurrection.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

HD Espgaluda II on holiday sale? Sure, why not. It's bumped back up to number 2.