★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Warm Gun (by Emotional Robots) $4.99-->$1.99

01-31-2012, 12:15 AM
Warm Gun (by Emotional Robots) $4.99-->$1.99

New update and on sale!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
01-31-2012, 09:48 AM
It took us a while to get this update out, but with only one dedicated programmer and a team of roughly six total developers, we're very proud at the overhaul.

I think for quite a few people, our initial release left a lot to be desired. This was mostly due to the fact that we tried squeezing technology onto a tiny platform and didn't have any prior mobile development experience to build from. But we learned. Holy shit did we learn. The fans also really helped drive some of the points home

We've come a LONG way since initial release, personally re-polishing every individual asset (over 6000 assets in Warm Gun) and revamping about 60% of our code. I think our work is going to show on this update, too. Our testers (however few we can get ahold of) have consistently reported little to no lag, and no crashing. Gameplay felt much smoother and more intuitive.

I'm sure you guys will find bugs that we missed at some point, but at least this time we're in a much better position to fix them without needing to revamp the entire game!

Now we can also concentrate on more weapons and classes, too.

01-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Tempted.... Re-downloading the demo as i see that's been updated too.

Game Center - I BrEaKBEaT I
01-31-2012, 07:59 PM
I Bought It

I have an iPhone 4S and it is downloading right now... will post brief review soon
01-31-2012, 08:24 PM
It's Okay

The developers still have some work to do. The framerate is good and the game works pretty well on the iPhone 4S but the visuals, gameplay mechanics, and lack of variety leave much to be desired. But I do believe the game is good enough to be fixed in a few updates. First and foremost the max player count needs to be expanded because the maps (which are not the best design) feel very empty despite their small size. The visuals also could be better especially on an iPhone 4S. Also there are way to few guns or items and there is absolutely no sense of progression (at least from what I've seen). I trust the developers to make a great game and I believe this game will become very popular if these changes are put in... I just hope they don't give up on the game.
01-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Is it worth getting for $2.00?
Is this a 1 day sale?

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
- Bixby Snyder
01-31-2012, 09:15 PM
I'd say it's worth getting at the price but just know the game still feels a little beta-ish...
01-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by mantisLJD View Post
Is it worth getting for $2.00?
Is this a 1 day sale?
I'd say it's worth getting at the price it just feels kinda unpolished