★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TouchSports Tennis out!!

11-15-2008, 04:23 AM
TouchSports Tennis out!!

Aah finally the wait comes to an end. Saw the game a few days back on youtube. Amazing graphics and a modest price tag of $5. Check it out!

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=vabJgiSL6NY
11-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Bump....noone excited?

11-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Hmmm, i'm very VERY excited about this, but not sure whether to get it, as shown before, the control scheme wasn't really appealing. I'll wait for some reviews.
11-15-2008, 06:38 AM
I'm with my kids right now but the game looks really nice.

Graphics are better than I thought.

But I have to play it latter.
11-15-2008, 07:49 AM
I really like the look of this, and I love Tennis games normally. I am just a little dubious as to how much control you will have and how that affects your strategy. Hmmm. I might bite.
11-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Ok i Just Bought the Game. The only two words i have are STAY CLEAR. I can't believe i spent the last of my pocket money on a bullshit game. To start off there are only women players. and u have to select from a huge lineup of 3 yes 3 Players in total. No character customization at all. and about the gameplay lol....the only thing you do is serve! After that you just have to run around the screen and when you are in the range of the ball it hits automatically. Only the Players are modeled in 3D rest all average stuff. The controls for running are not responsive at all when you tap the screen. and when did tennis become so slow??. Even single player seems like you are playing in a laggy Multiplayer server. All in all

Graphics: 3/5
Gameplay: 1/5
Presentation: 2/5
Overall: 2/5
11-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer_megadeth View Post
Ok i Just Bought the Game. The only two words i have are STAY CLEAR. I can't believe i spent the last of my pocket money on a bullshit game. To start off there are only women players. and u have to select from a huge lineup of 3 yes 3 Players in total. No character customization at all. and about the gameplay lol....the only thing you do is serve! After that you just have to run around the screen and when you are in the range of the ball it hits automatically. Only the Players are modeled in 3D rest all average stuff. The controls for running are not responsive at all when you tap the screen. and when did tennis become so slow??. Even single player seems like you are playing in a laggy Multiplayer server. All in all

Graphics: 3/5
Gameplay: 1/5
Presentation: 2/5
Overall: 2/5
Just a small addition regarding your gameplay note:

You tap in your court to set the player position then you can tilt right or left to give the ball the direction you want. So it's not just a matter to move the player.

In easy mode the game gives a hint where you should better place (tap on court) the player. There's normal and hard levels.

Along with quick play there's also a tour one.

It seems really nice for the first version.

I'll play it later but so far so good.
11-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
Just a small addition regarding your gameplay note:

You tap in your court to set the player position then you can tilt right or left to give the ball the direction you want. So it's not just a matter to move the player.

In easy mode the game gives a hint where you should better place (tap on court) the player. There's normal and hard levels.

Along with quick play there's also a tour one.

It seems really nice for the first version.

I'll play it later but so far so good.
i beg to disagree my friend. i dot think just tilting and giving the direction to the ball adds to the gameplay. What about the framerates??....graphics?? I only gave 3/5 for the up close shots of the players. while you are actually playing the players look like they are hand drawn
11-15-2008, 08:24 AM
No problem Slayer_megadeth.

Give the ball direction makes a great difference IMO, it's more control than just place the player in the court and wait for it do decide where to play.

As I said before I can't play it right now but later I'll probably write more about my impressions.
11-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Hmm. I need to see more reviews before I will buy it now. I am concerned with Slayers comments, and can see what he means about the speed of the game at least in the YouTube video. It does look too slow. Is this because it is on an easy difficulty perhaps? I don't mind there being only women players mind