★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

ARDefender is FREE! (.99 > FREE)

02-01-2012, 04:56 AM
ARDefender is FREE! (.99 > FREE)

This acclaimed augmented reality game is free (via iphon.fr) for the first time since release in September 2010.
02-01-2012, 06:07 AM
great game. thanks iphon.fr!

needs some investment painting or printing the game sheet.. that actually kept me from playing it for some time. oh yeah!

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!

02-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Great game! Thanks! Very interesting technic!

BTW you even don't need to print the target card (game sheet). An iPhone or iPad with the pattern (PDF download) on the screen will do and works pretty well (if you care a bit that nothing—like light tubes—reflects). Additionally you can draw it with a real pencil. A video at the beginning shows how.

Love it how you need to move and turn around the virtual tower with the iPhone or iPad for having the aim uncovered. Have nasty creeps scrabbling on your home-sweet-home table and entering your iPhone (if you use it as target card/sheet).

Got it for free an hour ago but when I checked again it seems that the sale is already over?! Bummer, because I wanted to recommend it in my blog…

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
02-01-2012, 07:30 AM
The game will be free until midnight, but it seems that Apple servers have decided to switch it randomly from free to paid...

So yes, it's free for a limited period (today) but sometimes you'll have to wait until the server is correctly synced.
02-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc_int13 View Post
The game will be free until midnight,
I will not complain, but this is rather short. Twelve hours with start difficutlities of the sale. You know? A message needs some time to go around that little world…

Quote:
but it seems that Apple servers have decided to switch it randomly from free to paid...

So yes, it's free for a limited period (today) but sometimes you'll have to wait until the server is correctly synced.
Are you the developer or the publisher? Okay, I will believe you. ARDefender is featured. Awesome game. Looks good on iPad 2. Certainly one of the best and most entertaining AR apps in town.

02-01-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm the CEO and lead developer at int13, the studio behind ARDefender, we're an independant studio, no publisher.

I agree, if we see that 24hours is too short we may keep it free for a bit longer.

I hope you'll enjoy the game!
02-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc_int13 View Post
I'm the CEO and lead developer at int13, the studio behind ARDefender, we're an independant studio, no publisher.
Welcome, stephc_int13 (could you please explain this)! Congrats, very good game.

Quote:
I agree, if we see that 24hours is too short we may keep it free for a bit longer.
I am sure a lot of folks will be very thankful for this. Not said that the game isn't worth at least one or two bucks.

I don't want to sound greedy but it's a bit of work writing an article on an app. And the many readers of this special touchArcade forum and of my blog are going MAD if the featured app isn't actually free (or reduced) when they read the posting even soon.

There are some experiences with such sales in App Store. The most generous thing is when a sale lasts at least 48 hours and has been announced one week before. That's more than fair. On the other side I am sure that such a sale makes much "free" pr for a dev/game/app.

Quote:
I hope you'll enjoy the game!
Absolutely. Thanks again.

02-01-2012, 08:44 AM
and i was planning to buy this while on my way home from work.... only to find out it's free awesome!!!

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
02-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Great game!
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Welcome, stephc_int13 (could you please explain this)! Congrats, very good game.

I don't want to sound greedy but it's a bit of work writing an article on an app. And the many readers of this special touchArcade forum and of my blog are going MAD if the featured app isn't actually free (or reduced) when they read the posting even soon.

Absolutely. Thanks again.
I'll change the price tomorrow at 12:00 PM GMT +1, all right? Or you need more time?