Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
I got the compensation. As soon as I opened the game, the three free purchases were there. Did you uninstall the game? I left it installed even after losing the data until the update came out. Maybe the reason you aren't getting the compensation is if you uninstalled the game and then reinstalled the update as if you were installing a new game? I don't know, just trying to guess there...
I read somewhere that the new update reads the corrupted save file and then unlocks this 3 free bonus... Maybe is this, you are telling... If someone uninstall the game (together and the corrupted file) the new update cannot do the job... Anyway if this is the reason then is a very bad way to give back the iaps to the people...
Old 06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
I read somewhere that the new update reads the corrupted save file and then unlocks this 3 free bonus... Maybe is this, you are telling... If someone uninstall the game (together and the corrupted file) the new update cannot do the job... Anyway if this is the reason then is a very bad way to give back the iaps to the people...
Yeah, but I don't know if the dev is able/allowed to see who purchased, so there would be no other way I can think of to do it. If the player doesn't get the compensation, he can always ask Apple for a refund.

Actually, I started playing from the beginning before the update, and to be honest, didn't really care about the compensation. In fact, I felt iffy about taking it because it felt like cheating. lol, however, after I got the money and bought the best cars and upgraded them all, it still wasn't an automatic win. I wasn't focusing 100% on the game, because I figured it would be an easy win, but, heh, it wasn't. In fact, it almost felt like the AI got reverted back to before the update. I doubt that's the case, but has anyone else felt that since this week's update?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Just checked it out and got the three free iaps. Used two for unlocking tracks, and the third for a consumable iap - two million cash. The cool thing about this is your nonconsumable iaps are kept on your account so you can use them on another device if you are using the same account. My brother is now using my ipad 1 (whereas I am now using my ipad 3), so he should be able to unlock the tracks on that device too.

It is nice to be able to buy all the expensive cars. I might hold off upgrading them (or upgrading them fully) until I've had a chance to try them out first, then gradually upgrade them. Part of the fun is beefing up the cars and seeing the improvements in performance. Now I don't have to focus on buying the cars (which might have taken forever for me), but on testing them out on each type of track with various stages of upgrades.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
I got the compensation. As soon as I opened the game, the three free purchases were there. Did you uninstall the game? I left it installed even after losing the data until the update came out. Maybe the reason you aren't getting the compensation is if you uninstalled the game and then reinstalled the update as if you were installing a new game? I don't know, just trying to guess there...
I have felling you are right. I had deleted from the iPod and tried resyncing with my Mac in the hope that it may have worked after the bug fix update. It didn't, but as a consequence I reckon it has reset everything when it's been put on the iPod again, hence no compensation with this update. Dev has PM'd me, haven't heard back yet. I guess the saving grace for this one is that it's an awesome racing game and fun to play through, even if you had all but completed it before!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I have my Steer Sensitivity set on ZERO. THAT'S the control I've been looking for. Jesus Christ what a difference. It's hilarious now when you go from zero sensitivity to 100% sensitivity. Pixelbite, I think you could go even a little bit lower too if you wanted, maybe 5-10%.

I forgot to ask... Any word on what the next update will include? Very excited about that.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
I have my Steer Sensitivity set on ZERO. THAT'S the control I've been looking for. Jesus Christ what a difference. It's hilarious now when you go from zero sensitivity to 100% sensitivity. Pixelbite, I think you could go even a little bit lower too if you wanted, maybe 5-10%.

I forgot to ask... Any word on what the next update will include? Very excited about that.
Wow, 0%, that's... low.

We got two updates in the pipe, and I'm not sure yet in which order they will come. But there will be new cars, tracks, routes, but the biggest thing is the drift mode. All tracks will be playable in drift, and I really think you'll enjoy it! We updated the physics and controls for the drift cars, so you can do really long, smooth drifts through a whole track, and even control the drift with the throttle.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:36 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

HI pixelbite, just wondering if there's any word regarding compensation for those that lost data but didn't get anything in the last update.Thanks.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelbite_Games View Post
Wow, 0%, that's... low.

We got two updates in the pipe, and I'm not sure yet in which order they will come. But there will be new cars, tracks, routes, but the biggest thing is the drift mode. All tracks will be playable in drift, and I really think you'll enjoy it! We updated the physics and controls for the drift cars, so you can do really long, smooth drifts through a whole track, and even control the drift with the throttle.
Low compared to 100%, but not low in terms of feel. It takes the most 'twitch' out of the sensitivity which gives me the most control of my car, which is what is most important, even if the physics suffer a little for it. Like I said, I could see it as going 5-10% lower.

Long, smooth drifts... This sounds good. To me the updates that should be released first are the ones that address as much of the mechanics/physics of the vehicles as possible. From there all subsequent updates are just pure butter. Mmmmm, butter...
Old 06-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

And Pixelbite, I want to thank you for coming coming back to the forum and responding to comments. It's appreciated, and nice job on the Steering Sensitivity tweak. I look forward to seeing this game evolve and improve.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Well what do you know, I fired up the game today only to be presented with a "choose your avatar screen". Seems like all progress managed to delete itself. Since I love the game I don't mind starting all over, but it's just not cool.