Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-02-2012, 10:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I've played for about 15 minutes, and I'm on the 3rd base... 3-4... so... 12 levels in? Why? Do the levels get longer? Wait... even if they do... half the game has really short levels...
The levels don't get longer, but there's quite a spike in difficulty in some of the later levels. If my "Hardcore Mode" idea was the actual basic game mode here and we couldn't return to last the last level we played after losing all our lives, the majority of people here would be moaning about how it's too hard and unfair. BUT...a lot of games we used to think were insanely long were just short and hard back in the day. If this were my game, I honestly believe AWESOME Land would benefit greatly without a "Continue" feature. I'd totally get rid of it. Once you've lost all your lives and the couple of continues you've accumulated...suck it up and try again. Not only would people appreciate the length and strength of the level design, they'd have to memorize the levels like back in day. It's too bad people don't have the patience for that nowadays.

Last edited by metalcasket; 02-02-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Old 02-02-2012, 10:32 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I have a disease that makes me download any and every platformer.

I love how over the top this is.
It's like Lemmy from Motörhead got his own game.

On a side note I can't believe my iPhone just auto corrected and added the dots when I typed Motörhead. That's crazy. Someone at apple must be a metal head.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotsvswizards.com View Post
I have a disease that makes me download any and every platformer.

On a side note I can't believe my iPhone just auto corrected and added the dots when I typed Motörhead. That's crazy. Someone at apple must be a metal head.
...and right there is another reason why I love you guys. If DistantJ is willing to make that hardcore mode, I suggest it be called "Killed by Death".
Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotsvswizards.com View Post
Quote of the day!
*rushing off to queue up Ace of Spades!*
Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Personally, I don't associate this with Mario at all. Even when i saw it in the upcoming thread that wasn't the first thing that popped into my head. Just like Distant J said, it's a homage to many a game from the days of yore. Going back and looking them, you can find more stuff not Mario than Mario related.

TBH, Paper Monsters is more reminiscent of a Mario game than this IMHO. But people saw the design and immediately jumped on this morality bandwagon.

The guy doesn't even look like Mario. And how was he supposed to make a hard rocker dude look any different with 16 bit art?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Ok... so i have played this game a bit now.

I.AM.IMPRESSED.

I guess it's the controls. It's just so responsive each jump is as accurate as how you play it.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Personally, I don't associate this with Mario at all. Even when i saw it in the upcoming thread that wasn't the first thing that popped into my head. Just like Distant J said, it's a homage to many a game from the days of yore. Going back and looking them, you can find more stuff not Mario than Mario related.

TBH, Paper Monsters is more reminiscent of a Mario game than this IMHO. But people saw the design and immediately jumped on this morality bandwagon.

The guy doesn't even look like Mario. And how was he supposed to make a hard rocker dude look any different with 16 bit art?
Please stop defending as if this game was yours, let people have their own opinions, some may like it and some dont, its the way of live, not every game is for everyone
Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Please stop defending as if this game was yours, let people have their own opinions, some may like it and some dont, its the way of live, not every game is for everyone
What??? That post doesn't make any sense. I'm not defending it like it's mine, but I'm defending it for what it is. I never said anyone's opinion was wrong, nor did i personally attack anyone.

Paper monster is more of a clone than this game is. Also, what was the character supposed to look like given the art style?

I'm not really understanding what you have a problem with and i'm not understanding why people are being so sensitive.

How about we just all start calling out clones for every game that hits the AppStore? I mean a ton of these games you can find a console counterpart of a flash counterpart so...

Also, the game like so many before it and after it took it's inspiration from some other game (in this case someold school games), so again I'm not seeing the problem.

iOS gamers give me headache!

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 02-02-2012 at 11:13 AM..
Old 02-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Ok... so i have played this game a bit now.

I.AM.IMPRESSED.

I guess it's the controls. It's just so responsive each jump is as accurate as how you play it.
Gotta stop reading this thread. It just makes me want to press some magic fast forward button to make my little guy move faster!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
What??? That post doesn't make any sense. I'm not defending it like it's mine, but I'm defending it for what it is. I never said anyone's opinion was wrong, nor did i personally attack anyone.

Paper monster is more of a clone than this game is. Also, what was the character supposed to look like given the art style?

I'm not really understanding what you have a problem with and i'm not understanding why people are being so sensitive.

How about we just all start calling out clones for every game that hits the AppStore? I mean a ton of these games you can find a console counterpart of a flash counterpart so...

Also, the game like so many before it and after it took it's inspiration from some other game (in this case someold school games), so again I'm not seeing the problem.

iOS gamers give me headache!
Yet after every post from someone saying that this game is not of their taste you make a statement regarding how good and not like mario this game is... its really easy to spot someone who got a promo code....