App description: "A 16 bit lover's wet dream an awesome platforming experience" - APPtitudes

"A heartfelt homage... beautiful 16-bit graphic design... Awesome Lands virtual controls are awesome, easily among the best of any game regardless of genre in the App Store" - AppTudes

"The controls are abso-****ing-lutely perfect. I don't remember the last iOS game I've played that actually feels this smooth brilliant level design you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by buying it" - Metalcasket

Manley's motorcycle has been stolen by evil aliens! It's up to you to help him kick some alien hide and claim it back in this incredible parody of the great platform games of the past!

Venture into a twisted version of the Nevada Desert! Discover alien bases! Stamp on monsters with your massive biker boots! Weave between furious flamethrowers! Munch on meat... from the walls!

- 25 amazing, challenging levels!
- Unique HD retro "photorealistic pixels" art style
- Beastly bosses!
- Silky smooth platform engine (iPhone 4 or later recommended)
- Rocking soundtrack!
- Scoring and Game Center Leaderboards!

Do you have what it takes to save Manley's bike, or will you be hitchhiking home?

Echoseven's comments:




06-20-2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Hell yeah ! That would be great
Seconded - fantastic.
06-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
Should be fixed with the update I'm putting out alongside MANOS.
Good. I'll hold off from playin until then... Again...

07-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Now working on support for iCade and iCade Mobile, which should be implemented some time next month
07-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
Now working on support for iCade and iCade Mobile, which should be implemented some time next month
Any news on that update that's supposed to make this more stable on 3rd gens?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
07-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Doing what I can, I think it should be dealt with soon Hopefully the issue will be fixed at the same time as the iCade support added. If MANOS does well enough for me I'll grab myself a 3rd Gen for testing purposes. Just in case it doesn't fix it, the update clears the memory each time you lose a life, so if the slowdown does still occur it shouldn't stick around for long.
07-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
Doing what I can, I think it should be dealt with soon Hopefully the issue will be fixed at the same time as the iCade support added. If MANOS does well enough for me I'll grab myself a 3rd Gen for testing purposes. Just in case it doesn't fix it, the update clears the memory each time you lose a life, so if the slowdown does still occur it shouldn't stick around for long.
Sweet! Sounds good!
11-12-2012, 03:27 PM
OK guys, I'm just about to submit a new update to AWESOME Land that improves performance and adds support for the iPhone 5's widescreen as well as full screen on the iPad (no more black letterboxing), and some new features. Hoping I can generate some new interest in this game which I'm still proud of despite some controversy.
11-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
OK guys, I'm just about to submit a new update to AWESOME Land that improves performance and adds support for the iPhone 5's widescreen as well as full screen on the iPad (no more black letterboxing), and some new features. Hoping I can generate some new interest in this game which I'm still proud of despite some controversy.
Still waiting with playing the game for the achievements update you promised ages ago :P
11-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Game was just updated with iPhone 5 support and some other tweaks, unfortunately still no Gamecenter achievements

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.