Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I've literally been playing this non-stop for the last 4 hours (after I accidentally clicked New Game and had to restart when I died on 5-1 >_>), but I just finished the game. Give me a few minutes to rest and I'll have some some impressions.

Spoilers: It's really good.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
Based on your responses here, I've lowered the price to $1.99 USD until next week.

I hope that you don't consider it a clone, you should play the game, it's got a lot more in common with classic platformers in general than just Super Mario. The sprite sort of pays homage to his stance and moustache but otherwise you'll find more Mega Man and CastleVania references in here really.
Actually, what I saw on the video struck me as having some personality of its own. I think the $1.99 price point will be more palatable to folks -- I would just stick to that for a while.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I've tried it on a 3GS and a 4. It's a tad slow at times on a 3GS but nothing thats a deal breaker in any way. I'm up to level 2-2 and enjoying it a lot. The boss fight at the end of World 1 was an unexpected surprise. The controls are tight and responsive. The music is fun, not chip tunes but an edgy biker tune that goes with the story line. So far the difficulty is enough to make it fun, nothing too extreme (yet). :roll eyes:
I'd love to see achievements or stars at the end of each level. There are hidden lives to find. Also if we could replay a level. Other than that or a scoring mechanism, I find no fault. Great game and a nice flashback feeling!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:48 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I've literally been playing this non-stop for the last 4 hours (after I accidentally clicked New Game and had to restart when I died on 5-1 >_>), but I just finished the game. Give me a few minutes to rest and I'll have some some impressions.
Multiple save games in an update perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Actually, what I saw on the video struck me as having some personality of its own. I think the $1.99 price point will be more palatable to folks -- I would just stick to that for a while.
Always willing to listen to customers/players. I did some market research asking a few gamers if the $2.99 price tag was fair and a lot of them called it a bargain for 20 levels, but possibly this should have been asked more to touch gamers as opposed to general gamers. Thanks for your feedback everybody!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Based on your responses here, I've lowered the price to $1.99 USD until next week.
Thanks for that, i'll be getting this at 12am tonight so i'll post my impressions tomorrow
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
I've tried it on a 3GS and a 4. It's a tad slow at times on a 3GS but nothing thats a deal breaker in any way.
Already working on an update to improve performance on newer devices, it should be a drastic improvement

Quote:
I'd love to see achievements or stars at the end of each level.
We have retro-themed achievements along with bonus levels in a future update! Want to make sure people get plenty of bang for their buck!

Quote:
Also if we could replay a level.
You think this would add to it? I can put this feature in in an update if a lot of people think it'd enhance the game.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:57 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Multiple save games in an update perhaps?
If you're planning on leaving the game as it is now, I don't think that's entirely necessary. Just have a "Are you sure you want to start a new game? Doing so will erase your progress." kind of warning.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

The lower price tag is now permanent until further notice. Let's see how it goes.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:01 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Glad to hear positive impressions so far can't wait to see the boss fights!

[Text Deleted: Don't ask for promo codes]

Last edited by Red1; 02-02-2012 at 03:26 AM..
Old 02-01-2012, 10:28 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
The lower price tag is now permanent until further notice. Let's see how it goes.
This is how you dev in style, people!