★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Finally, the tower defense game fans have been waiting for!

Rapid-fire archers, magic beams that slice up the board, cannons that roar as they blast enemies to bits -- Legends TD is packed with fantasy fire-power!

Command a powerful team of heroes, all with unique abilities! Overcome incredible challenges with strategy and wit! Rescue helpless villagers and rid the kingdom of foul creatures! Build the ultimate defense against evil!

PLEASE NOTE! This game is free to play, made by people who love tower defense and think you will too!

Explore fantastic worlds of magic and wonder!
Discover new towers with each new world!
Epic boss battles!
Team up diverse heroes to tackle unique challenges!
So many different enemies with interesting powers!
Unlock permanent upgrades for your towers!
Master 40+ levels, and the additional challenges built into them!
Events daily!

BabeltimeUS's comments:

Legends TD

Babeltime Inc
Genres: Games Strategy
Free

Quote:
Finally, the tower defense game fans have been waiting for!

Rapid-fire archers, magic beams that slice up the board, cannons that roar as they blast enemies to bits -- Legends TD is packed with fantasy fire-power!

Command a powerful team of heroes, all with unique abilities! Overcome incredible challenges with strategy and wit! Rescue helpless villagers and rid the kingdom of foul creatures! Build the ultimate defense against evil!

PLEASE NOTE! This game is free to play, made by people who love tower defense and think you will too!

Explore fantastic worlds of magic and wonder!
Discover new towers with each new world!
Epic boss battles!
Team up diverse heroes to tackle unique challenges!
So many different enemies with interesting powers!
Unlock permanent upgrades for your towers!
Master 40+ levels, and the additional challenges built into them!
Events daily!

Version 1.0.2 (Build 26000)

Released on 11/13/2016
-Colored map
-Increased maximum life from 10 to 20 and rebalanced some levels
-Unlock all hero slots after level 5
-Fixed touch sensitivity issue on some Android Devices
-Fixed a bug that may cause player to stuck at title screen
-Fixed a bug where ArrowFall ability may cause game to crash
-Fixed a bug that may cause black screen
-Fixed a bug that may prevent spell cast
Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for updates!
https://twitter.com/babeltimeus
https://www.facebook.com/LegendsTowerDefense

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 116.2MB

11-01-2016, 02:48 PM
This looks nice, but how does the monetization work?

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

11-01-2016, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
This looks nice, but how does the monetization work?
Thanks! It's free to play with gems as the only type of in-game currency. You can earn gems by beating levels, collecting hourly rewards, or playing the endless challenge level. You can use gems to purchase heroes, premium spells to use in battle, or energy to get through the levels quicker. The game can be played and enjoyed without making any IAP, but if you want to unlock the content quicker then gems are available for purchase in the in-game store.
11-01-2016, 03:18 PM
It actually looks very very good! I was able to start up the tutorial without Internet (after initial data download) which is what I normally check for in my f2p games. Can you confirm if the whole game is offline? I guess aside from your daily events.

I'm a huge premium TD fan and love games like Kingdom Rush. So if you have a game that is completely offline playable with fair IAP / game progress, I'll gladly put some money into it

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
11-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
It actually looks very very good! I was able to start up the tutorial without Internet (after initial data download) which is what I normally check for in my f2p games. Can you confirm if the whole game is offline? I guess aside from your daily events.

I'm a huge premium TD fan and love games like Kingdom Rush. So if you have a game that is completely offline playable with fair IAP / game progress, I'll gladly put some money into it
Thank you! You can play the game offline, but have to be online to make IAP and to receive updates for the game. We currently don't have any premium TD titles, but we put a lot of work into this game to try to make it as fair and fun as possible. Hope you enjoy it!
11-01-2016, 04:42 PM
This is a great TD game. Very similar to kingdom rush, which for me is not a bad thing.

Could you possibly add an IAP to remove the timers for entering stages?

I'm also not a fan of unlocking new levels by having to invite facebook friends.
11-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
This is a great TD game. Very similar to kingdom rush, which for me is not a bad thing.

Could you possibly add an IAP to remove the timers for entering stages?

I'm also not a fan of unlocking new levels by having to invite facebook friends.
Thanks! We're already working on adding in the IAP to remove the energy timer, so look for that in our upcoming update!
11-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeltimeUS View Post
Thanks! We're already working on adding in the IAP to remove the energy timer, so look for that in our upcoming update!
That would make it much more appealing to me as well.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
11-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Having plenty of Kingdom Rush iterations, Tower Dwellers and Galaxy Dwellers left to explore, are there mechanical reasons to invest into Legends TD instead?

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
11-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Having plenty of Kingdom Rush iterations, Tower Dwellers and Galaxy Dwellers left to explore, are there mechanical reasons to invest into Legends TD instead?
That's an awesome question! We've put a lot of time into our game creating beautiful sceneries and fun characters with entertaining animations(check out the Slime Blob!). We tried to create levels that would provide great challenges by encouraging players to make clever tower choices and take advantage of multiple heroes and their abilities. We focused on making shorter levels as well for busy gamers that still pack in a hugely fun experience with potentially hundreds of enemies appearing and exploding all over the map. There's a lot of content to discover and play through with even more to come, so it's our hope to provide fans of tower defense with a lot of what they love.

We want to stay active with our community too, so any questions or suggestion on improvements are always welcome!