★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Addictive I cannot put it down.
I cant stop playing!
Awesome game, really entertaining!
One of the best on the market right now

Check out other reviews and dont miss this amazing game!

REVIEWS:
We played it. It's hot. GeekPreview (5/5)
...by far the funnest Dice game Ive played - A******-Apps.com
A Game with both skill...and luck. HTCYou: App of the Day

FEATURES:
Full High Resolution Graphics
Addictive Dice Roll Style Gameplay
Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
OpenFeint Leaderboards and Achievements
In-Game Tutorials
Easy to Learn but Hard to Master
UNIQUE and ORIGINAL Gameplay

WHATS YOUR STRATEGY?
Collect three fire trucks as quickly as possible?
Go straight for seven dice?
Gratuitous use of the Helicopter?
Save more citizens for bonus points?

Sick and tired of Angry Birds? Similar to Yahtzee, by Milton Bradley and Hasbro, the object of the game is to score the most points by strategically using your resources gained by rolling 4 (and up to 7) dice to make combinations that help out the town. Fire and Dice is also similar to Balut, Kismet, Farkle, and Yamb (or Jamb). How far up the leader board can you get in this unique game of chance and skill?

If you email us about problems instead of bad rating, we will send you a Sky Parlor Studios Pin FREE! Email us here - sps@skyparlorstudios.com

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING INDIE GAME DEVELOPERS!

LordGek's comments:
This is a fun game that takes the basic gameplay elements of something like Farkle and turns it into a tactical strategy game in which you try to fight off a city catching completely on fire for as long as possible (and thus getting a better score than your friends on OF)!

Below is the FREE version (full game but with ads). You can also pay $1.99 for the full game minus adds in a separate download or with this one via a $1.99 IAP.

No clue why the description is not showing up here as it gives you an even better picture of what this game is about.

02-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks!

Thank you for posting our game! I am the producer for Fire and Dice. We've put a lot of love into the game and hope you all enjoy it. If anyone would like a promo code, let me know!

sps AT skyparlorstudios DOT com

02-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParlorJames View Post
Thank you for posting our game! I am the producer for Fire and Dice. We've put a lot of love into the game and hope you all enjoy it. If anyone would like a promo code, let me know!

sps AT skyparlorstudios DOT com
Oh, question for ya! The Helicopter dice are a real life-saver BUT it might be nice if the number of helis needed was covered in the instructions somewhere. I know this is explained the one time they're first introduced in the game but if you miss it or comeback later to a game in progress, it might be nice to have that bit written down somewhere. Oh, for that matter, how much water does the helicopter rain down on each city block?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Picked it up and played it through a quick game. I like the premise of it and can see that there is a lot of strategy to it all. But two things...

I think the tutorial could have been a little better thought out. It took me a few rounds to finally feel like I had it, and then a few more to "actually" have it. Some of it was filling in the blanks.

Some of that could have been the problem of the tiny font. You don't have to put everything on one page. Make it a little easier to see and we won't give up on reading it.

The same thing can be said about the numbers. It's very hard to make out the number of waters still needed to fight a fire or the amount of resources you have.

As for things that might be fun to add... What about a wild die to pick the item you'd most want? Or it would also be good to roll a "storage" type items that allows you to store one of your resources for an extra turn.

Just some food for thought. Fun game.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
02-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
As for things that might be fun to add... What about a wild die to pick the item you'd most want? Or it would also be good to roll a "storage" type items that allows you to store one of your resources for an extra turn.

Just some food for thought. Fun game.
Decent ideas although, if they enacted any it sure would make the hard won earning of keys pretty inconsequential (I'd take a stored die of whatever I want over 1 die re-rolled any day).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Game Impressions

This is a very interesting strategy game. What I enjoy about it is that the rules are quite simple, but never the less, each turn requires both tactical and strategic thinking. I have played a handful of games and each of them lasts around 15 to 20 complete turns before my city is consumed by fire - equaling perhaps 10 minutes or so per game. For me that is a very nice quick session length, but hopefully as I improve they will get a bit longer. The game presentation is good and clear and the tutorial was adequate.

As has already been pointed out here, the documentation screens could include details about the helicopters. They are difficult to obtain (I believe it require 4 helicopters dies in a single turn), so it would be nice to know the payoff in advance (I have yet to get one and lament wasting resources the few times I have tried and failed).

My only other complaint is quite minor. The game nicely supports selecting either Open Feint or Game Center for leader boards and acheivements. Even if you choose Game Center, it still shows Open Feint messages at the bottom of the main screen.

Anybody who likes smart strategy games should definitely check Fire and Dice out. If you are unsure, try the free version first.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Helicopters require 5 dies. I don't know how much water it dumps, but it is at least several units per location. I am finding that once I accumulate extra die, it is a good strategy to try for it when much of the city is burning. Particularly if you get helicopters on the first roll. I continue to really enjoy this game. Of course, getting helicopters helps :-). I got it two turns in a row and my city is pretty much fire free and I have 3 trucks rolling around. High score, here we come...

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Oh, question for ya! The Helicopter dice are a real life-saver BUT it might be nice if the number of helis needed was covered in the instructions somewhere. I know this is explained the one time they're first introduced in the game but if you miss it or comeback later to a game in progress, it might be nice to have that bit written down somewhere. Oh, for that matter, how much water does the helicopter rain down on each city block?
Sorry for the late reply! Basically, the helicopter pop up should arise every time you unlock Helicopters, each game. If it doesn't, that is a bug.

Also, the Helicopter (5 Helicopter Dice locked) will add 5 water to a fire. If it is a small fire, it will be completely extinguished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit
I think the tutorial could have been a little better thought out. It took me a few rounds to finally feel like I had it, and then a few more to "actually" have it. Some of it was filling in the blanks.

Some of that could have been the problem of the tiny font. You don't have to put everything on one page. Make it a little easier to see and we won't give up on reading it.

The same thing can be said about the numbers. It's very hard to make out the number of waters still needed to fight a fire or the amount of resources you have.

All really good ides here! We've been struggling with our 2D/Text items because of some really weird Unity (the game engine) issues. The idea of a storage die is great, but it causes some really bad balancing issues. Right now, in the studio, we can get to over a hundred rounds. This is almost an hour of one game. Making it easier to survive would have players running out their entire batter for one game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7
I continue to really enjoy this game. Of course, getting helicopters helps :-). I got it two turns in a row and my city is pretty much fire free and I have 3 trucks rolling around. High score, here we come...
Glad you are enjoying it. Play times can get to 45+ minutes when you really get the strategy down that you like. I've already been bumped off the leaderboard on Game Center.