★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: TyneSoft Ltd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 41.6 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Its down to you to protect the world of Spud. Ninjas are on the loose and only you can stop them. You need to perfect your aiming and firing skills to prevent those pesky ninjas from taking over.

A beautiful physics based puzzler, with amazing artwork and sound effects.

A very simple concept...... Point > Aim > Fire

SPUD GUN ATTACK MAIN FEATURES:

+ Game Center Support. Leaderboards and Achievements.
+ Beautiful Retina Display Graphics
+ Different Gameplay Difficulty Settings
+ Hours of Fun Gameplay

BE WARNED!!! Parts of this game will frustrate you, test you and push you to your limit. Have you got the skill to destroy those annoying ninjas?

Have you got what is takes?

Good Luck.

-----------------------------

Follow us online - twitter.com/playspud & facebook.com/playspud

phil_'s comments:

I'm very proud to announce my new iPhone app, Spud Gun Attack. I have been working on this game for about a year now. I was inspired to begin working on this fun little adventure game by my 7 year old son, because at the time he was really getting into computer games like we all did at that age, but then he actually started getting more interested in the design and development of games and how they worked. He started drawing level designs and explained how he wanted it to work, and as a very proud father i decided to just go for it and create this new game. A lot of hard work later and here it is. Hopefully you guys check it out and hopefully you enjoy it like we do.

Game Description

Its down to you to protect the world of Spud. Ninjas are on the loose and only you can stop them. You need to perfect your aiming and firing skills to prevent those pesky ninjas from taking over.

A beautiful physics based puzzler, with amazing artwork and sound effects.

A very simple concept...... Point > Aim > Fire

SPUD GUN ATTACK MAIN FEATURES:

+ Game Center Leaderboard and Achievements
+ Beautiful Retina Display Graphics
+ Different Gameplay Difficulty Settings
+ Hours of Fun Gameplay

BE WARNED!!! Parts of this game will frustrate you, test you and push you to your limit. Have you got the skill to destroy those annoying ninjas?

Have you got what is takes?

Good Luck.

Game Trailer

App Price & Download Links

US$0.99 / 0.69 / 0,79 €

Please check your own local app stores for different currencies around the world.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spud-gun-attack/id489341947?ls=1&mt=8
02-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Game Impressions

Picked up, and here are my thoughts:
Game is similar to Fragger and Grenade Warrior, toss explosives to kill the enemies. The control and premise is the same. What is nice is the explosion animation, looks like digitally added for extra "boom" effect, nice.
Puzzle elements are tough, it seems that the "spud" bounces as it should unlike grenades, thus adding more fine tuning on your aim and power.
Now the downside, no Game Center or any Open Feint support, hopefully this will be added later. When pressing "retry" a question will ask if you really want to retry, this will get very annoying when you need to keep retrying later levels.
Overall a solid physics based puzzler that is similar to Fragger and GW. If you are looking for a similar game to add to your collection, then look no further, this is your game.
Oh, there are IAP's (5-level skips, Unlimited Spuds, and Unlock All Levels) but not necessary to completing the game, only if you are impatient and don't want to use your noggin too much.

02-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for that sugimulm.

I am working on integrating Game Center and i am looking at getting that included in the next update.

Spud Gun Attack - Physics Puzzler - Available in The App Store Now
02-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I've had several messages asking about Game Center in the game.

I am working on version 1.1 right now, and Game Center will be integrated into that update.

Any other feature requests will be much appreciated.

Last edited by phil_; 02-09-2012 at 06:09 PM.
02-10-2012, 08:49 PM
nice and cool games. it's good..
02-11-2012, 05:33 AM
I had played only a few stages.

Basically this game plays like Fragger with simpler graphics, where player aim and launch the exploding grenade to kill off ninja enemies. It does offer different gameplay element such as having the grenade bounce from the bouncing platform to reach the enemies.

Anyway, it's a little nice casual game
02-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Its very much appreciated.

A new update is very close to being submitted to Apple early next week.

02-11-2012, 02:13 PM
I like to thank the developer, this is a great game. I find myself constantly playing it and hope other find the same enjoyment as I do.
02-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocracy View Post
I like to thank the developer, this is a great game. I find myself constantly playing it and hope other find the same enjoyment as I do.
Thanks for the comments. Glad you enjoy the game.

02-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Just download the game. It is addictive.