iPhone: Pocket God 1.43 - Killing Time

02-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Pocket God 1.43 - Killing Time

Hey Guys,

Here is our first update of the new year. we are going to try something special this year and do 8 updates that all revolve around the coming apocalypse.

This next update will introduce Apocalypse Island which includes a giant temple that will slowly unlock over the year. It's biggest feature is a giant clock / calendar that will slowly count down the time to December 21st 11:00pm 2012 which everyone knows, is when the world will end. Inside the temple are a series of chambers. this update focuses on the time chamber but we will be adding a new chamber for the next 7 updates and then the final update (which is actually our 50th pocket god update) will be the triggering of the actual Apocalypse.

For the Time Chamber, we give you the ability to control time for your Pygmies, you can retrieve a Pygmy from the past and he will show up as a baby pygmy, you can retrieve a pygmy from the future and he will be old with gray hair, or you can get a pygmy from two alternate time lines. The Ginger Pygmy is from a time when Pacific Islanders were telling us to not use black hair and brown skin characters, I thought it would be funny if we changed the whole game and made it so the Pygmies had red hair and fair skin because they would probably get bad sun burns from being on a tropical island. These pygmies are from that alternate future. We also introduced a fast pygmy that runs around quick and when you flick him, turns into a fireball.

I think the Ginger and Old Pygmies are my favorite, the old guy tried to walk back and forth but falls on his face and says "I've fallen and I can't get up" just like the old life alert tv commercials.

The skin pack for this update is based on the superbowl, we have a variety of football themed items. I'm actually not that big of a football fan, but I thought it would be good timing for this weekend.

Other than that, we continue to work on the runs, We are doing a lot of work on our level building tool so we can add giant levels, hopefully will be done with that today and get back into level design. we want to make sure the runs is really awesome before we release so we are taking our time with the level design.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by davecazz; 04-04-2012 at 08:26 PM.
04-03-2012, 12:07 PM
No, we don't miss any piece. You just forgot to add it. Sometimes happens. Also, thanks for pointing that clock bug out to Dave, before it's too late. Hopefully he will answer soon!

Last edited by drek95; 04-03-2012 at 12:14 PM.
04-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drek95 View Post
Last pieces of the puzzle on the blog! Obviously a dragonfly... Jazzzed, complete your masterpiece!!!
lol, don't want to mislead anyone, it's actually a locust. SOTI will probably be out tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
The photo of the clock I posted yesterday was taken when I changed the time and date on my ipod to December 21st at the appropriate time for the apocalypse. If the hands are supposed to be straight up and down, then the clock will have to be adjusted.

Here's the puzzle... I think we're still missing that last piece...
thanks for bringing this up, I will look at it, I thought it was all lined up.

04-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Dave, is the locust symbol placed on something? Also sorry for the dragonfly mistake. I'm sure that the actual locust will look way better!
04-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Dave, is the locust symbol placed on something? Also sorry for the dragonfly mistake. I'm sure that the actual locust will look way better!
you dont have anything to be sorry about, it's getting about the time where everyone will know what it is anyway and wanted to make sure people knew what it was.

the picture is the backwall of the chamber, just like the time symbol on the backwall of that chamber.
04-03-2012, 03:03 PM
But, why is it glowing? For what I remember the other big symbol isn't glowing.
04-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
But, why is it glowing? For what I remember the other big symbol isn't glowing.
different chambers will have different effects
04-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecazz View Post
different chambers will have different effects
Absolutely AWESOME answer. Just what I wanted to hear from you! Can't wait!!!
04-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Looks awesome!

So.. The update should be out tomorrow, right?

I am PygmyPalace on the Pocket God Forums
04-03-2012, 03:28 PM
This update is gonna rock!!!!!
What will the new skinpack contain? Easter?

Night of the living dead? Damn right it is! - John Gore
04-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.T. View Post
This update is gonna rock!!!!!
What will the new skinpack contain? Easter?
I believe it is a Nerd Pack...

We still don't know Episode 44's title..

I am PygmyPalace on the Pocket God Forums