★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Attention RPG fans! All Minoraxis RPGs go on sale this weekend!

For your convenience, here is the list.
- Exitium: Saviors of Vardonia
- Soul Tamer KiKi
- Fantastic Knight

Got stuck with finding the Magloo Trap Design?

Upon receiving the quest, "Finding the Children", the Magloo Trap Design is activated under the "Inven" menu. Tap the recipes and designs icon, then scroll down the list. The Magloo Trap Design is at the all the way bottom. Good luck with dealing with snakes!

A new, beautifully rendered action RPG from the makers of the highly acclaimed Exitium: Saviors of Vardonia. This cutely styled and wonderfully crafted RPG gives you the chance to utilize the powers of different creatures in your fight against a monstrous, re-awaking force of evil...

The land has been at peace for fourteen years, since the defeat and banishment of the Demon King. Young KiKis parents, who were among the group of legendary Heroes that went to face the Demon King, never returned. But the peace is becoming increasingly uneasy; creatures are beginning to terrorise peaceful townsfolk and villagers, and there are rumors of an ancient evil emerging in a distant land.

Join KiKi on her adventures to find her missing parents and defeat the emerging threat, and, in the process, become the Hero shes always wanted to be.

FEATURES
Acquire and tame the souls of creatures and use their powers!
Utilize the powers of the animals: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Wolf, Pig!
Take care of your tamed souls or they might leave you!
Make traps and bombs to aid your battles!
Ride your Landmate! Magical transportation!
Ranches allow you to breed animals! Passive and active skill to build!
Mine ore, gather herbs, raise animals and collect trees! Hire assistants to help you collect natural items.
Find NPCs that can help you on your quest! Cute and crazy characters will help or hinder your adventure!
Strange, wonderful and fearsome creatures and monsters to battle.
Cook your meals out in the field with ingredients you find on your travels!
Create, strengthen and customize your own weapons, tool, traps and bombs!
Fabricate newer and more powerful weapons and equipment!
Crush unwanted items and use the powder to make newer, more useful items!
Intensify to strengthen weapons and equipment you already have!
Teleport around using magic boxes!
Explore many, colorful, challenging landscapes! Cute and charming graphics and animations.
Fun and funny quests and side missions!
Massive amount of items in the online store.

rich1million's comments:
YouTube: video

02-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
This company always does great with the graphics. The question is, is the dialogue not stilted? Otherwise I would be okay with it.

02-02-2012, 07:50 AM

Smashing the Buy Button

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-02-2012 at 07:55 AM.
02-02-2012, 07:51 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Found the video on the Minoraxis website. Seems to be running in a testing/emulator environment. The framerate and tearing is awful, which I hope does reflect the final product.
I also noticed in the video that there is IAP for coins and other items.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
02-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
YouTube: video

Found the video on the Minoraxis website. Seems to be running in a testing/emulator environment. The framerate and tearing is awful, which I hope does reflect the final product.
I also noticed in the video that there is IAP for coins and other items.
wow... yeah, framerate looks HORRIBLE.

Sanuku... when you post up your vid (whenever you do...) could you comment on the framerate?
02-02-2012, 08:08 AM
An INSTABUY for me, as long as the 3GS is supported. But why not, on the other hand?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Game Impressions

Things to note for those considering to purchase:
  • The INVENTORY SLOTS provided are definitely not enough.
This game require lots of crafting for traps(spell) and gear. Hence require some hoarding of materials.. you will be force to manage the bag well. Or go for IAP..
  • Monster dont drop GOLD
Just got to keep selling the materials.
  • Only 3 main weapons 'Hammer, Claw or Bow'
Can be inter-change anytime. No class specific. You allocate skill points accordingly - towards your weapon choice. ( So far only 3 skills upgrade for each weapon, mainly improving dmg. No triple slash, multi rainshot, hammerquake kind of skills )
  • No SPELLS. Replace with TRAPS.
No fireball, whirlwind, shield spells. Instead you have to lay traps ( quite a variety ) and wait for monsters to 'touch' them. Upgrade skills to improve the traps.
  • Not a WEAPON LOOTING game.
No epic/unique coloured gear. Monster dont drop weapons. All is from crafting/buying from shop. Wearing the correct combination of gear gives off certain set bonus.
  • There is TRADE system and STORAGE ( 8 slots initial )
Do in game quest to expand storage slots. See attach pics.

There is in-game time day/night system. 1min real life = 1hr in game.

Currently lvl 18. Fairly easy to lvl up. I have not allocate a single skill point and is still manageable. Cleared 1st boss. This game is definitely different from their previous, Exitium. (KiKi is way easier and friendlier - maybe aim towards new RPG players? ) A new change for us to experience. Give it a try if you want something new.

OK! I admit. Exitium is way way better. This game is leaning towards the easy side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	storage1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	41234   Click image for larger version

Name:	storage2.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	542.8 KB
ID:	41235  

zipping over the cuckoo's nest

Last edited by dancingcat; 02-02-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: update info
02-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Geez, that video looks absolutely dire. Why on earth would anybody want to get this game? Because it has "RPG" in the title?
02-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
How's the translation, dancingcat? That's what I'm most concerned about. Their previous releases have looked great, but the dialogue is always completely terrible.
02-02-2012, 09:12 AM
So far so good. But skip through quite a few dialogues. Pretty wordy.

zipping over the cuckoo's nest