★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-26-2012, 04:31 PM
#71
Yah you're right... I'll quit being a douche and just delete the game...

But for shots n goggles... The leader board isn't being reset because of a glitch. It's being reset because I destroyed the game... Scoring higher than they thought possible... The only glitch was that the game didn't record my 1.7 million score correctly...

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
02-26-2012, 05:06 PM
#72
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Ponce, PR
Posts: 1,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
C'mon, are you serious? If people get insane scores because of some unintended glitch, once the glitch is fixed those old scores must be preserved?

I've seen games where they add all new leaderboards for each revision of their game and find it silly. Who, besides the folk listed maybe, give a crap about the top scores of some earlier version?

I'm not saying it is a good policy for a dev to reset the leaderboards with each update, but if scoring has significantly changed and those old scores are no longer relevant, why preserve them?
synth got to the number 1 spot but it wasn't cuz of a glitch...

i managed to get to the 700k mark but again my ipod began stuttering and that's when everything went trough a hole... and i didnt glitch anything either

altough i gave just a few tried to the leaderboards, and i got to second, i don;t mind the deletion of the scores IF scoring mechanics change... but Synth made it past the limit... that (i think) made the game boring for him... but also knowing ur scores as the number 1 will be deleted, does sting...


capping a leaderboard when tehre are players that will go over the limit, and deleteing it constantly does piss ppl off...


i will keep the game on my ipad now, but i doubt that i'll try for leaderboards... that is unless synth quits :O in which case i know i'll be bale to get #1 spot xD

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB

02-26-2012, 05:34 PM
#73
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
synth got to the number 1 spot but it wasn't cuz of a glitch...

i managed to get to the 700k mark but again my ipod began stuttering and that's when everything went trough a hole... and i didnt glitch anything either

altough i gave just a few tried to the leaderboards, and i got to second, i don;t mind the deletion of the scores IF scoring mechanics change... but Synth made it past the limit... that (i think) made the game boring for him... but also knowing ur scores as the number 1 will be deleted, does sting...


capping a leaderboard when tehre are players that will go over the limit, and deleteing it constantly does piss ppl off...


i will keep the game on my ipad now, but i doubt that i'll try for leaderboards... that is unless synth quits :O in which case i know i'll be bale to get #1 spot xD
Those scores made with v1.0 WERE do in large part to a glitch in the game. Sure you guys were not intentionally exploiting anything but there was a glitch there.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-26-2012, 05:44 PM
#74
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Games View Post
Other random musings:
I'm assuming on the 700k+ score, you're using Void Pulse. And it's... well. A little broken right now. So, best of luck when we fix that in 1.2
So, Synthetic, could you still score 977k post v1.2?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-26-2012, 05:47 PM
#75
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Games View Post
We're actually going to be resetting the boards and local best score in the future any time we make changes to scoring or balance on the experiments. With 1.3, we're lowering the base points received by detonating matter from 2 to 1, and criticals from 4 to 2. So we'll be resetting the leaderboards then.

Priority on 1.3 right now is fixing a crash related to Game Center. If you're authenticated and then lose your network connection, when a score submission happens, it crashes. I don't know if it's a problem with the GameKit framework or just the implementation in the game engine. I've got a "fix" ready to go that will stop score submissions when the network goes down, but I want to make sure it's not just a bad engine implementation first.
Wait, so you guys CAN'T reset GC scores? If this is the case, yeah for you Syntheticvoid, your highscore will be locked in there forever.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-26-2012, 06:24 PM
#76
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Ponce, PR
Posts: 1,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Those scores made with v1.0 WERE do in large part to a glitch in the game. Sure you guys were not intentionally exploiting anything but there was a glitch there.
i don't even know what the glitch is... let alone exploit it....



and why you so hell bent on proving that our scores are glitched?...

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
02-26-2012, 11:15 PM
#77
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
i don't even know what the glitch is... let alone exploit it....



and why you so hell bent on proving that our scores are glitched?...
Again, I'm not accusing you guys of cheating, the v1.0 scoring was BROKEN somewhat. Again, my simple question, what was your top score since v1.2? If far better than your v1.0 scores I have no point to my argument.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-27-2012, 02:32 AM
#78
Yeah, I hit 900k in the car last night, and I'm not even using any experiments ATM... So bring it... Whatever, doesnt matter... I'll just wreck the leader board anyway...

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
02-27-2012, 09:03 AM
#79
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Yeah, I hit 900k in the car last night, and I'm not even using any experiments ATM... So bring it... Whatever, doesnt matter... I'll just wreck the leader board anyway...
Okay, so it didn't matter and you are a game wrecker! Point well made.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-27-2012, 08:19 PM
#80
The leaderboards weren't actually reset. Despite what is said in the leaderboard management, changing the maximum score limit doesn't permanently delete scores, meaning in order to do it, we'd have to actually go through whatever bullshit process Apple has for wiping them.

Considering we just cut the base points in half it's a pretty justifiable procedure. But it's not going to happen at this juncture because it would impact people playing on the current version.

For future reference, whenever you have problems / concerns / whatever with any app or game, please take the time to try contacting the author before bitching on the app store reviews. We don't get any way to respond directly to reviews or any kind of contact information. And we aren't all unreachable faceless corporations.