★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dance Dance Revolution Shake unlockbles

05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Dance Dance Revolution Shake unlockables

Did anyone manage to unlock all or most of the characters and songs in DDR-S? It seems there is no pattern to unlocking, as sometimes I would unlock a character or song by getting just a C on a song, or simply trying the song multiple times in a row. The character Baby Lon was unlocked after trying the same song three times in a row and getting the same score three times in a row (^-^). I haven't figured out how the course mode works either, as I got a 250+ combo (arching over multiple songs) and my final rating was C?? Also I'm not really sure what the Shake Mode is about as there is only one song, and no rewards for completing it, but I don't really care about that mode.

Last edited by Aurora; 05-11-2009 at 12:31 PM.
05-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Isn't shake mode just the option to shake your iphone in different directions rather than tapping them? Sorry if I'm obviously wrong, I don't even have it yet but will be getting it pertty soon.

I'm actually more interested in just kicking back and watching the characters dance than getting high scores on difficult levels. Is there any option for that sort of thing? I've seen some youtube vids showing just the dancers for different DDR versions. Also, does this come with different costumes for all the characters?
05-15-2009, 12:54 PM
In the console DDR games, there's usually two ways to unlock stuff: by doing something, or by just playing. If you just play enough songs it'll unlock something, assuming you haven't already unlocked it by doing the action for that item. So that's probably what you are seeing with your unlocks, just unlocking them by playing a certain number of songs.
12-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I just wanted to pop in and say that this is officially my favorite music game (referring to DDR S+)

The music store offers over 50 songs to add in the game (each song containing 4 difficulties in standard and 2 difficulties in shake mode).

The game play is great and the songs are awesome awesome awesome!

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius