App description: Food Fight iOS makes mobile gaming tasty!

In Food Fight iOS players recruit fighting entrees and side dishes to build a battling meal for the ultimate food fight. Choose delicious and deadly entrees that will devour the competition; enlist Major Weiner and Private Pancake to team up with Mean Burrito, fortify your troops with side dishes and condiments and prepare to do battle; but beware! That sound you hear might be the Dog! And the Dog is always hungry...

Food Fight iOS brings the original card game to life and featuring the originals Draft mechanic. Food Fight iOS also presents a quicker Boot Camp mode and an innovative, iOS specific, Campaign Mode. Play against others online or via hot-seat, or against the AI in offline mode.

The epic Campaign Mode lets you battle across the land, defeating the Snack King Mascots in order to build your ultimate End Game Army. Your End Game Army had better be delicious, as youll soon face the dreaded Disposalor in the Under Whirled in the final battles for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Play Offline
1-4 players
Hot-seat versus 1-3 others
Versus 1-3 AI players
Campaign Mode

Play Online
2-4 players
Asynchronous play
Find and create online games
Player Profile to track your record

Features
Instructional tutorial
Maintain and save multiple games
Boot Camp and Draft Modes
Game Center achievements in offline (non-campaign) mode

Find us on Facebook and Twitter.

Also by Playdek
Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs Evil; Fluxx; Cant Stop; Summoner Wars; Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer; Nightfall

Tango's comments:

Game looks pretty good! Based on existing card game that is favorably reviewed. It is by the same guys that released Ascension.

It has Universal support, online, offline, asynchronous, AI, stat tracking, achievements and a tutorial. Can't wait to try it out!

Warning: Searching for the game on iTunes directly does not list this particular game. There is an existing game called Food Fight™ that is NOT this game. Recommend following the link directly.
02-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Ka-ching! Instabuy.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

02-03-2012, 08:10 PM
This looks fun, but I'm yet to try one of these card games that manages to really hook me. Anything different about this one besides the art/setting?
02-03-2012, 08:18 PM
i saw this being played when i went to PAX. it looks seriously fun! though i wonder how good it'd be on an ipod... i might give it a go anyways just because the art is freakin hilariously awesome
02-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Ka-ching! Instabuy.
exactly I have been waiting for this for a long time.
02-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
This looks fun, but I'm yet to try one of these card games that manages to really hook me. Anything different about this one besides the art/setting?
If the other iOS card games haven't really hooked you, I doubt this one will. It's fun, but nothing genre-defining. The art is quite nice, but I'm not sure that'll justify the cost if other card games haven't really benn your cup of tea. FWIW, it's nothing at all like Ascention. It's a much more casual "traditional" type card game.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
If the other iOS card games haven't really hooked you, I doubt this one will. It's fun, but nothing genre-defining. The art is quite nice, but I'm not sure that'll justify the cost if other card games haven't really benn your cup of tea. FWIW, it's nothing at all like Ascention. It's a much more casual "traditional" type card game.
Hmm. Thanks. The art is what attracts me most here, but yes, I think it's safe for me to say by now, this isn't my genre. Do have a feeling I'll end up picking it up though, for curiosity's sake.
02-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Holy guacamole! I'm prolly gonna pick this up. I too am not a huge fan of card games, but ughh, I love the art style. It reminds me of my Garbage Pail Kids cards, which is a very,VERY good thing.

I've always been a card collector but not really a player. I think that truly changes tonight!

*lol I still say pick this up instead of download.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Any impressions? I'd like to know about the tutorial specifically
02-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Any impressions? I'd like to know about the tutorial specifically
The tutorial is fine. I'd never played the game before and felt ready to play after the tutorial. The rules aren't too convoluted IMO.