★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kumo Lumo Breaks Cover

02-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Kumo Lumo Breaks Cover

Hello,

We are a renegade band of developers working on a new game project. It is a bit of a high risk venture for us, and you can read all about our exciting adventures at www.kumolumo.com

Your support means a lot to us all. We really want to share our experiences with the community, so if you have any burning questions just let us know.
02-04-2012, 03:10 PM
why did't you put the game information in the description. some screen shot would be fine

02-04-2012, 06:37 PM
screenshots

Good question.

We are trying to make a quality game in just 6 weeks. We are only 10 in days so don't have much to show just yet. I'll get some of our concept art up soon, and aim to get some screen shots up here in the next few days.

Thanks for your interest, and I will be sure to post all news here first ;-)
02-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Concept Art

As promised here are some of our pieces of concept art for the game.

The first is a zoomed out version of the play area:

The next is the main game view:

You play Lumo the cloud in this a whimsical casual game full of surreal fun. Would love to hear what you think. If you have any questions post 'em up.

Will hopefully have some live screen shots in a few days time.

PS Added a directors cut of our dev diary just for you: http://bit.ly/xPXFAD

Last edited by SteveLumo; 02-06-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Added extra link
02-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Man, I'm eagerly awaiting this game. I check you guys' dev blog everyday to see if there's new content.

I've become absolutely obsessed with surrealism ever since I started watching Adventure Time.

I think your site might be down. edit: Nope, I had a cookie overload.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 02-06-2012 at 05:56 PM.
02-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks for you lovely comments. We are super excited about the game too.

We are trying to add something new to the blog everyday. Hopefully we are only a couple of days away from getting the game running. Will post some screen shots as soon as we can.
02-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLumo View Post
Thanks for you lovely comments. We are super excited about the game too.

We are trying to add something new to the blog everyday. Hopefully we are only a couple of days away from getting the game running. Will post some screen shots as soon as we can.
Awesome! I'll be sure to check it everyday. It kinda sucks that you guys disabled comments but oh well. I'll just post here (and I guess twitter); should help garner some traffic for you guys.

This is going to be a long 6 weeks.

*I have to agree about the sticker design. It definitely seems to work better for gaming, but the bottom picture from Feb. 3 looks so awesome.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Awesome! I'll be sure to check it everyday. It kinda sucks that you guys disabled comments but oh well. I'll just post here (and I guess twitter); should help garner some traffic for you guys.

This is going to be a long 6 weeks.

*I have to agree about the sticker design. It definitely seems to work better for gaming, but the bottom picture from Feb. 3 looks so awesome.
Thanks Again,

You should find comments are enabled, you just click on the faint grey speech bubble next to a topics heading - admittedly it is a bit hard to see. Any problems just let me know.

If the next few weeks go by as fast as the last two the game will be out before you know it ;-) (as long as we don't get found out first)...
02-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Screenshots

So as promised, here are some screenshots from the game. This is the first time everything has been up and running (but things are clearly rough around the edges). However, we are really excited by the way things are shaping up.

We love our game already, and hope you will too :-)

Last edited by SteveLumo; 02-09-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Update image
02-28-2012, 09:43 AM
We <3 Hookshot

The lovely people at Hookshot have just featured our game:

http://www.hookshotinc.com/feature-k...t-game-gamble/

We are very happy :-)

The game development is also going well. We will be looking for play testers very soon, so watch this space.

Steve