Online games with friends

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kev, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Kev

Kev New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Morning All,

Friend of mine got an Ipad 2 yesterday but is housebound.

Can anyone recommend some good games that I can play online with him that aren't FPS? A few of us have Ipad 2's so thought it would be a good way to interact with him and keep occupied as there will always be one or two of us online who will play a game with him.

He's a big poker and board game fan.

Thanks for taking the time to read the post!

Kev

2. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Loads of online games out there, loads I probably don't know about.
    Depends what you are looking for:

Order and Chaos Online is basically WOW for iOS, good for a long time play session and is more social than the others due to chat options and mostly coop play.
    Racing you can have death rally, sonic racing, real racing 2, asphalt 6, reckless racing 2
    Street Fighter 4 volt is online and pretty cool.
    For football/soccer try first touch soccer or dream league (bascially the same game, and fifa isnt online).
    Shooters that aren't FPS could be top down games like bullet time (coop and competetive) and deadlock online, or 3rd person like star warfare or the soon to be upgraded desert zombie (not online yet, but coop will b here soon)

Then theres a load of asynchronous stuff like hero academy or ravenmark, not really got into it but theres a whole thread on it somewhere

What other genres you looking for, I'll see what else I can think of, but those are the online games I have. Wouldn't know about poker or board games, but i think one of the monopoly games is online.

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh... No FPS, eh? Well, I'm still gonna suggest - get Modern Combat 3! :D

But anyway, Charadium II and Disc Drivin' are one of my fav games that I can play with friends.

4. Kev

Kev New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Thanks for the replys!

He's wheelchair bound now and only has limited use of his hand's hence why FPS are out.

We were trying to find a good Poker game to play online but WSOP seems to no longer work online.

Thanks again!

5. nicolasgb

nicolasgb Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Co-founder at HereWeGames : http://www.facebook.co
    Paris, France
    Well if your friend likes board games there's always Words With Friends and Scramble With Friends.
    The first is one is basically Scrabble and the 2nd one Boggle.

Also Hero Academy of course !

6. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #6 Darth Ronfar, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    Ice rage - it's one of the few games I think would be way more fun playing with someone else...

Multipong? Not sure if thats the name but it's suppose to be a good same device multiplayer game

For poker I think clickgamer made a game where u play from the iPad or something I'm not sure, Zynga is the best online one ImO. But same device poker I dunno

I assume games like checkers and chess and all would be fun

Maybe board games, ticket to ride, Carcosone,

I know there's alot more but I can't think of any ATM... If I find something esP good I'll let u know

EDIT - nvm I thought u said same device.... For online some of what I mentioned above is but some are only same device

Anyways heres a small lost I made....

Reckless racing 2
    Real Racing 2
    Street fighter 4 volt
    Flight Control
    Finger shot RPG
    Mini-gore
    Slide soccer
    Dicc driving
    Draw race 2
    Fruit ninja
    pixel fighters