★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: VR Mission - by Sphinx Entertainment - (stealth action genre)

02-05-2012, 04:05 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
VR-Mission - by Sphinx Entertainment - (stealth action genre)

I found these 2 versions of VR-Mission on AppShopper yesterday evening:

http://appshopper.com/link/vr-mission
(iPhone version) - $1.99 / 1.59

http://appshopper.com/link/vr-mission-hd
(universal version) - $2.99 / 2.39

Strange that I hasn't popped up anywhere else yet.

I might give it a try, looks pretty good.

On another note, the name reminds me of Metal Gear Solid: VR Mission.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-05-2012 at 04:38 AM.
02-05-2012, 04:36 AM

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-07-2012 at 12:39 AM.

02-05-2012, 04:39 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Thanks, Sanuku.
I am on my iPhone now and couldn't extract the direct AppStore links.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-05-2012, 06:44 AM
If the controls are tight, and the detection is accurate, this could be pretty good.
02-05-2012, 07:43 AM
MGS clone
02-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
right on... Sphinx Entertainment has some really nice games... Carrot War was great and Bouncy Penguin is a nice casual distance game...

Gonna have to check this one out. =oD
02-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekon View Post
MGS clone
It's more than just a clone. I'm pretty sure Konami would have no problems convincing a court that the character likeness is of Solid Snake. It's pretty blatant creative theft. Some of these dudes like to hide behind the notion of "homage," but it's wearing thin at this point. Wouldn't give this developer my money.
02-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I'm enjoying it so far...

kind of set up like Doughnut's Games... giving you short missions with 3 'objectives' to get... only 15 stages... with 'coming soon' written next to Stage 16.

The controls work well enough... 4 directional movement, 1 hit kills...

I think it's more like SpyMouse with an MGS type theme... then again, I've never personally played MGS VR Missions... only watched friends for a couple minutes... so I don't know if they have missions and objectives... wouldn't doubt it... but from the opinion of someone who basically only plays iOS games... it's a lot like SpyMouse.

collect data, avoid or kill bad guys, make it to the exit as quick as you can.

_________

there's also a shop... you earn $$ by completing the objectives for each of the missions, and then can buy bullets, a silencer, telescope, armor, oxygen mask, power shoes, and more...

I'm only on the 5th mission while typing this... so I'm not too sure what the oxygen mask or other things are used for... but it sounds interesting... =o/

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 02-05-2012 at 09:17 AM.
02-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
It's more than just a clone. I'm pretty sure Konami would have no problems convincing a court that the character likeness is of Solid Snake. It's pretty blatant creative theft. Some of these dudes like to hide behind the notion of "homage," but it's wearing thin at this point. Wouldn't give this developer my money.
Considering that Kojima originally "borrowed" the design of Solid Snake from a publicity still of Michael Biehn from the Terminator (and the name from Kurt Russell's character in Escape from New York), I don't know if I would get all that righteous with this developer.

As to the gameplay, it only bears a general resemblance to Metal Gear Solid. As syntheticvoid noted, it's more like a directly-controlled Spy Mouse than an action/stealth title.
02-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Considering that Kojima originally "borrowed" the design of Solid Snake from a publicity still of Michael Biehn from the Terminator (and the name from Kurt Russell's character in Escape from New York), I don't know if I would get all that righteous with this developer.

As to the gameplay, it only bears a general resemblance to Metal Gear Solid. As syntheticvoid noted, it's more like a directly-controlled Spy Mouse than an action/stealth title.
originality doesn't really exist...

every concept is based on something else...

I even found out a few days ago that the movie Inception was inspired by a Scrooge Mcduck comic... Although inspired might be too nice....

In any case i was waiting for some impressions on this game.... but seeing the name "Spy Mouse" is really putting me off... that game bored me to death -_- I LOVE the Metal Gear Series though, so this game is still on my radar

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB