★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "It's just freaking addictive!" - WDAF 4 KC

My new go-to casual gaming experience! Adorable, visually pleasing game. - Revision 3

Simple and satisfying! Maybe dragging bees into other enemies is more radical than I first thought... - Joystiq

The adorableness of Sticky Bees hides a tough but fair difficulty curve and a smattering of strategy. - Pocket Gamer

It has you bashing bugs with bees to bopping background beats. Fun! - App Advice

Fast paced with tons of action. When they say Tons of enemies, in the description, they arent kidding. - Smartphone App Review

Fresh, addictive and fun for everyone Sticky Bees is here!

The Hummingbird King is wreaking havoc in the bee kingdom and its time for King Bee and his Sticky Bees to fight back!

Slide your way through waves of bugs while gathering a longer and longer chain of Sticky Bees to increase your score! Only the King Bee is strong enough to destroy those bugs dont let them touch the Sticky Bees!

Sticky Bees is unlike any game youve ever played before. The all-ages action is filled with 8 gorgeous levels, enemies, bosses, fun power-ups and simple touch controls. Play on a quick break or play for hours and complete missions, achievements or go for bragging rights on the leaderboards!

Highlights:
- Fresh, fast and easy to play
- Youre making music when you squash those bugs
- Tons of enemies on screen
- 8 beautiful levels, bosses and bugs
- Leaderboards
- Achievements
- Full Retina graphics support
- Gamecenter support
- Fun power-ups including: Invincibility, Pollen, Freeze and Boom!

fourfire's comments:

Fresh, addictive and fun for everyone Sticky Bees is here!

The Hummingbird King is wreaking havoc in the bee kingdom and its time for King Bee and his Sticky Bees to fight back!

Slide your way through waves of bugs while gathering a longer and longer chain of Sticky Bees to increase your score! Only the King Bee is strong enough to destroy those bugs dont let them touch the Sticky Bees!

Sticky Bees is unlike any game youve ever played before. The all-ages action is filled with 8 gorgeous levels, enemies, bosses, fun power-ups and simple touch controls. Play on a quick break or play for hours and complete missions, achievements or go for bragging rights on the leaderboards!

Highlights:
- Fresh, fast and easy to play
- Youre making music when you squash those bugs
- Tons of enemies on screen
- 8 beautiful levels, bosses and bugs
- Leaderboards
- Achievements
- Full Retina graphics support
- Gamecenter support
- Fun power-ups including: Invincibility, Pollen, Freeze and Boom!
02-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Looks like a cute adaptation of the traditional Snake game, and you've got me curious now. How long are the levels, and do you intend to add more content in updates?

02-07-2012, 01:06 AM
This looks REALLY good. If, like AnarKitty said, this is a variant of Snake, it'll be filling a void that's been missing from my iPhone since I deleted Hard Lines after they implemented that $80 IAP. Bought.

Come to think of it, it reminds me a lot of Silverfish. That can only mean good thin...oh nevermind, download's finished...off to play.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 02-07-2012 at 01:13 AM.
02-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Game Impressions

The game is "just ok." You should be able to control with relative touch; not only by putting a finger directly onto your character.

The way this game attempts to push IAP on you though, is insulting and unacceptable. Deleted and one-starred.
02-07-2012, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
The game is "just ok." You should be able to control with relative touch; not only by putting a finger directly onto your character.

The way this game attempts to push IAP on you though, is insulting and unacceptable. Deleted and one-starred.
I saw you online when I was posting and I was hoping you wouldn't have checked this out before I posting something new. :/

Yeah, agreed 100%. My previous post should be completely disregarded...this has absolutely nothing to do with Silverfish or Snake and after a 10 mins of playing, it feels like I've been lifting dumbbells for the last 3 hours. Obviously didn't rate it, but deleted for sure. Sad.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Hey AnarKitty. You bet we have more content ahead! We like to think it's a mashup of Space Invaders and Snake, but it feels entirely different.

Gabrien and metalcasket- Sorry you think it sux. I'm not sure how you feel the IAP are forced on you at all. You can play the entire game as intended without buying anything. No intrusive ads, the arsenal is completely separate, etc. You can unlock all the levels just by beating the previous one.

But to each his own! Sorry it was such a downer for you. We worked hard to create something different - but we know we can't please everyone. I get that. I used to be a game critic.
02-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Looks good but a gameplay video is needed here