★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Beauty Run ~ Currently Free!

02-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Beauty Run ~ Currently Free!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
02-07-2012, 12:42 PM
does this play similarly to monster dash?

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!

02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Great! another runner... Will download as soon as im done with work.
02-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Fun arcade jumper

Runners haven't been my favorite genre, mostly because they seem so unforgiving in the advanced levels. But I really like the double-jump and slide-jump in this game since they seem to give me more control over the jump than just single jumping does. I like the clean, crisp graphics. The background music and sound effects are perfect. This is a runner game that I'll keep, even if it seems a little large at 55Mb.
02-07-2012, 03:03 PM
As Darth Elevator said, the graphics are nice and the sounds are pretty good. As with the controls, very responsive.

One tap is a jump, and a second jump is a, well, double jump.

The mechanic that sets this game apart form other runners is the glide. Holding the jump button will slow down your descent. These descent can also be incorporated in between and after your double jumps which makes for some very controllable landings. And, all of these moves respond well to each tap and hold you make.

I also like the coin layouts which force you to make accurate taps like coins arranged in a mcdonalds logo looking M, which forces you to time a double jump to gather all coins successfully. Some patterns are much more complicated than others.

Also, this game is divided into areas and stages, much like the way League of Evil is setup. There are 3 areas and with 10 stages each.

I dont see any endless modes, so that may be something the devs could look into adding, which will also boost replayability of the game.

At the start of the game, you get to choose characters but I havent tested how each character varies from each other. Only 2 characters unlocked originally and the other 2 requires unlocking.

There isnt much text in the game, but everytime you complete a level you get to see "Victory, Congratulation!" A little awkward to read but yeah, that's the only typo i found.

So far, everything is lookng good and i'd recommend this game to everyone. Crisp graphics, good sound effect, nice ambient oriental music, superb controls and a unique runner mechanic, all present in this little package. Cheers!
02-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Never seen before. When I try to start the game on iPad 2 (latest iOS, never jb, even after a restart of the device), I get an "OK" textfield:

"Director Class - ERROR
Failed to execute new ( params ) function on 'viewLauncher'."

I can watch the start screen and listen to some music and that was it. No input possible.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
02-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I absolutely love this game -- can't say enough good things about it. And thank you for making it free. It's a little simplistic in its level design, but the different jump mechanics make this one of the best runner games I've played. Plus, the Nippon setting is really great. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.
02-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Never seen before. When I try to start the game on iPad 2 (latest iOS, never jb, even after a restart of the device), I get an "OK" textfield:

"Director Class - ERROR
Failed to execute new ( params ) function on 'viewLauncher'."

I can watch the start screen and listen to some music and that was it. No input possible.
Same error here from the Corona SDK.

To fix it, change your language settings to english in your iDevice Settings/General/International menu, because the game only supports english and chinese.

Last edited by Vinnie035; 02-09-2012 at 04:15 AM.
02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Wow, this game is amazing. What a gem!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
02-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Wow, this game is amazing. What a gem!
okay, now you convinced me to try it too..

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!