★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

AWESOME Land is $0.99 for a limited time!

02-07-2012, 12:39 PM
AWESOME Land is $0.99 for a limited time!

Note: Anybody having trouble downloading this, try again now! There were some issues on Apple's end, but they're sorted!

It may take iTunes a moment to update the price, if it still says $1.99, check back soon!

Last edited by DistantJ; 02-08-2012 at 04:59 AM.
02-07-2012, 12:42 PM
"That was fast." If you were on the fence, I guess now is the time to get it.

Twitter: @back2this

02-07-2012, 12:46 PM
seems like it's good... but how long are those 20 levels?

beatable in 1 hour or will it take 2-3 hours to beat?

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
02-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Depends how skilled you are at platform games I would think. There are updates with extra levels coming also.
02-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Should be in effect until around Monday, depending on how it goes.
02-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
Depends how skilled you are at platform games I would think. There are updates with extra levels coming also.
let's just say that i grew up with platformers.... and one of my fave's on iOS is League of Evil... Castlevania has ALWAYS been my fave platformer... and those i can beat with my eyes closed (up to a point xD!)

Playlist
02-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
let's just say that i grew up with platformers.... and one of my fave's on iOS is League of Evil... Castlevania has ALWAYS been my fave platformer... and those i can beat with my eyes closed (up to a point xD!)
Notice this section of the description:

whether you spent your childhood jumping on mushrooms, rolling around loops or even whipping skeletons, this game will give your nostalgia muscles a good workout

If you like Castlevania you'll love this! The squid aliens are a direct reference to the medusa heads, and the level design has been very heavily inspired by Castlevania's style of level design - punishing the player if they try to rush forwards through the obvious path and instead making them think before they act.

Most players will tell you it's not an easy game though, I've noticed tweets from people who can't beat the last levels, and have had e-mails from people frustrated with some of the later levels, so I hope it will challenge you enough!

The sequel we're designing has even more in common with Castlevania, even down to weapons and combat...

You have good taste!
02-07-2012, 06:34 PM
How is 3GS compatability? Was that fixed?
02-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
Notice this section of the description:

whether you spent your childhood jumping on mushrooms, rolling around loops or even whipping skeletons, this game will give your nostalgia muscles a good workout

If you like Castlevania you'll love this! The squid aliens are a direct reference to the medusa heads, and the level design has been very heavily inspired by Castlevania's style of level design - punishing the player if they try to rush forwards through the obvious path and instead making them think before they act.

Most players will tell you it's not an easy game though, I've noticed tweets from people who can't beat the last levels, and have had e-mails from people frustrated with some of the later levels, so I hope it will challenge you enough!

The sequel we're designing has even more in common with Castlevania, even down to weapons and combat...

You have good taste!
I'm sorry what? i only read the parts in bold.....

oh and ... HOLY SHIT! SOLD! xD

EDIT: F*****CK.... "being modified" -__- everything I've tried to buy today is being modified -__- except maybe Ascencion

Playlist

Last edited by Drexiel; 02-07-2012 at 06:41 PM.
02-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Well I hope that's because the app store database is going through maintenance or something, and not removal from the store due to complaining Nintendo fanboys... Heh.