★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mass Effect: Infiltrator - (by Electronic Arts)

02-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Mass Effect: Infiltrator - (by Electronic Arts)

Quote:
At a press event in New York today, EA announced that BioWare's hit Mass Effect franchise will be coming to iOS as a new game called Mass Effect: Infiltrator, which will tie in with their upcoming game Mass Effect 3.
The game was described as a "fully featured iOS third-person shooter" which will showcase "stunning graphics and authentic weapons and powers from the Mass Effect series."

The story for Infiltrator will involve helping free prisoners from a hostile Cerberus base, and that players will "receive rewards" for collecting evidence of Cerberus' crimes.

The aforementioned rewards play out in how the game will tie in with Mass Effect 3. According to EA, "Every completed rescue and intelligence discovery in Infiltrator will increase a player's Galactic Readiness rating directly through the 'Galaxy at War' system in Mass Effect 3."

The "Galaxy at War" system is the same overarching system that ties into the game's surprisingly cool multiplayer.

Known Facts:

First InGame Screenshots:

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-05-2012 at 01:04 PM.
02-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Heavenly. But will it be a good RPG or will it just be a shooter.

02-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Interesting...

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-07-2012, 04:07 PM
infiltrator is a class in ME2 so it the game might be centered around an assassin character

Gameloft Live: OVOXD
Game Centre: Foomps

Last edited by iNexus; 02-07-2012 at 04:12 PM.
02-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNexus View Post
hope it has at least the same quality as dead space
I am sure it will be the ME environment, and gameplay, like Dead Space iOS was. Not sure if it will be as RPG like, but I can almost guarantee that it will be very similar to the console game. I just really hope that it will contain the talking elements and some leveling. Thought?
02-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Hm..

Currently playing; Infinity Blade 2, Whale Trail, Tiny Wings, Where's my Water?, Junk Jack, iBlast Moki 2 HD and Bike Baron.

Remember, tomorrow's another day! GC/OF: SuperSah
02-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M&B]Games View Post
I am sure it will be the ME environment, and gameplay, like Dead Space iOS was. Not sure if it will be as RPG like, but I can almost guarantee that it will be very similar to the console game. I just really hope that it will contain the talking elements and some leveling. Thought?
I'm thinking that this will tread along the Dead Space lines, in terms of general gameplay. Maybe they'll throw in some deep RPG elements, but I'm thinking they'll mostly be shallow, and the game will be shooter and linear story driven.

I wonder if EA will finally include GC achievements?!? I really enjoyed accomplishing tasks and earning achievements in both Mass Effects.

Hmm...IDK, maybe Bioware will try and do something completely different and/or groundbreaking. Makes me wonder what the price will be if they do try this--thinking about PC/console DLC.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 02-07-2012 at 04:47 PM.
02-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Whatever it is, its got to be better than Mass Effect Galaxy.

Front page says Iron Monkey Studios, same as Dead Space iOS, they know how to convert a game to iOS.

GC/GLLive:lumothesinner
Recommends: Darkness Rush|Terra Noctis|IB2|Epoch|MC3|Shadowgun|Phoenix HD|Sonic Racing|FT Soccer|Bug Heroes|Spider-man
02-07-2012, 05:06 PM
i think its gonna be a tie in with ME3 like how dead space for ios explained a little of the back story of DS3. i think ME:infitrator will explain a part of the story for the console ME3 so its gonna be pretty linear n not much free roam in terms of story

....now about tht battlefield:aftershock....

Gameloft Live: OVOXD
Game Centre: Foomps

Last edited by iNexus; 02-07-2012 at 05:11 PM.
02-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNexus View Post
....now about tht battlefield:aftershock....
Don't get me started on BF3:AS. I need this game. Haha. I just wish that would at least say something to reassure us that the game is in fact coming out.