★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An iPhone 4, iPad 1 or higher is recommended, for the full game experience.

Take control of our Fast Running Super Hero and control him across a breathtaking skyscraper landscape.

A never-ending game with new and varying levels. React quickly and try to survive!

CONTROL:

* The Fast Running Super Hero starts to run
* Touch anywhere on the screen to jump
* Touch longer for higher jumps

FEATURES:

* One-touch jump&run platform game
* New levels with increasing difficulty
* Collect coins to beat the high-score
* Combat different enemies and fight them
* Amazing skyline atmosphere with music and sound effects

The free edition can be played up to level 12.

Fast Running Super Hero is a co-production of adrastea and alpine republic.

If you enjoy the game please rate it and recommend it to your friends. Only then can we continue to develop the game and provide you with further amazing features.

adrasteaGames's comments:
This is our latest game release. Feel free to comment or contact us for further information!

02-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Wow... another runner!

Will post impressions when i get to play.

02-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I noticed there are 2 of this listed in the appstore and 1 is priced at $1.99. What's the difference between the paid and the free version?

EDIT: OH... free is only up to Lv12.
02-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Send a message via ICQ to adrasteaGames Send a message via Skype™ to adrasteaGames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I noticed there are 2 of this listed in the appstore and 1 is priced at $1.99. What's the difference between the paid and the free version?

EDIT: OH... free is only up to Lv12.
The free version is limited to level 12, the collectable jetpack and the trampoline is missing.

Depending on your skills it should take some time until you get there.

I have sent you a free promo code for the full version as PM.

adrastea games homepage | top games apps - vote for your favourite game | list of our games

Last edited by adrasteaGames; 02-07-2012 at 04:49 PM.
02-07-2012, 05:18 PM
So this genre is to the point where developers just use generic titles to push out more cookie-cutter running games?

Aside from the spectacularly creative title, what differentiates this runner from other runners in the appstore that are cheaper and more original? In other words, why should I pay $1.99 if I could pay $0.99 (or even nothing for some games) for a more creative and polished title of the same genre?

Maybe next month make a game called "Quick sprinting power man" and charge $2.99?

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
02-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Send a message via ICQ to adrasteaGames Send a message via Skype™ to adrasteaGames
Thanks for your feedback.

The so-called "runner" genre is a sub-genre of the jump&run games that already became popular in the 1980s with lots of superhits such as Great Giana Sisters, Super Mario and many titles on the C64 and Amiga.

The runner genre became popular on the iPhone because of its simple controls. On mobile phones most people prefer simple controls without any virtual game-pads.

The classic runner games were only about avoiding high and low obstacles where you either had to dodge or jump without any game-depth at all.

Our goal was to produce a game with the simplicity of the runner genre, but the depth of the classic 80s jump&run games. The title "Fast Running Super Hero" of course has a slight ironic touch with the hero in his pink costume.

The difference of our Fast Running Super Hero to other games is: Though the world is created by a random algorithm it increases the difficulty level by level not only by the speed of the hero, but the level generation itself. Obstacles become harder, the buildings get higher, gaps between roofs are increased, several monster types with different behaviour appear when you reach higher levels. Nevertheless all randomly created situations can be solved with a good reaction and jump combination. There are elements such as the collect-able jetpack and the trampoline for a large instant jump. Monsters use the trampoline as well and can collide with each-other or the player.

We have found out that people want simple controls in an environment with game-depth. Furthermore, I think the gameplay of Fast Running Super Hero is better than the gameplay of most of the other runners. We have spent a lot of time to tune every aspect of the gameplay behaviour and the physics to give the player an enjoyable feeling. Simple things - but they are important: Like the acceleration of the player, the jump velocity, the gravity... How it reacts and how it feels...

Concerning the price of $1.99: Most players reach the level limit after several hours of playing. The level limit is really high. We offer a free to try version of the game to find out for yourself if the game is worth it. Other runners for $0.99 mostly don't and you have to buy them without being able to try them before. I don't have played a free runner game that had a good professional gameplay except the game was temporarily for free for marketing purposes. We have found out that our players usually don't care if they pay $1.99 or $0.99 when they have played the lite version and like it. So I think it's fairer option for the people to offer a "free to try" + $1.99 version instead of only a $0.99 paid game without a lite version.

Nevertheless I have sent you a free promo code by PM for the $1.99 version as well.

Best regards,
Andreas

adrastea games homepage | top games apps - vote for your favourite game | list of our games
02-07-2012, 06:16 PM
It does look good, but personally, I haven't the best reaction speed in the world. Would this frustrate the hell out of me in this game? Is reaction/ tapping speed vital?

Timing I can do, but not speed-tapping. :-)

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
02-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrasteaGames View Post
Thanks for your feedback.

The so-called "runner" genre is a sub-genre of the jump&run games that already became popular in the 1980s with lots of superhits such as Great Giana Sisters, Super Mario and many titles on the C64 and Amiga.

The runner genre became popular on the iPhone because of its simple controls. On mobile phones most people prefer simple controls without any virtual game-pads.

The classic runner games were only about avoiding high and low obstacles where you either had to dodge or jump without any game-depth at all.

Our goal was to produce a game with the simplicity of the runner genre, but the depth of the classic 80s jump&run games. The title "Fast Running Super Hero" of course has a slight ironic touch with the hero in his pink costume.

The difference of our Fast Running Super Hero to other games is: Though the world is created by a random algorithm it increases the difficulty level by level not only by the speed of the hero, but the level generation itself. Obstacles become harder, the buildings get higher, gaps between roofs are increased, several monster types with different behaviour appear when you reach higher levels. Nevertheless all randomly created situations can be solved with a good reaction and jump combination. There are elements such as the collect-able jetpack and the trampoline for a large instant jump. Monsters use the trampoline as well and can collide with each-other or the player.

We have found out that people want simple controls in an environment with game-depth. Furthermore, I think the gameplay of Fast Running Super Hero is better than the gameplay of most of the other runners. We have spent a lot of time to tune every aspect of the gameplay behaviour and the physics to give the player an enjoyable feeling. Simple things - but they are important: Like the acceleration of the player, the jump velocity, the gravity... How it reacts and how it feels...

Concerning the price of $1.99: Most players reach the level limit after several hours of playing. The level limit is really high. We offer a free to try version of the game to find out for yourself if the game is worth it. Other runners for $0.99 mostly don't and you have to buy them without being able to try them before. I don't have played a free runner game that had a good professional gameplay except the game was temporarily for free for marketing purposes. We have found out that our players usually don't care if they pay $1.99 or $0.99 when they have played the lite version and like it. So I think it's fairer option for the people to offer a "free to try" + $1.99 version instead of only a $0.99 paid game without a lite version.

Nevertheless I have sent you a free promo code by PM for the $1.99 version as well.

Best regards,
Andreas
That's good enough for me.

Now just tell me there's no IAP in the full version.
02-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I`ve tried the free version. The game is pretty good.. the graphics are not very impressive and it doesn't run fluently :/ but these facts can be fixed in an update.. also a game center support would be great.

Schnen gru nach Bayern
02-07-2012, 06:33 PM
I've played just the lite version and the gameplay is good
My wishes for the next update are gamecenter with achievements and an automatic screen orientation.