★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Virus Strike is FREE! (.99 > FREE)

02-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Virus Strike is FREE! (.99 > FREE)

This well-reviewed and liked puzzle game has gone free for the first time since November 2010.
02-08-2012, 04:59 AM
Oldies But Goldies Alert!

I have Virus Strike since it came out. Brilliant combination of Tetris, Bejeweled and Flight Control elements—combined with accurate physics! You need tilt & draw & touch skillness and a good micro timing management. Sounds complicated but it isn't. Don't give up too early! There are still all chances even when your pile of viruses reaches the marker line. I am pretty sure you'll get better on each attempt! Good satisfying feeling on success, promised!

The last update was in Nov. 2010; that means:
  1. Runs on old devices (iOS 3.0)—and the resume function works flawless
  2. Guaranteed NO "In-App Purchases", no micro payment with real money (hidden or not), no consumables, no time consuming online scores, no freemium crap and no other "bonus features" and complications of our modern times (there are local highscores)
  3. Kind of interactive and full functional computer museum in your shirt pocket
  4. Nevertheless: Controls work perfect. Makes use of the advanced technique in the small smart devices, it was a sensation these days and you can feel that even now by playing that little & precious casual game

Recommended not only for action puzzle fanatics but even for tech nerds! Featured in my blog. Thx to devs for the Virus Strike freebie and AnarKitty for the heads-up and touchArcade for the forum!

Call me old-fashioned. But I'm afraid that tilt & touch & draw was more spectacular two or three years ago than IAP & Game Center & iCloud today.

There is no music in the game actually but there are some effect sounds (w switch/off function) and you can listen to your iTunes/iPod archive or to some internet radio during gameplay.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 02-08-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Added Video and forget the music