★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: TINE BA
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 64.3 MB
  • Version: 3.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Hallo alle sammen!

Vinter og snø er superperfekt for fartsfylte aktiviteter i bakken, men hender det noen ganger at du opplever å bli forhindret? Ikke fortvil! Jeg har laget et spenningsfylt spill som kan dempe lengselen de gangene du blir holdt unna bakken. Jeg ønsker herved velkommen til Winter Games! Velg om du vil sveve høyt på ski eller brett, og utfør akrobatiske triks i et halebenbrekkende tempo. Last ned spillet og la oss sette utfor sammen!

Hilsen Mr. Melk

Features:

- Kommentarer og musikk av Mr. Melk
- Dueller mot frøken Tiril (Tiril Sjåstad Christiansen) i alle løypene
- Stå på snowboard eller ski i et flott 3D-landskap
- Samle poeng og lås opp nye løyper
- Gjør kule triks, drikk melk for ekstra fart og lås opp spennende achievements
- Sjekk om du kan måle deg med de aller beste på highscore-listen!

Kyena's comments:
ONE MAN. ONE MOUNTAIN. NO SHIRT

Our latest iOS game was released yesterday (in co-operation with Hyper AS) for both iPhone and iPad. It's a snowboard and skiing game for the biggest Milk Brand in Norway. While the tutorial and the voice-overs are in Norwegian we still think it might be fun for everyone to download.
We really made an effort to get the controls as responsive as possible. You'll get scoreboards (facebook integration), achievements, pickups, tricks, recording and reply of your runs, different tracks and more. Feedback welcome!

02-08-2012, 03:31 AM
I normally download just about every new snowboarding game I see, but the look on that guy's face in the icon might just be enough to stop me this time. Perhaps there's a suitable explanation to do with the milk brand or something, but until I hear one I can only ask: what the?..

02-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyena
Hehe, interesting input there, thanks

The actual spokesperson called Mr. Melk is a "special" character. This ad might explain the look in the icon and what he is about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZYY77-7Ao

Natascha "Kyena" Roosli - Rock Pocket Games
Facebook - Twitter - Oliver&Spike
02-08-2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyena View Post
Hehe, interesting input there, thanks

The actual spokesperson called Mr. Melk is a "special" character. This ad might explain the look in the icon and what he is about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZYY77-7Ao
That explains it alright. Downloading the game now.
02-08-2012, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
That explains it alright. Downloading the game now.
Great! Let us know what you think

02-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Great! Let us know what you think
To be honest, I liked the commercial better. But this isn't bad at all for a free game, particularly if you aren't too fussed about it being much like actual snowboarding, and I'm sure it'll find an audience.

You need to put the bearded Viking guy with the axe in there though.
02-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
To be honest, I liked the commercial better. But this isn't bad at all for a free game, particularly if you aren't too fussed about it being much like actual snowboarding, and I'm sure it'll find an audience.

You need to put the bearded Viking guy with the axe in there though.
Heh, maybe we should suggest that for an addon (bearded viking mode ).
What did bother you with the game? As far as our research went for snowboard games on the iOS devices, we didn't really find much. So we really focused on creating a responsive half pipe experience. Are you talking about not having actual outdoor/freeboarding space?

02-08-2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Heh, maybe we should suggest that for an addon (bearded viking mode ).
What did bother you with the game? As far as our research went for snowboard games on the iOS devices, we didn't really find much. So we really focused on creating a responsive half pipe experience. Are you talking about not having actual outdoor/freeboarding space?
No, more about the general feel of snowboarding. There's only one game on the iOS that gets this right: Big Mountain Snowboarding. All the rest basically feel like racing games with a snowboard/rider slapped on, to varying extents.

A snowboard reacts to the terrain. It has no self-propulsion. In order for the ride to feel authentic you have to get the physics and inertia right. As well as the animation for the rider. This doesn't mean it needs to be a hardcore sim: the SSX series get the feel right even though the gameplay is 100% arcade.

Anyway, that's probably more than you wanted to hear.
02-08-2012, 05:33 AM
Quote:
No, more about the general feel of snowboarding. There's only one game on the iOS that gets this right: Big Mountain Snowboarding. All the rest basically feel like racing games with a snowboard/rider slapped on, to varying extents.

A snowboard reacts to the terrain. It has no self-propulsion. In order for the ride to feel authentic you have to get the physics and inertia right. As well as the animation for the rider. This doesn't mean it needs to be a hardcore sim: the SSX series get the feel right even though the gameplay is 100% arcade.

Anyway, that's probably more than you wanted to hear.
Not at all, really appreciate the input Thanks!