Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-19-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamous View Post
I've enjoyed the game so far so I'm glad I got it despite the negative comments I've seen here and there, but I must ask in order to be mentally prepared. This new modes, bosses and characters (and etc) are they planned to be free updates or paid IAPs? So far I've seen that your IAP seems to be most non gameplay changing and I'm just wondering if it will stay that way.
There is no plan to charge for any of the updates. We might expand on the IAP options, but only where it feels right. Raid Leader has a very soft IAP model, and we are quite surprised to see the rather high percentage of players opting in on the 10.000 gold IAP. It would be rather foolish of us to jeopardize that.

So, yeah - short answer is that you shouldn't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortimer View Post
I just purchased Raid Leader today. I'm a long time MMORPG raider from EQ, WoW and many other MMO's. I currently have quit all the PC MMORPG's and am playing a few on my iPad. So, far I think Raid Leader is a good game and haven't had much problems with control or saving. I liked it enough to already pay another $.99 for the extra gold. Good job and keep the updates coming.
Thanks. We are also veterans of many of the big MMO's. I haven't had time to raid in a while, but will probably be back in WoW as a raiding shaman panda.

Great to hear you are enjoying the game. Updates are on the way

Best,
Peter
Old 03-13-2012, 05:08 PM

so just my few thoughts on the game, i really like it, fun game but i noticed that eventually all you have to do is give the war giant buff and shield and then he can survive everything. it becomes click each ability as they activate and just let your guys stand there. my other problem is that some of the bosses are too easy for the gold they give, HM Rockzor is by far one of the easier encounters and give an extra large amount of gold. (to get the perks i sat there and farmed him 100+ times after i beat the game)

Now what i really want to see.
- items would be really great
- more bosses/ increases of boss difficulty (forcing the use of some of the other abilities other then burst damage + 1 heal or def)
- maybe a multiplayer part where you can take over 1 char and have more control/ more abilities available while other players do the same (more like a real raid)

All in all though i think its a great game and can't wait for the next update giving more features (any hint to when that is????????)

Thanks for reading my rant lol
Old 03-14-2012, 05:47 AM

Hey All,

Happy to inform you we submitted an update for Raid Leader yesterday.

The update will hopefully resolve all of the issues with achievements in Gamecenter. A nasty sound-bug has been eliminated, as well as few other smaller bugs.

We are currently hamming away on the first content update for Raid Leader. We expect that to be submitted in a week or two. This update will include multiple difficulty levels for all bosses and a few new perks to experiment with. Can't wait to get this update out for you to play - some of the bosses on hard difficulty propose a seriously hard challenge.

Also, we are preparing a free version of Raid Leader which we plan to submit really soon. The free version of Raid Leader will NOT replace the current paid version.

Best,
Peter
Old 03-14-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrizika View Post
so just my few thoughts on the game, i really like it, fun game but i noticed that eventually all you have to do is give the war giant buff and shield and then he can survive everything. it becomes click each ability as they activate and just let your guys stand there. my other problem is that some of the bosses are too easy for the gold they give, HM Rockzor is by far one of the easier encounters and give an extra large amount of gold. (to get the perks i sat there and farmed him 100+ times after i beat the game)

Now what i really want to see.
- items would be really great
- more bosses/ increases of boss difficulty (forcing the use of some of the other abilities other then burst damage + 1 heal or def)
- maybe a multiplayer part where you can take over 1 char and have more control/ more abilities available while other players do the same (more like a real raid)

All in all though i think its a great game and can't wait for the next update giving more features (any hint to when that is????????)

Thanks for reading my rant lol
Hey jrizika,

Great to hear that you are enjoying Raid Leader.

You have some totally valid points and great suggestions. Thanks!

It's quite a balancing act making sure that every boss has the right gold drop rate matching its difficulty level. From what you tell us it seems that the earth elemental drops a tad too much gold.

I believe that it is quite inevitable that everyone will find their favorite boss to grind - either because the gold drop is huge, or because they find the fight interestingly or easy enough to play again and again. However, we'll take another look at that particular fight - thanks for reporting it.

As far as updates go, there are a couple coming very soon as noted in my post above.

Best,
Peter

Last edited by redzebragames; 03-14-2012 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: added quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

before you guys update, you might want to back up your game...

they included ads... and if you don't have the game already installed in your device, or don't have an iCloud save for the game, you'll have the ads included...

but just to be safe... a backup would be a good idea...

**BTW

Thank you for the update. With the sound fix, now I don't have to try and remember to mute my device when I start the game up in the middle of the night so I don't wake my wife up. =oP
Old 04-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Yeah I noticed this. I went and redownloaded it (got it when it came out) and now it has ad's I was pretty annoyed but i figured that turning off your wifi disables the ad's anyway.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I just wanna ask... Why the hell does my PAID version of Raid Leader have ads?

Ads which I have to pay(again) to remove?.... This is Bs...
Old 04-17-2012, 05:11 AM

Drexiel - The latest update was supposed to check if you had purchased the game earlier, and in that case it should disable the ads.

However, in some rare cases it seems that the ads were indeed turned on anyways.

We are looking into it.

Best,
Peter
Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzebragames View Post
Drexiel - The latest update was supposed to check if you had purchased the game earlier, and in that case it should disable the ads.

However, in some rare cases it seems that the ads were indeed turned on anyways.

We are looking into it.

Best,
Peter
i Purchased it back when there was the jailbroken ipod issues... i provided some info and once you guys patched the game i bought it for my ipod 4... atm i don't have the ipod, i now have it on my ipad 2, and it has ads..
Old 04-17-2012, 01:25 PM

Drexiel - yes, that is one of the few instances where the ads will show even though Raid Leader was purchased previously.

We should have a fix for this really soon - even though I know that doesn't help you right now.

Best,
Peter