App description: Touch Arcade - 'Like a Nicotine Patch for WoW Addicts'

Pocket Gamer - Silver Award

App Advice - 'Crescent Moon Games gives you intense boss battles in your pocket, similar to those found in various MMO games like World of Warcraft and The Old Republic.'

App-Score 'Raid Leader is the RTS that everyone has been waiting for.'

Help save the land of Eldentir from the evil and corrupted demon Belfanor and his invading legion of monsters.

You, as the Raid Leader must guide a small band of Heroes through Eldentir and face the demon King in the final battle.

Knight - Strong and vigilant. The knight likes to stand where it hurts - face to face with his enemy.

Hunter - Fast and agile, the Hunter packs a lethal bow and arrow. She likes to shoot demons in the back!

Priest - Old and wise, healing is his speciality. In the heat of battle he has a few other tricks up his rather big sleeves.

Encounter challenging boss fights. Collect gold and invest in dozens of unlockable abilities. Test your skills against the oncoming hordes of darkness.

Are you prepared?

Features:
Amazing stylized 3D graphics, monsters, characters, and effects
3 Character classes
3 different playing styles
15 Unique encounters
Intuitive and responsive controls
30+ special abilities
Game Center Leaderboards
25+ Game Center Achievements
Universal for iPhone, iPod, and iPad

Expect regular updates with new content as well as gameplay improvements and fixes. We want to give you the best experience we can.

****DEVICE SUPPORT****
Raid Leader supports iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4th Generation, iPod Touch 3rd generation 16gb and higher.

Follow @cm_games and @redzebragames on Twitter for the latest Raid Leader and other Crescent Moon Games news!

Update 1.0.1 fixes the save issue some people have been experiencing, please update!

Echoseven's comments:

02-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Battleheart with CM touch(which felt like it was fading away after siegecraft and evertales)? Sure, count me in.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
02-08-2012, 07:51 AM
You fellas who are already raid-leading across that colorful map, do battles consist only of bosses plus a few summoned minions?

Together with the low number of classes, the fact that each hero can only use two perks at a time, and what seems like rather slow action (the comparison to Battleheart does not necessarily have to be made, but I'm making it ), it seems the lack of large-scale horde battles might make the gameplay a tad rigid and lacking in variation, as the player is not forced to rearrange and keep his heroes mobile to respond to different incoming threats (as per Battleheart). Perk management seem to be the order of the day (i.e., mostly standing still and activating perks), and compared to having to manage perks (abilities/skills, etc) AND move about the map nearly constantly, just having to activate perks seems considerably less dynamic and engaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Same, looking forward to it arriving in the U.S. But I wonder if there are any story/RPG elements at all, or if it's straight-up combat.
From what I can tell from the trailer, the RPG elements are the purchaseable perks, plus some form of less dynamic leveling. As for story, I think the few lines of text in the intro plus the bosses' short dialogues might be what we get.

(I hafta wonder... while story is generally not the focus of many games, especially of this casual, easily accessible mobile kind, why even bother writing a story as superbly, deeply, overwhelmingly archetypical and shallow as this one? )

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

02-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertman View Post
Hmm after watching that video I think I will stick with just playing Battleheart. Idk might still get it cause the price is good...
I won't comment on the relative merit and/or quality of Battleheart vis-a-vis Raid Leader, but I can say that Raid Leader does add an additional layer of depth in the way that it handles combat. These are true boss fights in the sense that they involve figuring out attack and defensive patterns, not just basic tactics. Each fight feels like a distinct experience.

@Ayjona: once you are past the first couple of levels, combat becomes much more dynamic (as far as moving your units around in concerned). Keep in mind, too, that the game has another layer of "direct" interactivity that you can't see on gameplay videos.

Last edited by squarezero; 02-08-2012 at 07:55 AM.
02-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Is it just me or does the gameplay vid seem a little boring. I am guessing BattleHeart will still be ahead of Raid Leader gameplay wise. It is a pity that MikaMobile is such a small outfit. There is one thing you can count on a CM release, the games always look good. Will probably be getting this for the price and what seems like a similar but different experience.
02-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I won't comment on the relative merit and/or quality of Battleheart vis-a-vis Raid Leader, but I can say that Raid Leader does add an additional layer of depth in the way that it handles combat. These are true boss fights in the sense that they involve figuring out attack and defensive patterns, not just basic tactics. Each fight feels like a distinct experience.
My very limited perspective (based on videos alone) kinda indicates the opposite. As explained above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Together with the low number of classes, the fact that each hero can only use two perks at a time, and what seems like rather slow action (the comparison to Battleheart does not necessarily have to be made, but I'm making it ), it seems the lack of large-scale horde battles might make the gameplay a tad rigid and lacking in variation, as the player is not forced to rearrange and keep his heroes mobile to respond to different incoming threats (as per Battleheart). Perk management seem to be the order of the day (i.e., mostly standing still and activating perks), and compared to having to manage perks (abilities/skills, etc) AND move about the map nearly constantly, just having to activate perks seems considerably less dynamic and engaging.
But I'm guessing you've actually played the game, right? If so, you've raised my hopes for this one

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
02-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Buying in 9 hours
02-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepeos View Post
Wow this doesn't look like Battleheart at all!
My thoughts exactly. But at least I can play Battleheart on my 2G!
02-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share this video we recently recorded.

This is 3 Red Zebra Games devs playing the third boss together on an iPad2.

(please forgive the casual swearing and the bad english! It was quite frantic, as you can see from the vid. )

Will check back later and answer more of your questions.

Best,
Peter

Red Zebra Games, creator of Raid Leader
Visit our Website
twitter: @redzebragames
02-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
My very limited perspective (based on videos alone) kinda indicates the opposite. As explained above:

But I'm guessing you've actually played the game, right? If so, you've raised my hopes for this one
I played the beta. For reasons that will eventually become clear, I am not comfortable giving impressions on Crescent Moon games, so I try stay as factual as possible (which is why I won't get into the whole Battleheart vs Raid Leader debate).
02-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I played the beta. For reasons that will eventually become clear, I am not comfortable giving impressions on Crescent Moon games, so I try stay as factual as possible (which is why I won't get into the whole Battleheart vs Raid Leader debate).
I already have several theories as to why. What's the use of daily participation in a forum if I don't partake of slander, rumormongering, petty speculation and personal drama?

I also noticed your comment to me above, edited in as I was posting my post. That seems to pretty nicely sum up the reasons why this will not (necessarily or inescapably) feel stale or rigid when compared, to, say... well, any other iOS game with similar control mechanics and gameplay. Canna think of any right now, but I will take heart and continue this battle with my failing cognition Reason enough for me to part with 0.99 later tonight.

Vocalist of Neverlast

Last edited by Ayjona; 02-08-2012 at 09:50 AM.