Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Got it to play on my wife's iPad, but just for fun attempted to install it on my Touch (64gb 3rd gen). Yes I know 3rd Gen is not supported, but tried anyways. It gave me the error:
Wha... I haven't seen anything that needs a camera... that is just crazy. :/

Also, could anyone give me any tips? I don't think that I know all the ropes here.

Last edited by 0-FeliX-0; 02-08-2012 at 10:51 PM..
Old 02-08-2012, 10:55 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-FeliX-0 View Post
Wha... I haven't seen anything that needs a camera... that is just crazy. :/
I used to get that message all the time back with my old 2nd gen touch for apps that didn't use a camera at all. I think it's just a generic message that means time to upgrade your hardware
Old 02-08-2012, 11:07 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Runs buttery smooth on 4th gen devices! Controls are spot on and wish they would port the push-like laser button in this game to Bug princess too! Sometimes the ship randomly get's stuck during movement and have to quickly lift the finger and move again. Kind of bugging me.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Man, I know people have differing tastes, but I think you would have to be completely mental not to buy this game for 5 bucks, if you are a CAVE fan. It plays completely different than their other iOS ports. No, it isn't their all-time best game, but it doesn't need to be, for that very reason. The enemies are lightning fast, the chaining is über-challenging, and it's freakin' hardcore. If you don't want to experience that, then feel free to spend your five dollars on a pretty bouquet of flowers or maybe a pony ride, but I for one, am happy with my purchase.

BTW, it looks better @2x on iPad than some their other games.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vally View Post
Important thing to remember here is Dodonpachi Daioujou/Blissful Death predates Daifukkatsu/Resurrection by quite a few years, so this is the prequel.

Blissful Death shares a lot more in common with the original Dodonpachi that you might have played in MAME, and is generally considered to be the hardest DDP in the entire series so far.

Whereas Resurrection based the scoring system around bullet cancelling to builld up hyper gauge, then storing your hyper and chaining, Blissful Death is just raw chaining.

There's no bullet cancelling at all - everything must be dodged or bombed out. There is also no leniency with building the hit counter. It doesn't just decrease once the gauge is empty, it completely drops. Every time.

Hypers also work differently. You have a hyper gauge that you fill up on chaining and bee collecting (bees fill the chain gauge more when your hit counter is higher), and every time the hyper gauge fills up, an item drops from the top of the screen that you need to collect.

You can collect up to 5 hypers at one time. However, these don't stack. Once you use the hyper, they ALL get consumed at once, and the hyper count dictates how fast your hit gauge goes up.

You have a choice of two ships - A Type, which is a straight shot, and B Type, which is a wide shot.

You also choose from three 'dolls'. These gauge your power. Shotia increases your shot power, Leinyan increases your laser power, and Exy increases both of them, but only gives you a single bomb instead of three.
Out of all the thread -and yes, I read it all yesterday- for me this was the most useful post, along with Sanuku's videos, which as always I have to thank him for them.

I have finally bought DDP Resurrection, which btw went down to 4.99€ (from 5.99€) at the same time as the release of DDP BD. Thanks a lot Vally for helping me make my mind
Old 02-09-2012, 12:10 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 2.x

Default Game Impressions

goooood!!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Great game. Wish I could play it on my iPad.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 AM

Default DoDonPachi Blissful Death play video

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 02-09-2012, 01:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Insta buy for me.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:12 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Of Cave's offerings so far, to me, this is in the bottom three with Espgaluda 2 and Bug Princess. Good game, of course - all six are - but not as good.