Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-08-2012, 11:16 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

First off, the physics here are very much improved over PHoF. Very happy about that. And they are vastly superior to Zen Pinball and every other pinball game.

Only a few issues. One is I find the lighting effect on the ball to be kind of weird. It makes it look like the ball is distorted. It isn't, it's just the lighting. Anyone else at first think it was distorted? Secondly, I haven't had any luck logging in with Facebook. Is it working for anyone? It just times out. Lastly the process for downloading tables is a little problematic. If your iPad goes to sleep in the middle of downloading it fails. I have to periodically tap the screen to get them downloaded.

Lastly it's a real bummer that there are no GC achievements and leader boards. Facebook is fine I guess once it works, but most of my friends with this game will be on GC, not Facebook.

Still, this game is awesome and isn't to be missed.

Also a question - on iPad the default for bumping is "touchscreen". Err... how do you do that? I switched it to motion and that works well, but would love to know how the touchscreen option works.

Oh, and tutorials for the games are just as great as they were in PHoF.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin

What are the chances of the Rollercoaster Tycoon table making it into this game??
Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
First off, the physics here are very much improved over PHoF. Very happy about that. And they are vastly superior to Zen Pinball and every other pinball game.

Only a few issues. One is I find the lighting effect on the ball to be kind of weird. It makes it look like the ball is distorted. It isn't, it's just the lighting. Anyone else at first think it was distorted? Secondly, I haven't had any luck logging in with Facebook. Is it working for anyone? It just times out. Lastly the process for downloading tables is a little problematic. If your iPad goes to sleep in the middle of downloading it fails. I have to periodically tap the screen to get them downloaded.

Lastly it's a real bummer that there are no GC achievements and leader boards. Facebook is fine I guess once it works, but most of my friends with this game will be on GC, not Facebook.

Still, this game is awesome and isn't to be missed.

Also a question - on iPad the default for bumping is "touchscreen". Err... how do you do that? I switched it to motion and that works well, but would love to know how the touchscreen option works.

Oh, and tutorials for the games are just as great as they were in PHoF.
Right on about the physics.

GC is coming in a future update.

Facebook login appears to be down. Maybe they're waiting till tomorrow to activate the leaderboards. Not sure, but it worked in the beta version.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:33 PM
iPhone 5

I got fb to log in on my iphone4 but it won't do it on my iPad now.

I believe to nudge using touchscreen you swipe the top half or so of the screen. It's tricky but since I'm in bed and my wife is asleep I can't be shaking the thing much...

I am loving Black Hole!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevious Zoquis View Post
I got fb to log in on my iphone4 but it won't do it on my iPad now.

I believe to nudge using touchscreen you swipe the top half or so of the screen. It's tricky but since I'm in bed and my wife is asleep I can't be shaking the thing much...

I am loving Black Hole!
That's right about the nudging, and yes Black Hole rocks!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Where the heck is the IAP menu to purchase all tables?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Where the heck is the IAP menu to purchase all tables?
Just pick a table and you'll see it.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Only a few issues. One is I find the lighting effect on the ball to be kind of weird. It makes it look like the ball is distorted. It isn't, it's just the lighting. Anyone else at first think it was distorted?
Yeah, the reflection on the ball is a little out of control. You can really see it if you catch the ball on a flipper and it looks like it's lost half its size because the colour of the edges perfectly matches the playfield around it. Farsight needs to tone down the reflection a bit.

Shake to nudge works pretty well, though I think it could be a little more sensitive, at least on iPad. Maybe a sensitivity slider would be best here.

Apart from that, my only other beef is how the camera swings around to the front of the table to launch a ball. I'd rather see the launch from above, as I would have an easier time gauging my power and I'd have my eye on the ball right from the start of the game.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Really enjoying Arabian Nights so far. Works well on iPad 1st gen. I've never played the real Arabian Nights table, but this is lots of fun. The game is very well designed, and I love the sound design. A really complex game that is a joy to play. I'll be buying some of the other tables, probably starting with Black Hole for $1.99.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777 View Post
Just pick a table and you'll see it.
Ah, thanks. I was a little hesitant to just punch in my password but, man, I am more than happy to put $10 down for these tables. Brilliant stuff here! Plays great on my iPod 4, and the physics, while a bit bouncier maybe than I expected, still feel really good. The biggest thing is the table design. The flow they have makes all the difference in the world.

I'll be buying everything they put on here without hesitation. Absolutely top notch.