Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 02-08-2012, 11:16 PM
crunc crunc is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,041
Default

First off, the physics here are very much improved over PHoF. Very happy about that. And they are vastly superior to Zen Pinball and every other pinball game.

Only a few issues. One is I find the lighting effect on the ball to be kind of weird. It makes it look like the ball is distorted. It isn't, it's just the lighting. Anyone else at first think it was distorted? Secondly, I haven't had any luck logging in with Facebook. Is it working for anyone? It just times out. Lastly the process for downloading tables is a little problematic. If your iPad goes to sleep in the middle of downloading it fails. I have to periodically tap the screen to get them downloaded.

Lastly it's a real bummer that there are no GC achievements and leader boards. Facebook is fine I guess once it works, but most of my friends with this game will be on GC, not Facebook.

Still, this game is awesome and isn't to be missed.

Also a question - on iPad the default for bumping is "touchscreen". Err... how do you do that? I switched it to motion and that works well, but would love to know how the touchscreen option works.

Oh, and tutorials for the games are just as great as they were in PHoF.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Zendorphin Zendorphin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 246
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
Default

What are the chances of the Rollercoaster Tycoon table making it into this game??
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 PM
jeffy777 jeffy777 is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
First off, the physics here are very much improved over PHoF. Very happy about that. And they are vastly superior to Zen Pinball and every other pinball game.

Only a few issues. One is I find the lighting effect on the ball to be kind of weird. It makes it look like the ball is distorted. It isn't, it's just the lighting. Anyone else at first think it was distorted? Secondly, I haven't had any luck logging in with Facebook. Is it working for anyone? It just times out. Lastly the process for downloading tables is a little problematic. If your iPad goes to sleep in the middle of downloading it fails. I have to periodically tap the screen to get them downloaded.

Lastly it's a real bummer that there are no GC achievements and leader boards. Facebook is fine I guess once it works, but most of my friends with this game will be on GC, not Facebook.

Still, this game is awesome and isn't to be missed.

Also a question - on iPad the default for bumping is "touchscreen". Err... how do you do that? I switched it to motion and that works well, but would love to know how the touchscreen option works.

Oh, and tutorials for the games are just as great as they were in PHoF.
Right on about the physics.

GC is coming in a future update.

Facebook login appears to be down. Maybe they're waiting till tomorrow to activate the leaderboards. Not sure, but it worked in the beta version.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 02-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Zevious Zoquis Zevious Zoquis is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 772
Default

I got fb to log in on my iphone4 but it won't do it on my iPad now.

I believe to nudge using touchscreen you swipe the top half or so of the screen. It's tricky but since I'm in bed and my wife is asleep I can't be shaking the thing much...

I am loving Black Hole!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 PM
jeffy777 jeffy777 is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevious Zoquis View Post
I got fb to log in on my iphone4 but it won't do it on my iPad now.

I believe to nudge using touchscreen you swipe the top half or so of the screen. It's tricky but since I'm in bed and my wife is asleep I can't be shaking the thing much...

I am loving Black Hole!
That's right about the nudging, and yes Black Hole rocks!
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 PM
medianotzu medianotzu is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,817
Default

Where the heck is the IAP menu to purchase all tables?
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 PM
jeffy777 jeffy777 is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Where the heck is the IAP menu to purchase all tables?
Just pick a table and you'll see it.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 02-09-2012, 12:30 AM
famousringo famousringo is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Only a few issues. One is I find the lighting effect on the ball to be kind of weird. It makes it look like the ball is distorted. It isn't, it's just the lighting. Anyone else at first think it was distorted?
Yeah, the reflection on the ball is a little out of control. You can really see it if you catch the ball on a flipper and it looks like it's lost half its size because the colour of the edges perfectly matches the playfield around it. Farsight needs to tone down the reflection a bit.

Shake to nudge works pretty well, though I think it could be a little more sensitive, at least on iPad. Maybe a sensitivity slider would be best here.

Apart from that, my only other beef is how the camera swings around to the front of the table to launch a ball. I'd rather see the launch from above, as I would have an easier time gauging my power and I'd have my eye on the ball right from the start of the game.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 AM
ovalprocess ovalprocess is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 103
Default

Really enjoying Arabian Nights so far. Works well on iPad 1st gen. I've never played the real Arabian Nights table, but this is lots of fun. The game is very well designed, and I love the sound design. A really complex game that is a joy to play. I'll be buying some of the other tables, probably starting with Black Hole for $1.99.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 AM
medianotzu medianotzu is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777 View Post
Just pick a table and you'll see it.
Ah, thanks. I was a little hesitant to just punch in my password but, man, I am more than happy to put $10 down for these tables. Brilliant stuff here! Plays great on my iPod 4, and the physics, while a bit bouncier maybe than I expected, still feel really good. The biggest thing is the table design. The flow they have makes all the difference in the world.

I'll be buying everything they put on here without hesitation. Absolutely top notch.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent