Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

New tables out.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Just come back from the UK's largest computer/retro show (Play Expo). What was great was because of Pinball Arcade i wanted to check out the original machines, they had about 6 of the actual machines which are in the app. Took a few pictures and had the app on my iphone on while i compared it to the real thing. Very very impressive !

I mean obviously they are based on real machines but i was impressed by the copy we've got on iOS, a ton of detail.

The pinball machines did seem harder but some were frustratingly harder so i'm glad the app is a bit easier. But into the app even more after playing on many of the originals
The reason I've been impressed with this app is that I actually have played them when they were first made on the real tables years ago in the arcades here. Spent so many quarters and so much time on them. Still so many others I would love to see that go back further in time, but I feel lucky to be able to have these to play any time I want! Nostalgia for sure! The great detail makes me smile every time! I do agree that they should be dialed in better game play wise before releasing more tables, though.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
New tables out.
But have they addressed the game weirdness when starting a new game after having just played a game where some balls were locked but never released via a multiball? While I have yet to see the old "two balls on the plunger", it seems instead when in this same situation and I hit start the game goes into a demonstration mode that only quitting out and then restarting the table will get you out of.

Oh, and what is the "Post Processing" option all about?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
But have they addressed the game weirdness when starting a new game after having just played a game where some balls were locked but never released via a multiball? While I have yet to see the old "two balls on the plunger", it seems instead when in this same situation and I hit start the game goes into a demonstration mode that only quitting out and then restarting the table will get you out of.

Oh, and what is the "Post Processing" option all about?
No mentioning of bug fixes in the update description.
The post processing option seems an experiment with light effects and such. An effort to make it look better at cost of performance(read unplayable).
Old 10-29-2012, 05:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well happy theres another two tables out, just bought them this morning. Havent had the bugs above people have mentioned (yet).

Becoming a really nice collection of tables now, still annoying on the ipod touch i seem to get the white icon (then have to delete/re-install) whereas on my iphone it updates fine.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:36 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautboy View Post
The post processing option seems an experiment with light effects and such. An effort to make it look better at cost of performance(read unplayable).
Where do I find that option?
Old 10-29-2012, 07:17 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
In the options menu when selecting tables.

I really hope someone here who took the plunge and bought the pro menu for totan could shine a light on what it actually does. I would have bought it myself but thanks to the price increase on the dutch app store i'm €0.20 short^^.

Last edited by krautboy; 10-29-2012 at 07:21 AM..
Old 10-29-2012, 08:26 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
It's in the Options of the Main Menu where you select a table, not in the options once you're actually loaded a specific table.

Supposedly it only shows up as an option for iPad 3 and beyond, and have to second the unplayable bit. Well, to be honest, I don't think the slowdown was game breaking, but it was pretty noticiable. So what do you get at the cost of this slow down? All of the colors become very muted. I'm guessing the idea is to really mute the colors so that the tables' lights will stand out better, but, to be honest, I didn't see the point of it myself.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:36 AM

There is a pro mode for tales of arabian nights. You have to pay 3.99 to have acess to the table menues. More than the table costs itself?
Seems there is the possibility to change the difficulty from family to pro.
For me, the family mode is a kind of demo.Now I should pay again and the double price of the table, just to get acess to the menue for changing the difficulty? Can't believe that. Congrats farsight, you are the first company who charges the people, for changing the difficulty in a game.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:56 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Dont think its that bad, i've got all the tables, not bothered by the pro menus though. Reading the description you get a fair bit extra for the pro version but i think for 'normal' players like myself its not needed. Probably good for the more hardcore pinball fan though