Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-16-2012, 06:37 PM

Any suggestions on skill shots for Bride of Pinbot? This is the first table where the skill shot really means a lot for me as far as points so now I actually care about getting them but even with a feather touch I go from hitting the last slot (20k?) to not even making it up the ramp. Is the sensitivity on this thing insane or am I missing a trick here?

Please tell me the next two are Attack From Mars and Funhouse!

Last edited by Benegesserit; 04-16-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 06:45 PM

Does "fix for iPad 3 owners" mean retina support? If not, is it planned?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 PM

looks like they have fixed the transparent plastic on Arabian Nights. Looks much better now. And yes, the new tables are awesome
Old 04-16-2012, 06:56 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benegesserit View Post
Any suggestions on skill shots for Bride of Pinbot? This is the first table where the skill shot really means a lot for me as far as points so now I actually care about getting them but even with a feather touch I go from hitting the last slot (20k?) to not even making it up the ramp. Is the sensitivity on this thing insane or am I missing a trick here?

Please tell me the next two are Attack From Mars and Funhouse!
Seems like the ball bounces around a lot in the skill shot, so it's not going to respond linearly to a change in power. You've just to try to peg the right amount of power and consistently deliver that amount.

Also, I joined the billionaire club on my first game, but it didn't record the score. Is that normal? If billionaires just get disqualified, that makes it the crappiest award in pinball history. :P
Old 04-16-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
Seems like the ball bounces around a lot in the skill shot, so it's not going to respond linearly to a change in power. You've just to try to peg the right amount of power and consistently deliver that amount.
Can you be a little more descriptive? It's not responding linearly but I need to peg the "right amount"? Is it really super pixel sensitive? IMO the real pinball experience does not require an extremely tight window of spring pressure to nail the skill shots (in any pinball game I've ever played) so if this is the case they really need to consider patching in how much each pixel/mm/whatever increases the velocity.

There's a ton of give left in the plunger but you can't go more than what looks like a real world inch (about a cm on an iPhone) w/o the ball going much farther than it should. Maybe's it's just easier on an iPad.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like it's sensitive to how LONG you have held the plunger (this is not a good representation of physics, btw). If you're quick about it you can control the ball better. But if you're trying to take it easy and get the right distance it's all over the place.

Last edited by Benegesserit; 04-16-2012 at 07:33 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 07:44 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Great!

Downloading new tables now... Gotta love ios gaming!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:47 PM
iPad

New tables are sweeeeeeeeet!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Updated game crashes on first generation iPad running 4.3.1 even after reinstalling and restarting twice.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:19 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I got the update on my iPad 2, but the app icon is now blank. I tried rebooting but it didn't help that. The app seems to be working and I'm downloading Medieval, but very slowly. If I don't keep tapping the screen periodically the screen powers off and the download fails. I wish this worked smoother.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Screenshots of the two new tables from iPad 3rd generation. Finally they are working fine so far (were much too fast before, even the "old" tables):

Medieval Madness™

Originial size and resolution click here.

Resized:

Detail, upper part (resized):

The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot™

Originial size and resolution click here.

Resized: