Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillytuna View Post
The Humble Bundle is great but it is often essentially beta releases. I don't mean horrible and buggy but they tend to be the first versions. Coming from indies, this is where we get to test games and get feedback, especially when you have a lot of platform issues such as on Android and PC. It's the only way to do it really.

We hope to have Eufloria in the Play store tonight some time, both a full version and a demo. Pricing as per original iOS ($4.99). Fingers crossed. Never released anything there before - it could all go horribly wrong. Stress!
Nah, I'm a pretty hardcore Android gamer too. Just make sure to SPAM the inboxes (LOL) of major Android sites with the subject line: iPad GotY 2012 Runner Up makes its way to Android. Brilliant to market your Android release!

Also, its not a difficult process. Easier than the Appstore. Will you all the best and look forward to a more playable version via HB
Old 12-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I just purchased the game today and I'm not sure why, but it looks a bit blurry. Anybody else experience this?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:11 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
I just purchased the game today and I'm not sure why, but it looks a bit blurry. Anybody else experience this?
The game has a soft look to it. Maybe that's it? Compare with screenshots on the facebook page for eufloria (there are two for some reason - find the one that has recent posts).
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
The game has a soft look to it. Maybe that's it? Compare with screenshots on the facebook page for eufloria (there are two for some reason - find the one that has recent posts).
Yeah, I purchased the HD version too (great, great game btw...really like what I've played so far) and I think I know what crex is talking about. It's definitely soft...not blurry.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Visuals and gameplay are outstanding. I posted a review of the game some time ago on mobiletechreview.com
Glad to see that the game continues to receive some much-deserved attention
Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Visuals and gameplay are outstanding. I posted a review of the game some time ago on mobiletechreview.com
Glad to see that the game continues to receive some much-deserved attention
Thanks

One thing we're noticing is that journalist reviews are rather better now we've made some changes and the game has had time to settle in. I can't lie, we were quite disappointed with the TouchArcade review and score but they were right about some things, did a great follow up, and also interviewed Rudolf in a Podcast. Kudos where it's due The game is a bit Marmite to be fair.

Previously, I think some reviews were still being affected by the original Steam release (& reviews) which was lovely but less refined and less approachable. That and our lack of auto-save at the time.

We're out on Android now, with a 5 level demo appearing tonight and the press release tomorrow. We're not sure how having a demo will affect things but if you don't experiment you don't learn.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Ok, so since a few of you are fans of the game, can I ask a question?

Next spring or summer we'll be adding a new ambient game mode and some related levels. We're also considering a new Story Mode but that would be an IAP.

This would obviously only be bought by real fans of the game who want more of the same (ish) so we need to find a price which is both fair but allows us to do the actual work and continue supporting Eufloria.

How many levels would you expect?

What level of difficulty compared to the current ones?

How many more one off Arena levels would you like to see?

What price would you pay (if any) for a new content pack?

My suspicion is that new levels would be more strategic, so more like levels 15-25. Does that work for people?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Ok, so since a few of you are fans of the game, can I ask a question?

Next spring or summer we'll be adding a new ambient game mode and some related levels. We're also considering a new Story Mode but that would be an IAP.

This would obviously only be bought by real fans of the game who want more of the same (ish) so we need to find a price which is both fair but allows us to do the actual work and continue supporting Eufloria.

How many levels would you expect?

What level of difficulty compared to the current ones?

How many more one off Arena levels would you like to see?

What price would you pay (if any) for a new content pack?

My suspicion is that new levels would be more strategic, so more like levels 15-25. Does that work for people?

Right off the bat... This game already has quite a bit of content, so personally, I don't expect anything else... But seeing like... Maybe another 8-10 levels would be AWESOME.

Since they're going to be more strategic... The difficulty from stages 15-25 would be perfect, but I also think keeping in the option for the more casual difficulty for them would be a great idea.

Arena levels? I think another 5 would be great... But really, like I said, I think there's already plenty. Arena/skirmish stages are usually only included in groups of around 5-10... So you guys already have enough when compared to other titles....

As for pricing, I think it depends on what all would be included. If you're going to add more Arena stages for free in an update or if you're on,y going to include them in an expansion, or maybe a bit of both... Maybe have some story levels and include a couple more Arena stages but only with the IAP while also adding a couple free arena stages in an update... I dunno... But I'd say you'd probably get more sales if you priced it at around $1.99-$2.99 for 10 new stages. I think pricing based on the story mode levels that are included (like... If we paid full price for JUST the original 25 stages) and then transfer that over to what you add --- 10 levels for $1.99-$2.99 or 25 for another $4.99 or something... Would be the way to go. It just seems like that's close to other pricing models in the AppStore... But then again since you're pretty much on,y expecting real fans of the game to purchase it... When that's the case... I usually expect to get about 1/3 of the original content for the same price as the full game.

Im not saying that this is the best way to go about it... Or that this is what you sold do... It's just my personal opinion. Great Big War Game was kind of the same, including 3 add-on packs, each priced a dollar less than their full game ($1.99 for the expansions next to $2.99 for the game) but they include about 10-15 skirmish stages and an extra unit next to the full game having 50 levels... But that's more focused towards online play....

When it comes right down to it, I'll personally pay whatever I have to whether it be a couple bucks or $5-$10 for more Eufloria content. But I'm one of the people who purchased both the SD and HD versions as well as the PC build simply because I absolutely love this game. I really can't wait to see what you guys add next year! =oD
Old 12-17-2012, 11:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I replay Eufloria quite a lot. More levels would be good, but more depth is really what I'd like now. I play Endless space on the Mac, while on Eufloria I am trying to beat my times and find the last object. The two goals are often incompatible. I think Eufloria is a gateway 4x so it would be nice to see a little more mechanic added to these new levels, just as enhanced seedlings are added later.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

A few bits of news:
  • We've had the game on a sale but we expect to end that shortly so if you want to take advantage of the cheap price, now is the time to do it.
  • We're strongly considering adding more content in the summer (and we've taken note of feedback in this thread). Some would be free, some would be pay for and would be intended purely for fans of the game - we're not shifting to an IAP model, this would be DLC.
  • Android owners *cough* should be getting a significant speed update in the next week or two, at least on recent devices.

In the meantime, we've been playing with some fun ideas for spin off projects & a sequel as well as working on Eufloria Adventures (a sort of rogue-like heading to PSM first).