★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The B.E.A.T. - The Brilliantly Entertaining Acoustic Tapper!

Thousands of hours of rhythmically enticing game play awaits you!

The B.E.A.T. allows you to immerse yourself in YOUR OWN music. Simply select a song from your music library and challenge your reflexes to a race against The B.E.A.T.

Using custom audio processing, The B.E.A.T. adapts uniquely to the rhythm, tempo and beat of the chosen song. Each new song presents an opportunity for new challenge. Only the fastest of fingers will allow you to master over 30 combinations of gameplay. Whether you are a beginner starting out with the easy difficulty or working your way through blackout mode on the most insane of difficulties, novices and veterans alike will find their perfect challenge.

The B.E.A.T. features over 30 combinations of game play experiences :

3 Different Board Types! Play your way through 5 Bars, 8 Bars and 8 Bars Split!

3 Different Game Modes :

Classic - Keep up with The B.E.A.T. and don't let the bars max out!
Endless - Bar size isn't a factor in this endless mode! Play to the song is complete!
Blackout - Put a different spin on the game, is it easier or is it harder when you're field of vision is limited?

5 Difficulty Modes - Ranging from Easy to Insane (and we're not
kidding about that!) there's a difficulty suited for the newest of players through the most veteran beaters!

tiredeyes's comments:
Hi All,

I'd like to introduce you all to Tired Eyes Entertainment's debut game The B.E.A.T. I think you music lovers might really like this one. I've combined simple game play with some pretty nifty audio analysis to allow you to play a rhythm game to the music you already have in your libraries. Check it out! Gamplay video and App Store info below!

02-08-2012, 01:26 PM
the game doesnt seem to play to the rhythm of the song in your trailer. looks like random button pressing......

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!

02-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
the game doesnt seem to play to the rhythm of the song in your trailer. looks like random button pressing......
Thanks for the feedback!!

It may look that way, but it sure doesn't FEEL that way! That's what makes me so excited about this game, it isn't your average "Here is a button, here is a beat, tap it" game. It's more complex then that because music is more complex then that.

The bars grow and light up based on the various frequencies in the song. Very few songs, if any, have just one rhythm or beat playing through out. There is a variety of instruments and sounds that make every song what it is.

Following one beat and tapping to it can fun, but when you have the different frequencies of a song all influencing the game it can really get you feelin it!

The song in the gameplay video may not be everyone's style, but if you try a few rounds to that song you've had bouncing around your head the last few days, you'll get the unique way The B.E.A.T. does things and you won't be disappointed!
02-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Is there a Lite Version planned? I really would like to give it a try but honestly I`m after today really, really broken
02-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Is there a Lite Version planned? I really would like to give it a try but honestly I`m after today really, really broken
LOL! Sanuku ftw!
02-08-2012, 02:25 PM
So basically this is not a "rhythm" game, but more of a arcade- wack a mole that uses your music to make the levels... So it's not about hittin things on time but in time before the bar goes to the top...am I correct?

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
02-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredeyes View Post
The bars grow and light up based on the various frequencies in the song. Very few songs, if any, have just one rhythm or beat playing through out. There is a variety of instruments and sounds that make every song what it is.
This sounds random enough already. Having the game jump between different frequencies will give no sense of rhythm at all. It would probably boil down to 'follow the most prominent frequency at any given time and ignore a instrument'.
02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Looks really good on paper, but after seeing the video i dont think that's a rhythm game at all.
02-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
This sounds random enough already. Having the game jump between different frequencies will give no sense of rhythm at all. It would probably boil down to 'follow the most prominent frequency at any given time and ignore a instrument'.
I seemed to have given the wrong impression, it doesn't "Jump" between different frequencies at all.

When a song is played for the first time it is analyzed to gather information about various elements in the song. Different frequencies in the music track will contribute, independently to the different bars. It affects when they grow, how fast they grow as well as when, and how fast they light up. If there was just 1 bar lighting up to a beat detection algorithm it might come through clearer on the video, but it's 5 bars/8 bars being influenced independently by the different frequencies in the song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius
So basically this is not a "rhythm" game, but more of a arcade- wack a mole that uses your music to make the levels... So it's not about hittin things on time but in time before the bar goes to the top...am I correct?
It is absolutely a rhythm game. Is it what everyone EXPECTS a rhythm game to be? Not at all.

Perhaps my video is at fault here, being soo close to the game and playing it so much has not allowed me to truly see how it is being portrayed. I want to thank you guys for this info, perhaps I will edit another one together.

There's not much more that I can say other than "Try it" if you have your doubts.

Thanks!
02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredeyes View Post
I seemed to have given the wrong impression, it doesn't "Jump" between different frequencies at all.

When a song is played for the first time it is analyzed to gather information about various elements in the song. Different frequencies in the music track will contribute, independently to the different bars. It affects when they grow, how fast they grow as well as when, and how fast they light up. If there was just 1 bar lighting up to a beat detection algorithm it might come through clearer on the video, but it's 5 bars/8 bars being influenced independently by the different frequencies in the song.

It is absolutely a rhythm game. Is it what everyone EXPECTS a rhythm game to be? Not at all.

Perhaps my video is at fault here, being soo close to the game and playing it so much has not allowed me to truly see how it is being portrayed. I want to thank you guys for this info, perhaps I will edit another one together.

There's not much more that I can say other than "Try it" if you have your doubts.

Thanks!
I want to... Is there a light version available? THere has been an outburst of expensive keepers recently and im almost dry, so my last couple purchases have to count.