★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mad Chef is free.

02-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Mad Chef is free.

- Twitter: @awoooooo
- iPhone 5s/ iPad 2/ Touch 2/ iPod nano 1/ iPod classic
- Hockey, iOS, Steam, the city lights at night, expensive coffee, and Netflix: these are a few of my favorite things
02-08-2012, 05:15 PM
yeah i'm gonna try this.. same dev of bug heroes!

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!

02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
This is really excellent! It takes a much different approach to "cooking" then Order Up! does and at least early on, there seems to be less need for grinding (or buying IAP to advance). Thanks for the heads up.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I saw this when it came out... But it kinda just flew under the radar. Might as well give it a shot.

ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.
02-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
This is really excellent! It takes a much different approach to "cooking" then Order Up! does and at least early on, there seems to be less need for grinding (or buying IAP to advance). Thanks for the heads up.
Yep, unfortunately to our detriment, Mad Chef is probably confused with traditional cooking games. Its actually much more of a fast paced, pure action/arcade game with a food theme, as opposed to something like order up, cooing mama, etc.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying it
02-09-2012, 12:40 AM
I was referring to Chillingo's "Order Up!! To Go", which I would classify as an arcade game, like Mad Chef. While I really like Chillingo's game, it became a grind-fest (in the interest in selling IAP) to me and grew stale. I guess I just prefer the model of paying a reasonable upfront fee and avoiding IAP, but I understand it is getting hard to get folks to even pay a buck now for games.

To get back on topic: everybody download Mad Chef!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-09-2012, 02:23 PM
I bought this when it came out, and it's a good game, kind of similar to fruit ninja, but with way more depth. IAP implementation is great and you wont even know it's there.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Also enjoyed the game, but don't have it on my iPod Touch at this point, mainly because it expands to like 3X it's size (and, being the impatient person I am, there were other games I wanted). Worthwhile picking it up though if you have the space!
02-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Crazy fun! Must get game that's real simple and real fun. It is almost like an Adultswim game.
02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
You need to get this! I bought it on day one and have really enjoyed it. Great work from Foursaken as usual.