★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: LorenzoAC7
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 30.0 MB
  • Version: 1.21
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: VIDEO:
http://www.facebook.com/v/2689950010575

This update expands on the concept of the shop from the last version and adds easier access, plus other features. As a reminder, the shop is place where you can buy power-ups, and a new dog with the bones you have collected.

Power-ups can now be equipped in-game, which means no more going back and forth to and from the shop to get your items. Collect a lot of bones, and you can buy as many power-ups as you want and strategically equip them later when you need them.

IALU, meaning field of dreams in Egyptian, is a "run-and-dodge" type game for the iOS platforms. This challenging game will put your reaction skills to the test as you control a dog chasing a fairy in his not-so-peaceful dream. Dash through five beautiful dream stages, and try to avoid many dangerous obstacles along the way!

Any and all feedback will be read and suggestions, including new features, will be taken into consideration for the next update. Remember, this is YOUR game too, so feel free to voice your opinion!

Enjoy,
LC.

Check out the FB page facebook.com/ialuthegame for more screens and game videos

lorenzoac7's comments:
Hey what's up guys I just released my first game, hopefully you guys can give me some good feedback on what to change in the next version. Here's the link to my app:
http://http://itunes.apple.com/us/ap...8975?ls=1&mt=8

Thank you guys so much!

02-08-2012, 10:33 PM
H3TP4YFWWY7J taken...

thanks!

02-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I grabbed one of the codes - thank you!

Now, feedback:

I can't stand the noise the game makes when the points are counting up at the end of a run.

The shaking mechanic just doesn't work for me. I can't see the screen when I'm shaking, I don't know when to stop shaking, etc. It's only by accident that I got past the very first obstacles using the dash. I would really appreciate some other control method.

Bizarrely, I haven't got past the stone on the second island of the first level. The collision box for that is a lot larger than the graphic (in the top left corner, anyway), and jumping too high makes me sploosh into the water behind it.

Oh, the menu (when the buttons fly out from behind the icon) always lags for me.

I think for a first game, this is a damn good effort - and certainly better than I could do. I really dig the art, and I'll keep it around to see how the updates change the game.

Did I mention that I love the art?

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
02-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I grabbed one of the codes - thank you!

Now, feedback:

I can't stand the noise the game makes when the points are counting up at the end of a run.

The shaking mechanic just doesn't work for me. I can't see the screen when I'm shaking, I don't know when to stop shaking, etc. It's only by accident that I got past the very first obstacles using the dash. I would really appreciate some other control method.

Bizarrely, I haven't got past the stone on the second island of the first level. The collision box for that is a lot larger than the graphic (in the top left corner, anyway), and jumping too high makes me sploosh into the water behind it.

Oh, the menu (when the buttons fly out from behind the icon) always lags for me.

I think for a first game, this is a damn good effort - and certainly better than I could do. I really dig the art, and I'll keep it around to see how the updates change the game.

Did I mention that I love the art?
Wow that was great feedback lol

This IS a REALLY challenging game. It is very hard to beat. I had two options when designing the game, make it an infinite game, or make it finite. Personally, I like finishing a game rather than just getting high scores, so I went with that. Of course, I wasn't going to make this game easy either, so what I did was design everything to be really hard,almost impossible to beat, and made it slightly easier than that. It WILL drive you nuts, so this game isn't for everybody, but when you beat each stage like me and my friends have, you will feel a lot of satisfaction.

I understand your frustration with the shaking mechanism, and I was on the edge about it too, but didn't want to take it off because I wanted to hear some feedback on it.

I'm going out on a limb here and say that you are using game center which means that game center loads when you turn the game on. When you log on to game center, the device lags... Sorry about that, but every game I've played it's been the same. It's only for a split second.

I'll check the rock boundaries again, but you should be able to pass that with ease after a few tries. And if you keep playing, seldom will you lose there.

Thanks for playing, if you have any more feedbacks let me know!
02-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoac7 View Post
Wow that was great feedback lol

This IS a REALLY challenging game. It is very hard to beat. I had two options when designing the game, make it an infinite game, or make it finite. Personally, I like finishing a game rather than just getting high scores, so I went with that. Of course, I wasn't going to make this game easy either, so what I did was design everything to be really hard,almost impossible to beat, and made it slightly easier than that. It WILL drive you nuts, so this game isn't for everybody, but when you beat each stage like me and my friends have, you will feel a lot of satisfaction.

I understand your frustration with the shaking mechanism, and I was on the edge about it too, but didn't want to take it off because I wanted to hear some feedback on it.

I'm going out on a limb here and say that you are using game center which means that game center loads when you turn the game on. When you log on to game center, the device lags... Sorry about that, but every game I've played it's been the same. It's only for a split second.

I'll check the rock boundaries again, but you should be able to pass that with ease after a few tries. And if you keep playing, seldom will you lose there.

Thanks for playing, if you have any more feedbacks let me know!
I can't comment on the overall difficulty, since I'm not very far, but I've been trying lots on the rock part and it's quite annoying. I seem to be crashing just to the left of the top-left edge of the rock, before I actually hit the graphic itself.

I AM using GameCenter, and I've learned to ignore the initial lag, but the same happens if I press the menu button after a run - exactly the same.

Could you explain the shaking to those that are thick like me?
From what I understand, each shake fills up the bar somewhat, and holding the phone still or filling up the bar releases the dash. Is that right?

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
02-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
I can't comment on the overall difficulty, since I'm not very far, but I've been trying lots on the rock part and it's quite annoying. I seem to be crashing just to the left of the top-left edge of the rock, before I actually hit the graphic itself.

I AM using GameCenter, and I've learned to ignore the initial lag, but the same happens if I press the menu button after a run - exactly the same.

Could you explain the shaking to those that are thick like me?
From what I understand, each shake fills up the bar somewhat, and holding the phone still or filling up the bar releases the dash. Is that right?
Okay, as soon as you get the dash bolt, the HUD at the top left will turn into a bolt, at that point you can start shaking your device, and the bar will start to fill up the more you shake until it fills up entirely, or until a certain amount of time has passed, and then it doesnt matter whether you keep shaking or not, the bar will go down and you will see the dog "catch fire."

A tip on the rock is to follow the bones right before you jump (and throughout the game), they are there as a guide. Also, keep in mind that the longer you tap, the higher the dog will jump, and vice-versa. So, if you hold it for too long right before you get to the rock area, it'll be impossible to clear the rock. You must time your jump BEFORE you reach the rock area (following the bones) so that you can have a shot at clearing the rock, and AFTER you land so that you don't tap too hard and splash in the water. I hope that helps. I'm fixing the other stuff as we speak
02-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Bummer. All codes gone. And only one left a claimed comment. Looks good. Will try and get it later. Hope to hear good things soon
02-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3TAL1AT3 View Post
Bummer. All codes gone. And only one left a claimed comment. Looks good. Will try and get it later. Hope to hear good things soon
Two! I got the very last code.

02-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Two! I got the very last code.
Darn... beaten to it. Well, hope to see your impressions Echo7
02-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3TAL1AT3 View Post
Darn... beaten to it. Well, hope to see your impressions Echo7

Well I've posted a few already, but here's a more succinct version:

Love the art, game plays similar to The Impossible Game in that it's pretty difficult. The shaking mechanic is the biggest no-go for me, but it's workable.
Have I mentioned the art? It's good.

I would say it's a tentative recommendation from me. Can't recommend it outright, but I keep coming back to it and getting better every time.