★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

End Complacency Over Lack of Game Center!

02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
End Complacency Over Lack of Game Center!

Does this game have Game Center Leaderboards/Achievements?

I didn't see it in the description or in the video.

Thanks,

Don

240,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: donnydj76
Let's go Yankees!
02-08-2012, 01:10 PM
After watching the gameplay video, I can honestly say that it looks a lot more fun than I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
Does this game have Game Center Leaderboards/Achievements?
Seconded!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

02-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It is a lot of fun. I started playing it and i was at work but couldnt stop myself from stealing time to play a bit of Diggin Dogs. Hahahaha!

Looks to be the casual game of the week for me!
So are there GC achievements?

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Unforch, no. There's only Crystal Leaderboards.
Man, Chillingo has been dropping the ball on enforcing/encouraging devs to add Game Center support.

I think I'm going to have to pass on this one out of spite.

02-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Man, Chillingo has been dropping the ball on enforcing/encouraging devs to add Game Center support.

I think I'm going to have to pass on this one out of spite.
Well the bigger that Chillingo gets, and they are already pretty huge, the less they need to use GC for exposure etc. and the easier it is to use their own Crystal network, promote and expand on it. I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon. I certainly don't mind Crystal but the addition of GC would really be appreciated as that is my preferred account.

Favorite developers: Grumpyface, Michael Brough, Rocketcat, Donut Games, Nitrome, Orange Pixel, Radiangames, Llamasoft (come back!)
02-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
Well the bigger that Chillingo gets, and they are already pretty huge, the less they need to use GC for exposure etc. and the easier it is to use their own Crystal network, promote and expand on it. I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon. I certainly don't mind Crystal but the addition of GC would really be appreciated as that is my preferred account.
Yeah, this is why I wish Game Center was standardized. If it comes down to Chillingo expandig and not caring anymore, they can expect no more buys from me. There are plenty of other devs/publishers that deserve my time.

Chillingo has a couple big games that have been announced, so I'm eager to see if they include GC.

02-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Yeah, this is why I wish Game Center was standardized. If it comes down to Chillingo expandig and not caring anymore, they can expect no more buys from me. There are plenty of other devs/publishers that deserve my time.

Chillingo has a couple big games that have been announced, so I'm eager to see if they include GC.
I definitely see your point however the inclusion of GC is certainly not a deal breaker for me. I just want a fun game to play, if it has GC, even better! Chillingo has actually been very good about still including it in their games recently too for the most part. Considering they are now owned by EA which made me nervous, Chillingo is actually still a great publisher and consistently releases quality titles.

Favorite developers: Grumpyface, Michael Brough, Rocketcat, Donut Games, Nitrome, Orange Pixel, Radiangames, Llamasoft (come back!)
02-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
I definitely see your point however the inclusion of GC is certainly not a deal breaker for me. I just want a fun game to play, if it has GC, even better! Chillingo has actually been very good about still including it in their games recently too for the most part. Considering they are now owned by EA which made me nervous, Chillingo is actually still a great publisher and consistently releases quality titles.
Nah, I have to put my foot down because they can do it--almost positive that they can.

There are plenty of great games, so I don't need to support Chillingo if they can't include GC.

Like I said, it should be standardized. Plus, with the amount of games that are released on a weekly basis, GC means quite a bit to me.

I have no problem with other ppl supporting them, but I won't buy any games that don't have it. I also don't buy EA games anymore.

I've graduated from no achievements more than once when you consider all the platforms I've played on. I've even graduated from Crystal and Open Feint since being on iOS. I really don't want to regress.

I'm just over it. I'll ask if a game has GC. If it doesn't I'll decide to pass or not. I'll also ask if it's planned for the near future.

/rant rambler

02-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
The lack of GC is not a deal breaker for me either.

However I really think that Apple should make GC integration a requirement. A solid and integrated social gaming network would make iOS games even more appealing.

Right now there is a mess: games that require Facebook, or Crystal, or GameCenter, or OpenFeint, or developer's own approach or even more than one at once, like PokerPal (a great game that poorly uses its own approach along with Crystal and GC - multiple devices don't work properly).

We're losing. It'd would be great to have a single network like e.g. the PS3.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
The lack of GC is not a deal breaker for me either.
Lack of GC isn't an end all deal breaker for me either. I've bought plenty of games over the past month that don't include it due to really wanting the game or after being somewhat reassured that dev is working on adding it.

However, a line has to be drawn in the sand somewhere. I think a good place is starting with Chillingo. This is a publisher that has been known to include Game center in all of their games, so i'll let them know that the few that don't have it will not receive my money.

I also don't want them to start a trend of this and then smaller devs no longer try to include GC. Also, I don't want all the devs that decide to pair of with Chillingo to not not include GC.

Like I said before I've graduated from no achievements multiple times, and I really, really don't want to regress. Plus, this is iOS, so there are plenty of other games to occupy my time until measure are taken.

Also, Chillingo has two huge titles scheduled and I would be really disappointed if they don't include GC.

Just add standardizing Game Center to the list of things I'd like Apple to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
A solid and integrated social gaming network would make iOS games even more appealing.
This is exactly what I'm wanting. Maybe I'm asking for too much coming from Xbox and Xbox live, but I don't think I really am. I think it's more so some devs not seeing the potential and Apple not caring.

*Anyways, I'm done ranting. I just wanted to make it known that my reason wasn't as simple as no GC being this ultimate deal breaker.

Enjoy the game people!

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 02-08-2012 at 08:17 PM.