iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
(if you use continues, you're doing it wrong
haha... totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
I don't think hori shooters work as well as verts on a touch screen, either... I don't know, it just feels a bit more awkward reaching in from the side to control the ship, and I seem to end up obscuring important bits of the action a lot more often. But still, Christ, the music, the art design, the way the game works... despite the flaws, I totally don't regret paying a premium for this. Glorious stuff.
and again... agree agree agree!!! Probably would have felt good paying a good $20-$25 for this one... considering all the extras it has compared to the PSP version...

Then again, I consider my iPod an actual gaming device... and bought my iPad 2 as a gaming 'console' - instead of buying an XBOX 360 or PS3...

So now when a game that's 'priced high' comes along... I really don't have a problem with it... and generally see it as a great deal, especially when other versions of the game are selling for 2x or more of the iOS price...

Anyway... FANTASTIC game...

and I'm not too sure about the crashes... it's weird... I did a hard reset, cleared the multitasking bar, deleted, and re-downloaded...

running iOS 5.01, have got 17 GB of free space (I've had games crash if I have less than 6GB of free space, and not crash if I clear up some space...) - and have NEVER JB my iPod... and did a restore on my device before upgrading to iOS 5.01 from 4.3.3...

I don't see why it would be a problem only on the higher GB devices... but it's strange that both of your 8GB Pods aren't experiencing the end of game crash...
Old 02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
There is no iAP and the Assault ship is unlocked from the start. I hope they add DLC to this in updates.

In fact, more than DLC I hope Taito ports G-Darius to iOS at some point!
G-Darius is quite possibly the coolest shooter ever. A revamped iPhone version of that game with juiced up graphics would be worth 20 dollars easy.

Dariusburst looks fantastic. I am waiting it out for a sale, but I don't know how long I can make it
Old 02-12-2012, 01:53 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

After playing it, and reading about how much extra work went into this one... Had no problem shelling out the $10.... Again, really, with all the extras... Would have felt great paying $20-$25 for it...
Old 02-12-2012, 02:08 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

To clarify, if it helps - I have not beaten the game on Normal at all, as I'm trying to 1CC it (and I have other things to play/be doing as well ). But I did beat it on the default easy settings, and my iPod did not crash at any point, nor have I had the game crash at any time since then even though I haven't got another ending.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:27 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

@eightrooks & syntheticvoid:
i credit-fed through each route on original and sp modes, because i wanted to unlock stuff before seriously attempting 1CC. Seen the endings at least 8 times, no crashes, luckily!

As regards to practice for bosses (which are the main bulk of the challenge, in my opinion), mission mode definitely is where it's at- some missions are specific boss encounters, set to particular difficulties. Mirage Castle on normal is definitely in there. You pick a ship, then start fully powered up, at 16x multiplier, then go at it. But awesomely, you only have a single life...

Again on the topic of bosses, which do you guys think is the coolest? I was all about Mirage Castle, but i think Heavy Jaw wins it.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:24 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The crashes (iPad 1) are almost killing this for me now. I've completed pretty much every final letter in both modes and I haven't even unlocked the ship that you unlock for completing ONE run through, because it crashes out at the end of every completion. I don't see the "enter your name" bit, it crashes before that even appears.

Hard reset, blah blah blah, not jailbroken. 64gb, though - is there a theory about large memory being an issue? If so, WHAT THE F?

And the orientation. Yeah, I mentioned it before but COME ON!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:41 PM

To 1CC this game, is it assumed only 3 lives and not 4 or 5?
Old 02-12-2012, 04:52 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
To 1CC this game, is it assumed only 3 lives and not 4 or 5?
Since you can change the number of lives and continuing is the same as using another life (multipliers lost but power ups and progress retained, I think it's probably only fair to qualify that you 1cc with more lives if you change the setting. I think most people would assume 3 lives though technically it just means no continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusT_HounD View Post
Again on the topic of bosses, which do you guys think is the coolest? I was all about Mirage Castle, but i think Heavy Jaw wins it.
Dark Helios is probably my current favorite, and I like his ending too.

Last edited by Royce; 02-12-2012 at 04:54 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 04:53 PM

Just completed Mission 3-1. Sheesh...how many stages do some of these missions have?!? Great fun tho - finally beat the snake without dying.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:10 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

@gregB: when selecting a mission, if you hold your finger on the button itself, at the bottom of the screen, it'll tell you what is in that mission.

@Royce: Dark Helios is especially cool if you know the back story of it, regarding Syvalion. It's the little touches that they've added in to this game that i really like.

Also, if anyone was wondering why some of the boss designs look kind of gundam-esque, it's because two of the designers from Gundam 00 were brought in to do them.