Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-07-2012, 03:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Just played a few games over the past few days, and am impressed by this game. I haven't gotten this immersed into a strategy game in quite some time. It's really quite difficult to find good turn based strategy games out there these days, especially on the iOS.

Nevertheless, I feel like this game lacks depth, and once you've played a few games, I feel like there's nothing else to do or see. But hey, for three bucks I can't complain.

One strategy I've been using even on higher difficulties is this: make a rush for turrets. Once you can construct a turret or two, the game becomes much easier. You can scout an area and kill all the zombies in it in one turn, making significantly less work for your survivors. On my last game, I played on the second highest difficulty, and was starting to lose when I finally got my first turret constructed. I managed to stave off the zombies long enough to get a second turret built, and then I just started reclaiming squares at a very rapid pace. Eventually I got so many turrets build that my danger never went above about 5%, even when most of my survivors were not defending the fort.

Great game, but I feel like I've played it out. Are there any games similar to this, or perhaps even any good turn based strategy games that anyone would recommend?
Old 11-07-2012, 04:13 PM
iPad

Yeah, I thought it was an excellent game, but I really had no interest in playing it more than once.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:51 PM
iPad

Sequel announced, for 2014!

Maybe the sequel will have the same great gameplay with more variety and replayability.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
Sequel announced, for 2014!

Maybe the sequel will have the same great gameplay with more variety and replayability.
That's great news! Loved Rebuild but played it through twice, the second time after the update. The soundtrack gives me chills.