★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Orchestra: anyone tried this?

05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Orchestra: anyone tried this?

You play as the "director" (should it be conductor?) or the "violinist". The list of classical music is good

Link:
http://appshopper.com/games/orchestra

Anyone tried? The video has not shown how you miss or hit in the game. BTW, it would look very funny to play in public...

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
05-11-2009, 08:47 PM
If you call Tchaikovsky good. Yuck
It looks like fun but all these music games make me feel like I'd rather be playing a real instrument.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

05-11-2009, 08:49 PM
So basically a classical song plays and you wave your phone/ipod touch around frantically in the air making it seem like you are a conductor, when the motion actually does nothing?
No thanks...
05-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
It looks like fun but all these music games make me feel like I'd rather be playing a real instrument.
What''s wrong with Tchaikovsky? Him, a bit a Chopin, a bit a Beethoven, a bit a Bach, and you got a classical orgy going on. Them's the greats.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
05-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamando View Post
What''s wrong with Tchaikovsky? Him, a bit a Chopin, a bit a Beethoven, a bit a Bach, and you got a classical orgy going on. Them's the greats.
You can keep your Bach, too. Bo-ring. Beethoven, however, is the master. I would totally be in an orgy with Beethoven.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
Oh come on just listen to the first 2 and a half minutes of this and if that's not beautiful then I don't know what is:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Anyway, I haven't tried this app but to be honest it looks really bad...
05-11-2009, 09:08 PM
I appreciate Tchaikovsky in the same way I appreciate Walt Whitman. They are gay heroes for their accomplishments, just not my cup o' tea.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFonePhanatic View Post
So basically a classical song plays and you wave your phone/ipod touch around frantically in the air making it seem like you are a conductor, when the motion actually does nothing?
No thanks...
That's wrong, actually when you wave/move your iphone/ipod touch it will capture your movements with the accelerometer