★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Towers N' Trolls Announcement

02-10-2012, 12:03 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 18
Towers N' Trolls Announcement

Ember Entertainment is pleased to present a new kind of Tower Defense game.

Defend your kingdom from invading troll hordes in Towers N’ Trolls, the addictive quick-to-learn but difficult-to-master Tower Defense game, combining fast-paced arcade action with quick-thinking strategy.

Towers N’ Trolls features beautifully hand-painted environments and playful, light-hearted monsters from the Age of Fantasy.

Build and upgrade your defenses strategically to keep the monsters from reaching your castles. Employ ballistas, catapults, cannons, ice and lightning towers, even exploding powder kegs and noxious gas clouds to stop the trolls! Towers N’ Trolls updates the Tower Defense mechanic with active gameplay to keep you engaged and at the edge of your seat! With multiple difficulty levels, you can enjoy the experience as you like it, from Casual mode to Brutal, depending on your threshold for pain.

Brought to you by the creators of the console hits, "Toy Soldiers" and "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance"

Be sure to Follow everything TnT related on Facebook as we march toward release.

https://www.facebook.com/TowersNTrolls

Towers N' Trolls will be available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch on February 23rd!













Look for more updates and a full web site coming soon!

Last edited by EmberEntertainment; 02-15-2012 at 04:34 PM.
02-10-2012, 05:25 AM
#2
From what little the screenshots reveal, it looks rather traditional. It also looks mighty pretty

What are the mechanisms that make for "fast-paced arcade action" and makes this "a new kind of Tower Defense game"?

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

02-10-2012, 08:56 AM
#3
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,030
Looks great. Please say it will have Game Center?
Is there an actual release date yet?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
02-10-2012, 10:47 AM
#4
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
Looks great. Please say it will have Game Center?
Is there an actual release date yet?
Yep it definitely has Game Center support.
No official release date yet as we just submitted to apple a few days ago. As soon as they approve and we know the date I'll be sure to post it on here as well as other sites. I imagine it would be within a week (knocking on wood)
02-10-2012, 10:49 AM
#5
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
From what little the screenshots reveal, it looks rather traditional. It also looks mighty pretty

What are the mechanisms that make for "fast-paced arcade action" and makes this "a new kind of Tower Defense game"?
Regarding the fast paced action. I'd say the major things that make it different there are the fact that the waves/enemy movement speed is just way faster than most Tower Defense games. You don't have time to wait around for long periods and carefully ponder what you are going to do next.

Also the quick weapons in the bottom right corner definitely add a more action-y feel to the game.

Additionally the enemy wave composition is randomized for each level which means replaying the same level can feel different each time. The same is true of what the enemies drop when they die whether it be more health or a variety of gems that let you purchase more quick weapons if you run out of them. The loot is random too.
02-10-2012, 04:25 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmberEntertainment View Post
Regarding the fast paced action. I'd say the major things that make it different there are the fact that the waves/enemy movement speed is just way faster than most Tower Defense games. You don't have time to wait around for long periods and carefully ponder what you are going to do next.

Also the quick weapons in the bottom right corner definitely add a more action-y feel to the game.

Additionally the enemy wave composition is randomized for each level which means replaying the same level can feel different each time. The same is true of what the enemies drop when they die whether it be more health or a variety of gems that let you purchase more quick weapons if you run out of them. The loot is random too.
None of that sounds novel enough to actually result in a "new kind of Tower Defense game" (though, as I generally prefer deeper strategic gameplay, I am in no way a TD expert. I have come across each of those mechanics in TD games before, but admittedly never in the same game). But it does sound like the game will be very fun, and it really is very very pretty, so I'll be looking forward to it

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
02-10-2012, 04:28 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
Looks great. Please say it will have Game Center?
Is there an actual release date yet?
LOL! Yeah, I've been asking this question a lot more lately too.

---------

This game looks awesome! I just hope it isn't set up like Spice Invaders. I'm also digging random loot drops.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-10-2012, 04:30 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
None of that sounds novel enough to actually result in a "new kind of Tower Defense game" (though, as I generally prefer deeper strategic gameplay, I am in no way a TD expert. I have come across each of those mechanics in TD games before, but admittedly never in the same game). But it does sound like the game will be very fun, and it really is very very pretty, so I'll be looking forward to it
Has there been random loot drops on an iOS TD?

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-10-2012, 04:46 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Has there been random loot drops on an iOS TD?
I can't think of any. Looking forward to this. Hopefully won't be too long getting approved.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
02-15-2012, 07:08 AM
#10
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,030
Any news when this will hit the store?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106