★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Big Bad Sudoku Book on sale now!

02-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Big Bad Sudoku Book on sale now!

I've lowered the price on Big Bad Sudoku Book to .99 cents (USA price). Don't know how long I'll leave it there so get it while you can. (The normal price has been $2.99.)

We are in the labs putting the finishing touches on version 3, which we believe will make it the best Sudoku game out there. Version 3 should be available later this month and will add several smaller features that users have requested, plus a couple of bigger features that we're keeping under wraps until it's ready.

Big Bad Sudoku Book is a universal app for iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads.

Last edited by badweasel; 02-10-2012 at 12:58 PM.
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badweasel View Post
I've lowered the price on Big Bad Sudoku Book to .99 cents (USA price). Don't know how long I'll leave it there so get it while you can. (The normal price has been $2.99.)

We are in the labs putting the finishing touches on version 3, which we believe will make it the best Sudoku game out there. Version 3 should be available later this month and will add several smaller features that users have requested, plus a couple of bigger features that we're keeping under wraps until it's ready.

Big Bad Sudoku Book is a universal app for iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads.
I personally like the UI of BBSB better than any other Sudoku app I have played. I anchor the ring in the lower right hand corner, and it is super easy to place pen or pencil marks merely by touching the number or the the little gold nib. Everyone else has a separate number line for pen and pencil so multiple touches are needed. Also, if you change back and forth from auto pencil to manual, all the old pencil marks are still there, and the competition erases all the old pencil marks if you decide to turn off auto pencil marks.

I'll be looking forward to version 3! I really liked the 50 challenges that were there. I think that having something goal oriented is always a good thing (probably why achievements are so popular)...
The only thing I still can't figure is that I find solving the "hard" puzzles the hardest, and the expert and insane are easier for me...

Anyways, a great version of Sudoku.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

02-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Agreed. I've tried several Sudoku apps and this one is my favorite.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
02-10-2012, 05:49 PM

Wow, it's interesting to see a dev still working in an all that's been out for a while, it's been quite a bit since the last update, but hey.... A new update is always welcome!
02-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Pluto6 you have been a long time supporter. Thanks for the nice words. 2011 was an interesting year - both personally and professionally. There was a lot of plotting and planning but nothing new hit the store. We hope to do a LOT more in 2012. I want to finally get this version out the door so I can start on the next game.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this sort of tease.. and later I'll do something more official. But to give you an sneak peek of what version 3 will bring... The campaign mode has been replaced with Puzzle Books, so that we can have many many 'campaigns'. Visually, we are introducing themes, which means you'll be able to switch out the look of the game at any time, even mid-puzzle. Then scores.. we are launching our own cloud based leader board and backup system.. wow I said too much...

I'm working on finishing touches this weekend and hope to be releasing v3 mid-February.
02-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Badweasel-
It all sounds very exciting! I wish you well! I tried to buy it in Itunes- yes, it shows it on sale for .99- but it says it is being modified. Have been trying for awhile- I really like Sudoku and want to give your app a whirl. I haven't been impressed w/ most of the Sudoku apps, other than "enjoy Sudoku."
Looking forward to your work.
02-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Anyone else have trouble buying this? I've tried all day with no luck.
02-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl View Post
That is troublesome! Can you email me a screenshot of what you are seeing so I can ask Apple about it? email it to support@badweasel.com

I really would like to know if anyone else is having that same issue.
02-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I have to know, is there an active timer that ticks down in this game ?

I played another sudoku take but the timer is very distracting!
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badweasel View Post
That is troublesome! Can you email me a screenshot of what you are seeing so I can ask Apple about it? email it to support@badweasel.com

I really would like to know if anyone else is having that same issue.
This has been a common problem in iTunes for the past few days. When an app gets a temporary price change they can get stuck in "this item is being modified" and no one can download. It's happened to many apps recently.