★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
View Poll Results: Which are your fav game modes? (can pick multiple)
War 3 50.00%
Survive 1 16.67%
Bombs 3 50.00%
Split 1 16.67%
Eat 4 66.67%
Classic 1 16.67%
I don't like any of the modes 0 0%
I haven't played the game. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll
App description: Taking inspiration from classic games of the past and fusing them with explosive graphics, intense, powerful music and Accelerometer tilt controls, we get Hyper Snake!

Climb to the top of the online scoreboards, competing against players across the world over six challenging and addictive game modes:

- War
Use your tail to obliterate waves of enemies and devour cells to extend your life time.

- Survive
Battle against the clock, consuming cells to extend your tail and life time. Match multiple colors in sequence to increase your multiplier and boost your score.

- Bombs
All edible cells have become bombs, use them wisely to defend yourself agains waves of enemy cells.

- Split
Smash your way through giant cells in this Asteroid inspired mode. Use your head to break down enemies into bite size chunks and go against the clock to survive as long as possible.

- Eat
If Snake and Pac Man had their code infused this would be the result. Consume cells and evade waves of enemies. Be on the look out for special cyan cells, which gives you untold hunger, striking your enemies with fear for a short period and making you invulnerable.

- Classic
Classic Snake fused with tilt control and explosive visuals. Consume and grow, see how long you can get, and how high a score you can achieve.


"Hyper Snake is a already a keeper and probably the current king of the iOS snake games" - TouchArcade.com

"A must-have game thats only likely to get bigger and better with updates." - iFanzine.com

Compatible with iPhone/iPod Touch 3GS/4/4S and iPad 2.

Gabrien's comments:



Game Trailer:

02-10-2012, 08:18 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,146
Game Impressions

Quite simply outstanding. Classic yet inventive at the same time. Technically flawless. This game should come pre-installed with every iDevice sold. Until that happens just buy a copy.

02-10-2012, 10:18 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,185
It looks really good. Unfortunately my itunes credit has been assaulted by recent sales and app releases leaving only a couple bucks for Pizza vs. Skeleton and Adventure Bar.

As soon as I can get another itunes card (hopefully this weekend) this will take top priority as it looks to be Tilt to Live with different mechanics.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
02-10-2012, 11:51 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,164
Damn it, Gabrien, I always feel obligated to buy games you review positively!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

Last edited by CzarCastic; 02-10-2012 at 11:54 PM.
02-11-2012, 12:24 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Damn it, Gabrien, I always feel obligated to buy games you review positively!
Hopefully that means I rarely steer you the wrong way?
02-11-2012, 12:26 AM
#6
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: The last time zone for iOS game releases :(
Posts: 1,967
Gabrien,
How is the control scheme? Since I really never played snake games, can you give some idea on how it plays?
02-11-2012, 12:43 AM
#7
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Gabrien,
How is the control scheme? Since I really never played snake games, can you give some idea on how it plays?
Control is tilt. Basically the same as Tilt to Live. If you've played that game expect the exact same controls/feel here.

Edit: P.S. Just to clarify, in traditional Snake games you only move in four directions; here, you have free movement (again, as in Tilt to Live.) Traditional Snake gameplay is only one of six modes though, with each one being varied, interesting, and inventive. The app info explains them all.

Last edited by Gabrien; 02-11-2012 at 12:49 AM.
02-11-2012, 01:16 AM
#8
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: The last time zone for iOS game releases :(
Posts: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Control is tilt. Basically the same as Tilt to Live. If you've played that game expect the exact same controls/feel here.

Edit: P.S. Just to clarify, in traditional Snake games you only move in four directions; here, you have free movement (again, as in Tilt to Live.) Traditional Snake gameplay is only one of six modes though, with each one being varied, interesting, and inventive. The app info explains them all.
Thank you Gabrien, will have listen to you as always . thank you for the info.
02-11-2012, 03:20 AM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Damn it, Gabrien, I always feel obligated to buy games you review positively!
Same here, you hypnotizing bastage!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-11-2012, 07:10 AM
#10
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Quite simply outstanding. Classic yet inventive at the same time. Technically flawless. This game should come pre-installed with every iDevice sold. Until that happens just buy a copy.
Hey there, I made this game and just wanted to say reading this post made my day Thanks for your kind words.

Last edited by Red1; 02-11-2012 at 08:12 PM.