Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 04:58 AM

Default Razor Salvation by Blowfish Studios [Siegecraft Developer]

Facebook Game:

http://apps.facebook.com/razor_salvation

The Code for Team Touch Arcade is 882153126

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

As commander of the dropship "Salvation", you are tasked with rescuing Earth's inhabitants and helping with the EDSF defence effort.

Razor Salvation is the first instalment in a series of games that will take the player along the story of the Xenos and why they have invaded our planet Earth.

Features:
  • DYNAMIC COVER-BASED AI -Enemies exhibit different strategies and duck in and out of cover. Dynamic objects can be blasted around the level and the enemy will continue to find cover behind them! Shoot the Xenos, protect the civilians! Or leave them alone and watch the infected eat them...
  • FIRST PERSON "BEACH HEAD" DEFENCE - Use the classic FPS weapons like grenade launcher, rocket launcher and railgun. Access to awesome specials like the Redeemer!
  • IPAD 3 RETINA - Full 2048 x 1536 resolution real-time 3D and 2D UI graphics.
  • CONSOLE GRADE GRAPHICS - Specular bump mapped textures and full-screen pixel effects for all devices down to iPhone 3GS.
  • PLAYER CREATED FACTIONS - Create your own factions with friends and fight together to be the top performing Faction in the world!
  • FIGHT FOR YOUR REGION - Help your world region to the top of the rankings!
  • UNIQUE LEADERBOARD TITLES - Be the best shooter or savior and show off with the ability to be at the top!
Quote:
Well we've had a very busy last few months, what with the SIEGECRAFT launch on iOS and Android, the holiday season and then moving into a new studio. The Blowfish team has also been very busy working on a new game! And we are ready to show a little to any blog readers

So here it is,...
RAZOR SALVATION!

Quote:
SALVATION is the first episode in a series of games that will tell the story of a group of people who survive "First Contact" and then go on to help with humankind's defence against the Xenos. Each game in the series will progress the story line and be a slightly different game to the others in the series.

In SALVATION you play as a faceless hero, attempting to rescue as many of your fellow citizens as you can. This is a "beach head" style defence game, where you have first person control over a variety of weapons. The environment is fully destructible and the Xenos will make use of cover, both pre-defined and dynamic.

Quote:
The RAZOR series will feature state of the art graphics and extremely addictive game play. SALVATION is lucky to have two extra awesome contributors. My old mentor, Russel Bartley, who is Lead Programmer on this title and was Lead Physics Programmer for Star Wars: Force Unleashed for Wii. And Tim Grant who is best known for his character skins in Dystopia and Blade Symphony by Puny Human Games. These two guys are helping to make SALVATION into an all out offense on your gaming senses! We'll also be announcing who is looking after our music soon too, and his stuff is perfectly suited in awesomeness for the game

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-14-2012 at 05:51 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 09:30 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow, the game looks fantastic! It's awesome to know its by Blowfish Studios as well.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:04 PM
iPhone 5

Last edited by ben_at_blowfishstudios; 02-22-2012 at 11:08 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

This looks great o. O can't wait.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 AM
iPhone 5

The Xenos use their alien technology just like us humans and sometimes create standalone machines.

Here is some of the concept art we created to create the Xenos reconnaissance drone:

And here is a video capture of the in-game model:

Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Wow, missed this one but it looks great! Awesome graphics and animations
Old 02-27-2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_at_blowfishstudios View Post
The Xenos use their alien technology just like us humans and sometimes create standalone machines.

And here is a video capture of the in-game model:
YouTube: video
Looks nice so far but how about the Story Part?

Don`t get me wrong, your Game has been so far a really great Game but as far as I can tell from my Perspective I'm expecting much more in this Case then just another Siegecraft in Space Title.

Looking forward to see more Content about the first Part of the Razor Galaxy...
Old 02-28-2012, 03:21 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Looks nice so far but how about the Story Part?

Don`t get me wrong, your Game has been so far a really great Game but as far as I can tell from my Perspective I'm expecting much more in this Case then just another Siegecraft in Space Title.

Looking forward to see more Content about the first Part of the Razor Galaxy...
Hi Sanuku, those points are fair. I can say this game is in no way similar to Siegecraft and both games will continue to be developed and updated. (BTW Siegecraft Egyptians free update is still undergoing development)

The Razor series is going to be focussed on FPS and TPS style games. Each game in the series will experience a slight change-up in gameplay so that if a person plays through all the games they will have a collection of different games that can each be enjoyed without feeling "samey".

We have already nailed down the first 3 gameplay types and how each will progress the Razor story, which I can't really divulge until each game is nearly ready to be shown. There is a datalog that goes with each game, describing the human and alien elements each time.

For Salvation we have taken some of the most fun weapons from popular FPS of old and thrown them into an easy to play shooter. While I can continue to describe the gameplay in Salvation fully here, we think it would be best to be able to let people play it and give us feedback. That is why Blowfish Studios will be holding a closed beta test of RAZOR SALVATION on Facebook.

If you want to be a part of it all you need to do is "like" the current page and you will be invited into the beta test in the next week or two!

Old 02-28-2012, 03:40 AM

First at all thank you really much for that detailed Response. It really did raise my hopes that the Razor Franchise could bring iOS Gaming forward to the next Level.

The Idea with the different Gameplay Types sounds like an interesting turn and I`m looking forward to see the first Alpha Build in my Hands.

Therefor I did liked the Facebook Channel
Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This looks intriguing... will keep an eye on this..

Closed Thread