★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Im not hesitating when I say this is a game Ive missed in the App Store. Good fun and many hours of fun. Get it!" - mactrast.com, 4/5

CLASSIC GAMEPLAY WITH A TWIST
Find the highest scoring words from the nine letter grid in this classic word game. A unique scoring system dynamically attributes letter values based on their frequency within each game!

STUNNING GRAPHICS
Words Deluxe features gorgeous Retina-display graphics on the iPhone 4 and HD graphics on the iPad. Play with gold tiles on a polished wood board and fine felt table.

UNIVERSAL APP
Buy Words Deluxe once and play this entertaining game on your iPod, iPhone and iPad. We won't ask you to buy separate apps for each device - because that's how we roll!

PASS & PLAY MULTIPLAYER
Play Words Deluxe solo or compete against a friend in the pass and play Two Player mode. Battle it out to find the highest scoring words and beat your opponent.

THREE CHALLENGING GAME MODES
Relax with a non-timed Casual game. Race against the clock in Mad Minute mode, or reach the target score using as few words as possible in the unique Challenge mode!

PLAY IT YOUR WAY
Choose from four different game lengths to suit your playing style. Select either US or UK English and enjoy or mute the in-game sound effects and funky music track.

panapp.com's comments:
Ok, I just now learnt how to embed the appshopper link!

Website http://panapp.com/words-deluxe/
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/PanAppEntertainment
02-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Premium Game

Wow, such polish! A very attractive game to behold. I'm enjoying it very much and a very good pick up and play. The casual mode (non-timed) is very appreciated and one of the main reasons why I purchased it. The letter tiles are huge and no problems hitting the right one and the listed (spelled) words are big enough to see as well. Many word games have extremely tiny writing and but this one is made perfectly.

I could rave on but word gamer's just need to buy it. Definitely worth a couple bucks. Nice work dev!

02-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Game Impressions

A solid word puzzle game that will be enjoyed by many who love word games. With that being said, the game play well and most of universal support. There are several modes that will entice many whom want more out a traditional word game. Casual, challenge, mad minute, and two player modes are available.
Letters are large so easy to spot, and easy to play, but not that easy.
What I do find buggy is when pressing the letters, sometimes it does not register (playing on an iPad 2), but it rarely happens. Could be that I am quick to press when playing a word. Also, please add Game Center support in the future.
Other than those minor issues, a solid word game that will be loved by fans.
Great job!
4/5
02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Coldar, thanks very much for the positive review. We're glad you liked the game - we had a lot of fun putting it together. The look of the game was a big priority for me so I'm glad you found it very attractive. Cheers!
02-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks sugimulm for the great review! We'll look into the responsiveness of the letters. Glad you enjoyed the different modes - I think they, and the unique scoring system, add a lot of variety to the otherwise traditional gameplay. Game Center support (or an equivalent) is a high priority for a future update. Cheers!
02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Bought on Coldar's recommendation.

Great polish, and these type word games I always love.

My thought : Something with achievements (game center) is always fun.
A way to remove only one letter?
Maybe a way to rearrange (manually) the board, or jumble the board. Yeah, everyone does it that way, but there is a good reason - it allows your eyes / brain to start making new associations. Sorry, most of us are hard wired that way.

I'll be having fun with this regardless. Good job.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
02-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Hi pluto6, thanks for the great feedback.

We should implement single letter removal in a future update.

You can rearrange the letters now by shaking your device!

Cheers!
02-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panapp.com View Post
Hi pluto6, thanks for the great feedback.

We should implement single letter removal in a future update.

You can rearrange the letters now by shaking your device!

Cheers!
Few things - needs universal orientation ability please.
Pressing short button, cancelling, pressing again in casual mode gives different word counts required. Bug?
What lookup dictionary are you using? I only ask as I tried " stenting" and it was rejected. I know it's common in medicine. On line dictionary has it meaning a hole in the wall of a coal mine (go figure).
A "shake" button? No fun shaking iPads, esp in public.
Otherwise fun in casual. Have not tried the other modes. Looking forward to it.

02-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Hi pluto6, yes universal orientation is on the list.

The number of words required is a percentage of the total number of words that can be made from each 9 letter anagram, so it will be different for every game.

I think we ended up using a combination of several open source word lists - none of which are perfect - so we'll be adding players' suggestions, starting with 'stenting'

LOL yes don't want to look crazy shaking your iPad in public! I was thinking of having the 'delete' button starting as a shuffle button, which then changes into the delete button as soon as you submit letters - similar to how Words With Friends toggles between 'shuffle' and 'recall'.

Cheers!
02-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panapp.com View Post
Hi pluto6, yes universal orientation is on the list.

The number of words required is a percentage of the total number of words that can be made from each 9 letter anagram, so it will be different for every game.

I think we ended up using a combination of several open source word lists - none of which are perfect - so we'll be adding players' suggestions, starting with 'stenting'

LOL yes don't want to look crazy shaking your iPad in public! I was thinking of having the 'delete' button starting as a shuffle button, which then changes into the delete button as soon as you submit letters - similar to how Words With Friends toggles between 'shuffle' and 'recall'.

Cheers!
Clever for the words required. You might want to think how to put that in the help screen, or somewhere - others might assume its a bug rather than a feature - which I think is pretty cool.

I like the idea of delete button alternating with shuffle - minimalistic, will keep UI clean which is part of the appeal.

Good luck to you.