★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Origame64
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 97.8 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: FUN, FAST, DANGER!
Two friends go camping, but when they made their way through the forest, our hero fell into the cave! Dave woke the evil creatures of the cave. Help him to defeat them and get to the exit!

What people say about it:

- «The game is extremely fun! I mean it's really indescribable how fun this game actually is, especially if you like games where you avoid things/have to collect falling items» - TouchArcade Forum.

- «Graphic are cool! music seems good too» - cocos2d-iphone.org Forum

- «It`s totally an awesome game, nice graphics and controls. Also lots of fun to get highscore» - US AppStore

What you will find:

DYNAMIC gameplay: Never stand on the spot! Dodge meteors, icicles, cannons, skulls, knives and other enemies! Kick the dynamite with a foot, press on the detonator and blow up evil rocks! Catch a lot of powerups with an opportunity to improve! Slow down your enemies! Attract by magnet! Accelerate and reduce the growth!

EXCITING levels: 30 unique levels with gradually increasing difficulty! You have to try to pass them! Collect 5 stars in each level! If Dave gets into a hopeless situation - you have 3 levels of difficulty!

RISK FACTOR: Runs close under the enemies, and multiply your points! The more dangerous you play, the more gold you will earn! Take risks, running through the enemies to get a star, shield or dynamite!

DAVE: His leg was broken. His backpack is heavy. His friend remained at the top. His warm bed and iPad waiting for him at home! He is alone versus thousands of angry creatures of the cave! He needs your help!

ORIGAME64's comments:
*** 0.99$ ***

iTunes: Dave vs Cave LITE - FREE
iTunes: Dave vs Cave
- 0.99$

Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Game Name: Dave vs Cave
Game Type: Arcade & Action
Appstore Link: Dave vs Cave LITE
Appstore Link: Dave vs Cave
App Size: 88,0 MB
System requirement: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Current Version: 1.2
02-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Good!

Nice game. I really like how it looks on iPad! Gameplay is fun, especially with prizes. The only thing missing - the difficulty levels.. do this and will be excellent!

02-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Hmm...the game actually looks pretty good. I am somewhat skeptical of the that second post.

Debating...

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-15-2012, 08:07 AM
on approach v1.1

What's new in 1.1 (update on next week):
difficulty levels, some graphics optimizations, some bugs, new sounds.

Here are 5 promo codes from v1.0.
I hope you enjoy.

LW4J4NTAJEAP
THE9R3N7JLEJ
Y6N3L4LWPMY7
4MJAL44F6H4X
LNKK3LJTNRMJ

Please reply with promo code that you use.

Please follow us on: WWW Facebook Twitter
02-15-2012, 08:48 AM
All codes are gone.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
02-15-2012, 09:08 AM
I took the 4MJ one.

I was trying to play a little bit of it, but this has been a janky morning for me.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
02-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Well, damn! That's exactly what i thought when i finally stopped playing this game.

I seriously had no expectations when i went into it, but i left overwhelmed with satisfaction.

Like the video shows you are dodging things (fireballs, icicles, etc.) that fall from the top of the scree. it's mostly reminiscent to how things all from Blocks Cometh or tank blaster. So, it's a shmup without the firepower, I guess.

The thing is that it's extremely fun, the levels get quite challenging and you really have to work hard at trying to dodge things. You will want to upgrade your powerups because, trust me, you will need them. plus, a lot of them are super cool. Like one is an anti-gravity field that slows down the falling object when you're underneath them.

I mean it's really indescribable how fun this game actually is, especially if you like games where you avoid things/have to collect falling items.

This is a bit of a gauge to how much i enjoyed it. I replayed level 1-10 about 20 times before I beat it because there was a need/desire to get past it. I mean, I'm a college student playing a game most likely designed for people younger than me with my buddy (who doesn't iOS game) sitting right there, and we're both entranced by the game.

I've also never cursed so badly in my life, not even for MW2. I said things like get the F up Dave, why the hell are you still on the ground Dave, I'm going to f'n kill you Dave if you don't get up, etc etc.

It's an arcade game at it's finest if you ask me. It looks great (i think parts are retina and others aren't), it plays amazingly (there's momentum which is really appreciated), there's a ton of meaningful upgrades that can be acquired during regular gameplay, a good amount of variety, and it's very challenging but extremely satisfying once you pass that one ridiculously annoying level. Also, the game seems to flow and progress very well. The levels scaled up in difficulty nicely. The backgrounds also changed accordingly as you progressed through the cave.

Also, one of the cool things about the game is the risk factor. If you barely miss falling objects, you will increase your multiplier (graze factor). You will also be rewarded heavily for sticking around in the game to collect 5 stars.

Also, there's 4 player multiplayer, but there's not really anyone to connect with yet.

Oh yeah, duh, the point of the game is to get Dave out the cave he fell into by kicking dynamite at the door until you can blow it up.

The game is extremely fun! I wish that there was a lite version so ppl could try it out instead of taking my word.

I think I covered everything...

Edit
OMG, I had to type that so fast because I was getting b**ched at.

Anyways, I highly, highly recommend it. I started playing it earlier today, but didn't really get into it tonight.

I wonder if my expectations were so low that they were easily blown away!?

It's just fun. It really is as simple as that.

Where is Sanuku at when you need him for a good gameplay vid?

All I can say is, if the trailer interests you just a little bit, you need to get this!!!

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 02-16-2012 at 12:09 AM.
02-16-2012, 03:24 AM
I don't get it. Is Dave fighting dodonpachi, espgaluda, or bug princess? Will it be a blissful death for you or your enemies?
02-16-2012, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCranium666 View Post
I don't get it. Is Dave fighting dodonpachi, espgaluda, or bug princess? Will it be a blissful death for you or your enemies?
Wait, what?!?

02-16-2012, 01:12 PM
GoofyJmaster, thanks for extended review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed our game! Will be glad if you publish your review in the iTunes!

As well, the game will be updated very soon!

Please follow us on: WWW Facebook Twitter