★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Eremenko Aleksey
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 3.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *** FEATURES ***
- 100 interesting levels
- Game Center support
- Easy Swipe Control - just one finger
- D-Pad Control [Fire Left]
- D-Pad Control [Fire Right]

*** DESCRIPTION ***
Lode Runner is it an outstanding game, where gold treasures need to be collected in 100 levels. Up to 5 enemies try to make it hard for you. You can run, use the ladders, climb along the bars and collect treasures. As soon as you have collected all the boxes and up until now invisible ladders can appear. If you have reached the most upper line of the screen, you will get into the next level. You cannot jump, but you carry a weapon with you, with which you can dissolve the bricks for a certain time. No matter how far you will fall, you cannot get hurt. There is no time limit but the guards which reappear after their death keep you busy.

Sanuku's comments:

02-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Man I remember playing Lode Runner back in the day, for hours on end. Will have to check this out!

02-13-2012, 03:06 PM
One of my favorite games of all time! The red C64 version. This seems unofficial, but I’m curious.

If I could load my old user-made Lode Runner levels that would be awesome! I made hundreds of them back in the day... really cruel ones

Lode Runner with original C64 sounds and iCade support would be awesome!

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: Adams Immersive)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)

Last edited by Adams Immersive; 02-13-2012 at 03:14 PM.
02-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Just purchased, wished I had not. Very difficult to move man by sliding your finger on the screen and trying to dig holes as well. Sometimes you have to cross over hands,(very difficult), to dig , whilst on the move. Producing, all in all, very staccato and frustrating gaming. A good virtual joystick is needed, then the ability to tap the screen whichever way the player is facing. This should give more fluent gameplay.
Just my thoughts.
02-13-2012, 04:37 PM
I must have bought 5 or 6 of these knockoffs over the last few years and none of them have a decent control scheme.

So disappointed...
02-14-2012, 10:55 AM
I Cade

Why won't devs utilize icade support on these lode runner games? I will buy it in a second with icade support!
07-05-2012, 11:50 AM
What happend to this game?
07-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaver View Post
What happend to this game?
I'm sure it was pulled due to copyright infringement. A company called Tozai currently holds the Lode Runner rights. They are apparently releasing an android version, so maybe an official Lode Runner will eventually make its way to iOS.